SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Playoff Thread

geaux_sioux

I'm not so sure.  Wentz made so many NFL level throws that people have taken it for granted.  Stick is good but not on that level.  If he has to make the type of plays Wentz had to make vs Montana and UNI, the ac is in a lot of trouble.

UNI has to get by Portland before thinking about the bison.  The bison might make it by the griz if their dline plays well. 

polisek has went back to pounding the ball instead of trying to showcase Wentz.  The FU offense is clicking.  Not sure if Stick has to make those throws.  

Yes, the running game gets going against the soft part of the schedule so stick doesn't have to make those throws.  If they run it like that vs UNI and/or ISU then I'll be impressed. (I left out the griz on purpose because I don't think they can stop the run).

Posted in another thread but probably should be here instead.

I don't see PSU beating UNI. UNI has just as good a defense if not better then our own. UNI's offense is rolling right now and Bailey is passing it better then he has all year and still gashing teams with the run. I look for UNI to get to the Semi's.

Hard to pick against NDSU (playing at home) and UNI (hottest team in FCS) but I found this quote from lakes on the UNI message board pretty entertaining.  

well might as well get this going since we are both playing Big Fluffy teams.

Should be a slam dunk 

See you in Fargo in 2 weeks !!

Montana fans already calling for the new head coaches head.

The coach before that lasted two years.

And the one before that lasted two years also.

UND hockey fans had to learn about parity*. I guess its time for Montana football fans too?

*Except BC and NDSU of course. :huh:

Edited by Cratter

The last Big Sky Conference squad still alive in the playoffs, Portland State, is down 16-3 to Northern Iowa at halftime. UNI - like most MVFC teams - is playing a tough-minded run defense and Portland State can't run against it at all; reminiscent of the way UND plays defense in that they focus on stuffing the run. 

Future is bright for UND within the Big Sky Conference. They play a style of defense that has and will continue to give the other teams fits, especially run first offenses like Portland State and Cal Poly. Still need to strengthen up secondary play, but the future is looking good. 

• Upvote 2

UNI leads 23-17 with about 11:00.   great game in the rain.

The Big Fluff-

I said it so now the SU guys don't need to point it out, cause we are aware.

If the Big Fluff doesn't start making a push in the playoffs, it will hurt our bubble teams.

UNI has been hot since their middle of the year slump, much like UND was playing.

UNI beat PSU last night, so Panthers will be in Fargo next week.

As much as I was pulling for the Vikings as the Big Sky conference mate, it was pretty apparent to me watching the game, that NDSU would have absolutely destroyed them.  UNI will give the Bison a pretty good game I think.

I wasn't at all surprised by the result of the Montana-NDSU game.  That gimicky offense that Montana runs may be fun to watch at times, but it seems rarely successful against a quality defense like NDSU's.

As much as I was pulling for the Vikings as the Big Sky conference mate, it was pretty apparent to me watching the game, that NDSU would have absolutely destroyed them.  UNI will give the Bison a pretty good game I think.

I wasn't at all surprised by the result of the Montana-NDSU game.  That gimicky offense that Montana runs may be fun to watch at times, but it seems rarely successful against a quality defense like NDSU's.

Defense is key............SU gave up 6 yards rushing. They also ran for 250+. That will win in the playoffs.

UND is starting to carve out the same blueprint.

• Upvote 1

I would bet dollars to doughnuts that Gustofson isn't the starter at Montana next season.  That offense needs a QB with a little mobility.  He is no threat to run the ball.  NDSU looked very good yesterday playing to avenge the early season loss.  The game vs UNI next week will be a good one.  

I would bet dollars to doughnuts that Gustofson isn't the starter at Montana next season.  That offense needs a QB with a little mobility.  He is no threat to run the ball.  NDSU looked very good yesterday playing to avenge the early season loss.  The game vs UNI next week will be a good one.  

I am not sure I've ever seen a quarterback look that bad. His throws weren't even in the same zip code even when there was no pressure on him. 

I am not sure I've ever seen a quarterback look that bad. His throws weren't even in the same zip code even when there was no pressure on him. 

I didnt see any of the Griz game, but as far as bad QB play goes, Kuresa from PSU last night was horrible.  I was shocked they didnt make a chsnge especially considering they had three different guys taking snaps at times this season.

They did have another qb in a few plays.  He is the one that fumbled in the red zone.  Kureha can scramble but not very accurate when throwing. 

Idk, I watched a lot of their games this year and it seemed that every big play they got was the QB running around for about 10 seconds and then throwing off balance for a huge gain or a TD. It's not pretty but it's nearly impossible to defend.

I didnt see any of the Griz game, but as far as bad QB play goes, Kuresa from PSU last night was horrible.  I was shocked they didnt make a chsnge especially considering they had three different guys taking snaps at times this season.

His mobility gave them a chance. Pretty sure they don't have anyone better in terms of pure throwing ability, anyways.