SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS @ SCSU Huskies - Saturday Gameday

AZSIOUX

Well, it was billed as a split series, so why not.  Like I said last night, I'd rather be outshot than outscored.  We earned that one, and I hope these guys remember the taste in their mouths tonight.  A sweep would have put JBSU in our rear view.  Now we are neck and neck with them and no chance to get back at them until a playoff game.  While it will make for a challenging season, it certainly makes a Penrose tougher.  One thing we learned...we're not perfect.  Our defense needs work, and lines 2, 3, and 4 need work   I saw a lot of passengers out there tonight.  Get back to work and take it to Michigan State next weekend.

• Upvote 1

I kind of liked it when the black jerseys only came out when they needed a critical win, not every second night on the road.  It seemed like every time they came out under Hakstol, they played inspired hockey.  Not so much tonight.  Maybe it's just a matter that the players really like the black jerseys, and Berry has a different viewpoint on where the inspiration really comes from.  

Edited by tnt
  • Upvote 2

Kind of a similar effort to last night from the Sioux  problem was last night we got away with playing sloppy and mistakes but that won't happen consistently and it showed tonight. St. Cloud got some bounces tonight and was able to cash in on some of the bad turnovers that they didn't finish last night. The other big difference tonight was SCSU did a good job of keeping us to the outside and taking away shooting lanes. Lindgren is also a very good goalie and showed it again tonight while neither of our goalies looked real great. Going into next week it will be interesting to see how the goaltending situation plays out. I thought Hrynkiw didn't look sharp at all this weekend and seemed out of position a lot especially deep in his net which really hurts him as a smaller goalie. Johnson I thought was a little up and down tonight as well making some good saves but giving up 1 or 2 he maybe should have had and getting lucky with a few posts/crossbars. If Tomek is healthy maybe we finally see him in some game action next weekend. Did Gersich get hurt last night? If not I don't get the decision to sit him at all as he has created some good opportunities and finished some as well and there isn't an abundance of those types of guys in the lineup. I didn't mind the decision to put Janatuinen into the lineup I just thought it should have been for Sanderson as imo. he doesn't really add a whole lot to the lineup.

Edited by SiouxScore

I kind of liked it when the black jerseys only came out when they needed a critical win, not every second night on the road.  It seemed like every time they came out under Hakstol, they played inspired hockey.  Not so much tonight.  Maybe it's just a matter that the players really like the black jerseys, and Berry has a different viewpoint on where the inspiration really comes from.  

I agree.  Effect is watered down.

• Upvote 1