SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

On 6/10/2016 at 8:26 AM, UND-1 said:

Which is what I was saying, but some cannot comprehend.  I wouldn't have wanted him to take UND's walk-on offer.  What is the point?

Camp season is coming up and I assume he will be attending NDSU, USD, SDSU, etc.  Perform well at even one of them and they might throw a half-ride offer at you.  Now the bar is set for the other schools if they are interested.  

To take a walk-on before camp season seems very, very strange considering he could take that walk-on in the fall or winter.  Plus, why would NDSU offer him anything now, they already got him.  

Like I stated above, stupid decision for Gibbs and he just decommitted after finally getting an offer from a SD MVFC school.  

NDSU strong-armed him into committing to PWO and then never offered.  Bush.

6 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Like I stated above, stupid decision for Gibbs and he just decommitted after finally getting an offer from a SD MVFC school.  

NDSU strong-armed him into committing to PWO and then never offered.  Bush.

I have sais all along it was stupid to commit that early as o PWO, but how do you know he was strong-armed? Maybe he strung NDSU along and wanted to make sure the PWO offer from NDSU was still there in case he didn't get a scholarship offer. My guess is Bubba has made a PWO offer or two already and if one of the those commirred he wouldn't decline it. Get off your high the everything Bubba does is Christ-like and everything Klieman does is bush league. Anybody that has met Klieman knows differently.

• Downvote 5

7 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

I have sais all along it was stupid to commit that early as o PWO, but how do you know he was strong-armed?

I'll agree with your first part. I said then the kid short-changed himself. 

Your second part, however, I have to wonder why the kid took the PWO. What was said to him then? None of us know for sure. 

10 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Damn Bubba strong arming kids he won't even offer a scholarship to. Classless right UND1 and Sic?

1. There's a big difference between mid June and mid August.

2. There's a difference between a kid with a lot of interest from other schools being strong armed into a decision and a kid with no other offers deciding UND is where he wants to get his degree.  If you aren't getting any interest from other schools by mid August, you take what's been offered. 

47 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Damn Bubba strong arming kids he won't even offer a scholarship to. Classless right UND1 and Sic?

Show me where I said that. What I said is taking a PWO early is short changing yourself and we don't know what else was said, in either case. 

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

1. There's a big difference between mid June and mid August.

2. There's a difference between a kid with a lot of interest from other schools being strong armed into a decision and a kid with no other offers deciding UND is where he wants to get his degree.  If you aren't getting any interest from other schools by mid August, you take what's been offered. 

This ^^^^.    Was waiting for a stupid NDSU fan response to the commit.  

The kid was obviously only going to get either a UND offer or NDSU offer and UND was the only one he got.  The South Dakota schools aren't going all the way up to Hallock for anybody, let alone a walk-on.  So he wisely took it.

Camp season is over, also.  No more proving your self in person.

D2 money offers will probably come in later.

On August 15, 2016 at 9:47 PM, gundy1124 said:

I'm sure we made him commit in the coaches office, and if he left without committing the offer was gone....... 

How did that work out for you guys again?

Who made who commit before he left an office? The Hallock kid or the SD kid? I haven't heard anyone in on the conversations comment in either case.

23 hours ago, UND-1 said:

This ^^^^.    Was waiting for a stupid NDSU fan response to the commit.  

The kid was obviously only going to get either a UND offer or NDSU offer and UND was the only one he got.  The South Dakota schools aren't going all the way up to Hallock for anybody, let alone a walk-on.  So he wisely took it.

Camp season is over, also.  No more proving your self in person.

D2 money offers will probably come in later.

I get it. If the kid is not very good then you can commit early. Who is to say he doesn't have a great season and blow up and get future offers? Why commit to a PWO before your senior season?

55 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I get it. If the kid is not very good then you can commit early. Who is to say he doesn't have a great season and blow up and get future offers? Why commit to a PWO before your senior season?

Both early PWO commits are a little puzzling to me-  logistically UND's makes a little more sense, but I put it in the 'soft verbal' catagory.

10 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

He wasn't forced to make a choice or lose his shot before going to camps at other schools and has a good feel for what interest there may or may not be, which can not be said in some other instances. Huge difference between committing before and after summer camps.  As already stated, it is more of a "soft verbal" and it wasn't a take it or leave it situation.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

Congrats to brock boltmann, he is the preseason Kare 11 all metro qb selection!!!! 

Nice, he did look pretty smooth on his tape.  He definitely looks like he can be Keaton 2.0 in a couple of years.....glad we landed him!! 

This is kind of fun to look at. I think it highlights a couple of things. First - how far video recording has come in the past eight years. Second - how much better our recruits are now. There were a few really good players in the 2008 class but many of them were not D1 level.  The biggest difference now is our level of coaching and player development and that the players are all in now.