SiouxSports.com Forum

So I Guess Fighting Hawks It Is

geaux_sioux

The small black dot is the tongue. (or a birdseed). The big black part is the top of the beak. Small black is the bottom. Serrated part upper right of circle is wing. I know you're having me on, but never know, you may be cross eyed.:D

wow, thanks.  I don't know how you figured that out.   you're either onto something or you're on something.  :)

I would mention I don't think hawks have bottom beaks that protrude like that.... but being the whole thing is so abstract i'll assume that's just the mushrooms talking.

Never happen! Can't believe anyone believes this can happen...dumb.

I was being facetious. Lighten up. However it was one of the "demands" given the day of the "walk for tolerance" or whatever it was called. Something like "removal of all Fighting Sioux icons from campus and a ban on Fighting Sioux clothing on campus". I don't buy it, I don't believe it could happen but it was demanded with the repercussions being they would create a nation-wide campaign to discourage Native Americans from attending UND. It's been more than six months since the Walk so I'm guessing they must be hunkered down in the Native American Cultural Center planning on how they are going to pull this off. 

I was being facetious. Lighten up. However it was one of the "demands" given the day of the "walk for tolerance" or whatever it was called. Something like "removal of all Fighting Sioux icons from campus and a ban on Fighting Sioux clothing on campus". I don't buy it, I don't believe it could happen but it was demanded with the repercussions being they would create a nation-wide campaign to discourage Native Americans from attending UND. It's been more than six months since the Walk so I'm guessing they must be hunkered down in the Native American Cultural Center planning on how they are going to pull this off. 

I wasnt attacking you sorry if it seemed that way. I meant it to the people that would try to do this, or even want this to happen, not the people that have fear of it happening.

• Upvote 1

Last night a buddy of mine who played golf for the gophers and his brother who played hockey for the gophers told me "UND went from the best name and mascot in maybe all of college sports to the worst". I don't know if I was proud that they admitted that Sioux was the best nickname or I was pissed that we're no longer the Sioux. The only thing I know is that I don't have enough pride in the Hawks name yet to defend it. I want to move on but my heart isn't in it yet. 

Last night a buddy of mine who played golf for the gophers and his brother who played hockey for the gophers told me "UND went from the best name and mascot in maybe all of college sports to the worst". I don't know if I was proud that they admitted that Sioux was the best nickname or I was pissed that we're no longer the Sioux. The only thing I know is that I don't have enough pride in the Hawks name yet to defend it. I want to move on but my heart isn't in it yet. 

They are certainly entitled to their opinions about the name, but what really impresses me is that the U of M has incorporated prescience into its student-athlete mentoring programs.

Yah and I bet before this they've never said a bad thing about UND ever. Did you ask them what name they would have thought could have replaced Fighting Sioux?

Yah and I bet before this they've never said a bad thing about UND ever. Did you ask them what name they would have thought could have replaced Fighting Sioux?

I didn't ask them and I didn't disagree with them either. I told them I'm pretty sure our President is a U of M graduate.