SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Cal-Poly - Win and In???

siouxfan512

Eversport or whatever its called better work better for this game then it has in the past.

Stream was great for me last saturday. I also watched a small portion of the Poly vs Sac game and it appeared to stream well. However do not expect the same production value that midco provides.

Stream was great for me last saturday. I also watched a small portion of the Poly vs Sac game and it appeared to stream well. However do not expect the same production value that midco provides.

Agreed, the stream from last weekend was fantastic. It was like watching a normal HD channel for me. Much better than earlier this season.

That's absolutely crazy about brady, considering what it looked like. Hope for his sake it's true.  

With a 8:00pm kickoff, Und will have a better understanding of their playoff  chances.  Obviously they're going for a victory regardless, but every other team in contention, their game will be over.  Basically Unds game is the last playoff potential game.  I have a very good feeling about this game.   

• Upvote 1

The reason why Norberg looked a lot better is because the o line has dominated the last 2 games.  Iwarri looked good too.  As geaux mentioned, Grady is the biggest upgrade to the team.  If you noticed, most of the big runs are on the right side.....Grady's side!  Nfl teams will begin watching him next yr

Just had to watch the UND vs N. Colorado highlight clip. So much fun to see Sanitago do this thing and make guys miss, but as has been stated on here, he didn't so much have holes to run through as canyons. Amazing job by this O-Line. Could not be more pumped for the game tomorrow.

The reason why Norberg looked a lot better is because the o line has dominated the last 2 games.  Iwarri looked good too.  As geaux mentioned, Grady is the biggest upgrade to the team.  If you noticed, most of the big runs are on the right side.....Grady's side!  Nfl teams will begin watching him next yr

AFter a season of winter weights and Diet by Baukol..... wow, he's going to be something special!!!!

The thing I am excited about regarding our o-line is we have two bookend tackles for the next two seasons after this one along with Cox at one position in the middle.  That is two more years of not as much uncertainty regarding our OL that has been such a question the last few seasons.  

AFter a season of winter weights and Diet by Baukol..... wow, he's going to be something special!!!!

His hands and feet are superior because of his excellence as a boxer. Once he acquires man strength from Baukol he will maul people. He's just a natural with leverage. 

Edited by geaux_sioux

His hands and feet are superior because of his excellence as a boxer. Once he acquires man strength from Baukol he will maul people. He's just a natural with leverage. 

That's a great point that I forgot about!  Boxers and wrestlers bring a lot to the game of football. Can't be overstated.

That's a great point that I forgot about!  Boxers and wrestlers bring a lot to the game of football. Can't be overstated.

And us hockey players hit with our shoulders :lol:

Early on in high school coach got on me for not wrapping up and hitting like I was on the ice. I quickly fixed that!

The thing I am excited about regarding our o-line is we have two bookend tackles for the next two seasons after this one along with Cox at one position in the middle.  That is two more years of not as much uncertainty regarding our OL that has been such a question the last few seasons.  

We lose Bowass Anderson and Meehan. We replace them with a combo of Cox Aplin (my personal favorite) Bell Miller Steiner Taylor and a really good looking group of redshirting fr. It's crazy because only a couple of years ago we had a line with zero depth and maybe 3 legit D1 OL. Mussmans last class had great hogs. Bubba's first class also added great hogs. Bubba's second class might have even better hogs as is evident with Grady already. This is how you build a winner. We now have good depth. In two years we will have GREAT depth. It's a good thing they remodeled Wilke because we've got some big ol boys on the line now.

We lose Bowass Anderson and Meehan. We replace them with a combo of Cox Aplin (my personal favorite) Bell Miller Steiner Taylor and a really good looking group of redshirting fr. It's crazy because only a couple of years ago we had a line with zero depth and maybe 3 legit D1 OL. Mussmans last class had great hogs. Bubba's first class also added great hogs. Bubba's second class might have even better hogs as is evident with Grady already. This is how you build a winner. We now have good depth. In two years we will have GREAT depth. It's a good thing they remodeled Wilke because we've got some big ol boys on the line now.

My favorite nonstarter for 2 yrs has been demon.  I attended a few practices when he was a true fresh and was really impressed.  

What has me giddy is the fact that santiago will only get bigger, stronger, faster, more experienced and a o line that will push most any team.   Hes already proven to us as a true fresh  that he doesn't need any type hole to be gone.  Barring injury he should be Unds first 2000 yrd rusher.  Add in brady and wow!!!  

My favorite nonstarter for 2 yrs has been demon.  I attended a few practices when he was a true fresh and was really impressed.  

What has me giddy is the fact that santiago will only get bigger, stronger, faster, more experienced and a o line that will push most any team.   Hes already proven to us as a true fresh  that he doesn't need any type hole to be gone.  Barring injury he should be Unds first 2000 yrd rusher.  Add in brady and wow!!!  

I've heard that Austin Gordon is one of the most impressive redshirting fr.... so that will give us yet another rb for the future. What an amazing job this staff did addressing the weakest spot on the team and instantly turning into arguably the strongest... with HS players and not JUCOs. 

• Upvote 1

I joked with a buddy last week that poor Nevermann might find himself in the same spot that he was last year in Wyo:

Bubba: Hey, Oscar!

Nevermann: Yeah, coach?

Bubba: Come over here, pal

Nevermann: Coming, coach!

Bubba: (putting his arm around Oscar)... Sooo, how're things goin'?

Bubba: Workouts coming along?  Grades?  Heard much from home?

Nevermann: Everything's good, coach. 

Bubba: Soo, Oscar, we're looking pretty good at running back going forward, aren't we?

Nevermann: yeah, coach, I'm pretty excited; can't wait to contribute!

Bubba: Soooo, whadd'ya think of linebacker?

Nevermann: <oh crap look>

All kidding aside -- I think Oscar is safe at RB, as we all know the importance of depth. 

Edited by Teeder11

I've heard that Austin Gordon is one of the most impressive redshirting fr.... so that will give us yet another rb for the future. What an amazing job this staff did addressing the weakest spot on the team and instantly turning into arguably the strongest... with HS players and not JUCOs. 

Correct on Gordon. As some might know, I have zero life in the late summers and I tend to make it to most summer camp practices. Gordon looked more than ready at that time, and was the most impressive back on the field many times. That said, this was when Santiago was practicing with the WRS. 

• Upvote 2

Doesn't hurt to have a stable. Get kind of tired hearing from my NDSU relatives about how "Yeah, we lost ____, but his backup has been torching it in practice for 2+ years now, he's the next _____" while we can't field 1 good RB. So, by all means, bring in 8 or 9 more RB recruits.

• Upvote 1