SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ CC - Saturday Gameday

AZSIOUX

If Hrynkiw keeps playing as good as he has, do you take him out of the net if Johnson or Tomek are able to play? Right now, I think Matt is definitely better than Johnson. Tomek is the unknown of course since he hasn't played a game yet.

Hrynkiw may be getting close to passing Johnson but everyone needs to remember we have been playing some of the worst teams in the country. The one good thing about Hrynkiw is that he seems to be relatively calm in their where Johnson always looked shakey early on in games. It's Tomeks net when he's back.

• Upvote 1

Hrynkiw may be getting close to passing Johnson but everyone needs to remember we have been playing some of the worst teams in the country. The one good thing about Hrynkiw is that he seems to be relatively calm in their where Johnson always looked shakey early on in games. It's Tomeks net when he's back.

But Hrynkiw looked better than Johnson did against "some of the worst teams in the country."

Perhaps, but how much rope do you give the untested "star" when you have a hot backup?  I suspect that people will be calling for the hook as soon as Tomek has a bad period, let alone a game or weekend.  Nice problem to have, naturally, but still a sticky coaching dilemma.

A valid point, but every coach loves it when the players are pushing each other with their play, not the coaches.  

This ultra soft schedule may have been just what this team needed with all the young players and the goalie injuries.  Things will get real pretty fast, and with what happened to other NCHC teams this weekend out east, we can't become self-satisfied even if we keep winning in conference. 

The public line is that the woman who wrote America the Beautiful was a guest professor at CC and they were honoring her. The gal who sang it both nights is a good friend of my girlfriend's and we sat with her and her husband during Saturday's game. We asked her about it and she said she was of the understanding that she'd be doing the anthem up until the last minute, that early morning on Friday when CC informed/instructed her what to sing.

The public line is that the woman who wrote America the Beautiful was a guest professor at CC and they were honoring her. The gal who sang it both nights is a good friend of my girlfriend's and we sat with her and her husband during Saturday's game. We asked her about it and she said she was of the understanding that she'd be doing the anthem up until the last minute, that early morning on Friday when CC informed/instructed her what to sing.

I would think they would still have to sing the Anthem, i guess not

Are you serious......why is that? If it has anything to do with political correctness then the pc crowd can F##K right off!!!!!

It's been going on for years. Some people think "America the Beautiful" is easier to sing and sounds better. I honestly don't think anything is broken, so why fix it? It is highly unlikely to ever happen anyway.

Are you serious......why is that? If it has anything to do with political correctness then the pc crowd can F##K right off!!!!!

Wasn't it the anniversary of America the Beautiful? I thought I saw Big Bad Brad Schloss tweet that....If that's the case I really don't mind. I looked through his twitter timeline and I can't find that tweet....Oh well! We sing the Anthem at The Ralph, who cares what CC (Cough cough winless) does at their rink

Both patriotic songs....don't really think it has anything to do with PC people....but you know, controversy sells like a mofo. Dolla dolla bills y'all, gotta make our own conflict sometimes!

But you have to hand it to the writer of America the Beautiful...Kathy Bates...Well done, Kath
640_kathy_bates_ahs_freak_show_2.jpg

Yeah, it's not his net until he's earned it.