SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS @ Duluth

AZSIOUX

From the Ciskie Blog about this weekend up in Duloot:

Couple public service announcements:

1. This is a busy, busy weekend at the DECC complex. There's the Bentleyville Christmas light display at Bayfront Park, the Nutcracker ballet shows at DECC Symphony Hall, and the Arrowhead Ice Fishing Show at the DECC. They will all draw huge crowds, on top of the 7,000 and change expected for the hockey games. Consider yourself warned. Go early, walk over to Canal Park and kill some time, and know you have a parking spot and fairly easy access to the arena to get in the game on time.

2. Saturday night, UMD is conducting its annual toy drive. If you're going to the game, please consider bringing a new, unwrapped toy or two to donate. Hopefully, we can set a record with a standing room only gathering anticipated. Sadly, no Teddy Bear Toss this year, but the toy drive should be huge. Would love it if you could bring something to donate.

Cannot go myself, but this is for those who can...

If only it was a teddy bear toss

Also, anyone know the weather outlook? I had heard it may be bad for travel. 

Edited by sioux24/7

it's ok. They stay pretty wide on their main camera and have a massive scorebug in the top left. I believe announcers are just the radio feed. They do have replays. And it's 720p but I believe only a wide and slightly less wide camera. No corner or slash cameras for other angles. 

Honestly it is the worst in the NCHC. Tough to see the puck at times and the scoreboard is hard to read. Don't even bother trying to figure out how much time is left in the PP. The announcing are done by the local tv crew, a local guy and a UMD alum on color. 

They have HD cameras in the building but the local station doesn't broadcast in HD...sounds like in the coming years that will be fixed. Embarrassing for the school that its one of the worst in the NCHC. Even freaking BSU has HD. And they're in a town a quarter the size of Duluth (and 1/6th of the population of the surrounding cities). 

Scientific poll regarding UMD superfans: who is worse, Drunk Hockey Guy (incessant troll with elementary logic) or runs with dogs (wannabe blogger jealous of Schlossman)?

Wow...inviting trolling are we?  

Drunk Hockey Guy is a decent guy to talk to at the bar- not a fan of his posts.  But, he is a huge hockey fan and a homer for his team- sound like some people you know?

Runs With the Dogs- I sat by her once at a game and she was very nice.  I have no negative comments- she's a hockey fan who loves her some Bulldogs...can't fault that.

Drunk Hockey Guy is a decent guy to talk to at the bar- not a fan of his posts.  But, he is a huge hockey fan and a homer for his team- sound like some people you know?

Runs With the Dogs- I sat by her once at a game and she was very nice.  I have no negative comments- she's a hockey fan who loves her some Bulldogs...can't fault that.

I know RWD, she's a decent person. I finally met DHG checking into the Marriott last March. I think they're nice people. They do get a rise out of yanking chains and I can confirm that Donna is not a fan of Schloss. 

You mean 'Smallpox Blankets Guy'?  Yeah, he seems like a real solid individual.:wink:

• Upvote 4