SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS @ Duluth

AZSIOUX

Would have to agree they have about 3-4 real pieces of work online who are a real embarrassment to the rest of their fans. Some real solid keyboard warriors..... For the most part I always loved Duluth fans, until I discovered "those people". Really changed my opinion unfortunately.

Wow, you and I are on the same page with this one.  I grew up cheering for the Dogs (as long as they weren't playing UND), back in the days when Mike Sertich was their coach.  Now, there are about 4 on Twitter that I can't help running across when reading Schlossman's tweets, it reminds me of LakesBison, and is creepy how obsessed they are with anything UND related.  It's not cool and they really drag down that fanbase. 

Edited by LetsGoSioux!

Wow, you and I are on the same page with this one.  I grew up cheering for the Dogs (as long as they weren't playing UND), back in the days when Mike Sertich was their coach.  Now, there are about 4 on Twitter that I can't help running across when reading Schlossman's tweets, it reminds me of LakesBison, and is creepy how obsessed they are with anything UND related.  It's not cool and they really drag down that fanbase. 

This was kinda what happened to me last year as well.

They say lakes bison is a decent person in the real world as well. Doesn't excuse the online antics, IMO. 

I completely agree.  Your online personality and behavior is part of who you are.  If you're a jerk online, then you're a jerk, simple as that. 

(There were a few words I wanted to use instead of "jerk" but I figured I'd keep it family friendly.)

What's the story on lakes Bison? I'm one of the oft-maligned hockey only fans.

Just a troll (who doesn't realize what he is). Whoever UND is playing in football that week, he goes to their fan forum and talks trash about us. Kind of guy who would take a UND loss over an ndsu win any day. He's actually been banned from bisonville, anygivenSaturday (all fcs talk), and here (obviously).

@beersong is a real a**hole as well... For years at the Final Five I had a large group of Duluth fans sitting behind me on the eastside upper deck. These guys all wore the same tees that said F**k Sioux Sioux and were chanting racist stuff the entire tournament. Really brought my respect for the Duluth fanbase down as well. I know not every Duluth fan is like this but these guys made me sick.

Okay, its easy to spot the Duluth Trolls, but are there any real bad UND guys like that on forums/twitter? Who are they? Its naive of me to spout off about how bad those select few are when we probably have them in our fanbase too.

Sad I was left out :( Looking forward to seeing those Fighting Hawks this weekend!! Caw!

@beersong is a real a**hole as well... For years at the Final Five I had a large group of Duluth fans sitting behind me on the eastside upper deck. These guys all wore the same tees that said F**k Sioux Sioux and were chanting racist stuff the entire tournament. Really brought my respect for the Duluth fanbase down as well. I know not every Duluth fan is like this but these guys made me sick.

I'm glad siouxsports.com could make this moment happen.

Doesn't someone have a picture of one of the Duluth guys in a spongebob costume? That always cracks me up.

Okay, its easy to spot the Duluth Trolls, but are there any real bad UND guys like that on forums/twitter? Who are they? Its naive of me to spout off about how bad those select few are when we probably have them in our fanbase too.

I'm sure we do, it's a matter of percentages so we probably actually have more of these because of our sheer number of fans. However, I can't think of any off the top of my head, must mean I'm one of them :lol:

• Upvote 1

there's a guy on USCHO who has posted recently. I know I've got some UND followers on Twitter who troll me but it's all in good fun for me.  

Other than Tomek (obviously), are the boys healthy this coming weekend?

Also, I found it odd how Schloss kept referring to the Tomek injury situation as "Tomek" doesn't feel as though he is ready.  First time all year that it's being put directly on the player.  Obviously Berry is saying that to Schloss however there might be an underlying reason there.  Typically, it is referred to as we don't think he's ready.  Or the docs don't think he's ready.  I could be reaching a bit but something I noticed.  Schloss referred to that situation in the same manner every time it was brought up this week.

Edited by scpa0305
  • Upvote 1

sorry you got the wrong UMD asshole. I never wore a shirt like that and i never sat in the upper deck at a final five. I sat with a group of gopher friends blue line lower bowl every year. I am an asshole just not one of those assholes. CAW

Other than Tomek (obviously), are the boys healthy this coming weekend?

Also, I found it odd how Schloss kept referring to the Tomek injury situation as "Tomek" doesn't feel as though he is ready.  First time all year that it's being put directly on the player.  Obviously Berry is saying that to Schloss however there might be an underlying reason there.  Typically, it is referred to as we don't think he's ready.  Or the docs don't think he's ready.  I could be reaching a bit but something I noticed.  Schloss referred to that situation in the same manner every time it was brought up this week.

I think it makes sense for a goalie. It is such a mental position and if you aren't 100% certain you can play to your full potential, it will show. When I read what Schlossman says, I get the impression that Tomek as healthy enough to play but needs another week or so to be mentally prepped and it's a good thing for him that we have Christmas break coming up.

I have sat near a similar crew at the DECC a couple times.  Need some chlorine in that gene pool.

Edited by 808287

Would have to agree they have about 3-4 real pieces of work online who are a real embarrassment to the rest of their fans. Some real solid keyboard warriors..... For the most part I always loved Duluth fans, until I discovered "those people". Really changed my opinion unfortunately.

Feel the same way, dhg is a piece of work. They follow all Sioux players and attack their every word, call em racists if they  endorse the Sioux name etc...

Both are anonymous, big talking scumbags!

When I  go back and forth with them its on twitter, my real name is my screen name!    

No idea rwd is a chick, her dad must be proud?

Although I'm anxious to see Tomek on the ice, I wonder if his injury will not prove to be a good thing for the Hawks.  There was a lot of concern about Cam and H's ability to play at this level, and I think those concerns have been eased by their solid play.   You need two good goalies.  If Tomek is what we hope he is, we now know we have guys behind him who can step up.   And we also know our team can win a LOT without riding a lights-out goalie.  Confidence builder for everyone involved, at a really opportune time. 

Yeah, nice quote, burd.   Does scpa always just say nothing?

Edited by burd
  • Upvote 1