SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Cal-Poly - Win and In???

siouxfan512

I believe I saw a stat on Cal Poly WR Tucker has 12 receptions 6 for TD's.  This tells me defenses fall asleep stopping the run and Tucker slips behind the secondary.  We need to keep a sharp on him.

That's part of the triple option game plan.   Run, run, run and run some more then sneak attack.  Bubba knows this, he'll have them assignment sharp this weekend 

Don't see Cerritino on either the two-deep or the roster.  Anyone word on whether he quit?  Don't see Walker on the two-deep, either, but he's still on the roster.

Is Walker dinged up? Didn't see him against UNC...

Cerriteno is still listed on roster... looks like its been updated to include pics... http://www.undsports.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=13500&SPID=6399&SPSID=58641

Is Walker dinged up? Didn't see him against UNC...

Cerriteno is still listed on roster... looks like its been updated to include pics... http://www.undsports.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=13500&SPID=6399&SPSID=58641

Didn't see Cerritino listed on the roster included in the Cal Poly game notes, though.http://www.undsports.com/pdf9/4126506.pdf

Kind of disappointing that this thread is getting buried due to all the nickname crap that came out yesterday. One of UND's most important games in the D1 era, and all everyone can talk about it a nickname (I'm not thrilled either, but there is a game on Saturday).

Has anyone heard any injury updates? I assume Santiago is a full go for the game ... I believe he said he just had a stinger. Any news on Oliveira? I figure he is done for the year, but was there any formal announcement on what it was? confirmation of sprain vs tear?

I know everyone gets a little nervous about Cal-Poly's offense, but I think we all need to remember that we have a top notch defense, especially against the run. We also have a run game that is right up there with Cal-Poly, and our O-Line is really coming together. 

I have full confidence that this will be a UND win, I just hope we can get out to a nice lead like we did against UNC. Try to really take them out of the game early.

Go Sioux!

Edited by siouxfan512
  • Upvote 2

Kind of disappointing that this thread is getting buried due to all the nickname crap that came out yesterday. One of UND's most important games in the D1 era, and all everyone can talk about it a nickname (I'm not thrilled either, but there is a game on Saturday).

Has anyone heard any injury updates? I assume Santiago is a full go for the game ... I believe he said he just had a stinger. Any news on Oliveira? I figure he is done for the year, but was there any formal announcement on what it was? confirmation of sprain vs tear?

I know everyone gets a little nervous about Cal-Poly's offense, but I think we all need to remember that we have a top notch defense, especially against the run. We also have a run game that is right up there with Cal-Poly, and our O-Line is really coming together. 

I have full confidence that this will be a UND win, I just hope we can get out to a nice lead like we did against UNC. Try to really take them out of the game early.

Go Sioux!

Below is the most recent injury report published in the UND-Cal Poly Football Notes that came out late Monday (despite the fact that it says "Oct. 31" on the Injury Report -- I think that part just didn't get updated).  

It is kind of funny the cat-and-mouse game that teams play with the opposition when it comes to these reports. For instance, we all assume Brady is out for the season, but the report lists him as "doubtful."  Doubtful ?????  What??? We all saw him on Saturday, didn't we?  Looked more than doubtful to me, but, hey, what do I know? Bubba also gave an encouraging nod toward Oliviera on the Midco show on Tuesday night. He said something like Brady's injury might not be as severe as first believed, but he gave no time table for anything.

I will keep hoping for the best!

NORTH DAKOTA INJURY REPORT | Oct. 31

2 Brandon Walker, WR (Out)

5 Brady Oliveira, RB (Doubtful)

15 Alex Reed, WR (Out)

16 Romon Bridges, WR (Out for season)

20 Zach Arnell, DB (Out for season)

30 DaQuan Baker, DE (Out)

32 Taj Rich, ILB (Out for season)

43 Drew Greeley, DE (Doubtful)

46 Tyler Coyne, FB (Out for season)

61 Brandon Miller, OL (Out)

Bubba said Brady was "very questionable". Basically sounds like if we push into the playoffs he could be back but that's pure speculation on my part.

That's crazy, given what we saw on Saturday. Awesome news though, because it almost guarantees he will be at 100% by spring ball. Would be nice to have him back in the playoffs, though I certainly think we have some pretty good depth at the position if he can't play.

Go Sioux!

I know im absolutly jacked for this game. The players are as well. They understand th opportunity and are excited about the challenge of facing an option. I'll be doing a lot of streaming on Saturday which is perfect because I just got a big time upgrade by switching from cableone to midco.

• Upvote 2

I know im absolutly jacked for this game. The players are as well. They understand th opportunity and are excited about the challenge of facing an option. I'll be doing a lot of streaming on Saturday which is perfect because I just got a big time upgrade by switching from cableone to midco.

I know what you mean. My excitement for this game is right up there with hockey going to the Frozen Four. I'm just that pumped about a potential playoff team. I hope this fades a bit in the future, because I prefer to be more excited for playoff games, not just the potential to make them, but it is all part of rebuilding a program.

Yep, Saturday will be full of streaming. Glad the Friday night hockey game is at least on tv here.

• Upvote 1