SiouxSports.com Forum

Nickname Vote: FINAL Runoff: Exit Poll

cowboys5xsbs

Nickname Vote: FINAL Runoff: Exit Poll  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you vote for?

• Fighting Hawks
    • Roughriders

Was a nodak supporter for first two votes. Then a hawk supporter but just now voted for riders. Just couldn't vote for the hawks. Will be proud of either and hope everyone else will be too.

I'm proud to be a UND grad and will support whichever nickname. I may not like it, but I'll sure as heck support them.

I voted Riders.

Just Voted.  I wouldn't saw it was a coin toss, but just as well could have been.  I voted for Roughriders, even though I think that Hawks has better possibilities for logos.

I disagree. I think a hawk logo, you're stuck with a hawk logo.

Roughriders leaves it more open ended.

Edited by Cratter
  • Upvote 2

Wow.  Crazy numbers.  Currently 31-4 for Roughriders?  So where are all these Fighting Hawks votes coming from?  Definitely not from those on this site!!

People that don't know what the nicknames of North Dakota are.

People who think the "Blackhawk hawk Maplesoft hawks" logo will be used at UND.

People who think that UND only represents Grand Forks.

Edited by Cratter

and people that know the results of this poll are irrelevant, so they don't bother.

$100 on fighting Hawks.  Any takers?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

You know, there are a lot of GF folks that are now voting RR.  Pretty much everyone I have spoken too excluding current students (which truly doesn't reflect the folks that have always lived there).  That last comment appears rather unintelligent.  

Edited by scpa0305
  • Upvote 1

You know, there are a lot of GF folks that are now voting RR.  Pretty much everyone I have spoken too excluding current students (which truly doesn't reflect the folks that have always lived there).  That last comment appears rather unintelligent.  

And I've spoken to a bunch that say otherwise too and let me know there is already a Roughriders in GF and it'd be stupid to have another.

It's hard to deny it something people consider when considering which one to vote for.

Edited by Cratter

And I've spoken to a bunch that say otherwise too and let me know there is already a Roughriders in GF and it'd be stupid to have another.

It's hard to deny it something people consider when considering which one to vote for.

I think the tide may be turning on that now that the choice is between Fighting Hawks and Roughriders. Which gives me even more ammo to my theory that Kelley was trying to help Fighting Hawks win when he let Nodaks survive the initial round of voting despite finishing 3rd.