SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU Gameday Thread

Dustin

Just wait until we have a new nickname, guys!  That's clearly what's holding us back today.  If we had a Sundog on our helmet, I guarantee we'd easily be leading this game.

because having a Sioux logo or just a ND logo would make this team better? Also being on sanctions is surely a plus on the recruiting trail.

because having a Sioux logo or just a ND logo would make this team better? Also being on sanctions is surely a plus on the recruiting trail.

Being off sanctions for the past three years sure hasn't seemed to help this football team.  If I see another season like this, we might as well go back to the "Fighting Sioux" because this team is never going to put itself in the position (making the playoffs) for sanctions to even matter.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Being off sanctions for the past three years sure hasn't seemed to help this football team.  If I see another season like this, we might as well go back to the "Fighting Sioux" because this team is never going to put itself in the position (making the playoffs) for sanctions to even matter.

Just stop. Go back to the Nickname Section.

• Upvote 2

The problem with the offense is the O-line. Changing the quarterback is not going to fix anything at this point. Bubba and company are going to stay the course and let the offensive players learn on the job. There is no real credible alternative right now. This staff inherited one of the worst teams in program history and has exactly one recruiting class of its own to work with, along with some leftovers from the Mussman regime and some transfers.

People need to get their butts to the Alerus Center next Saturday and every home game after that and support the team and the program. I will be there next week. Will you?

• Upvote 4

I'm thinking 2 more victories this year if we are lucky.   We should beat UNC, unless Bubba pulls a Muss and blows the finish, and UC Davis, assuming they are as bad as everyone says they are.    I really had high hopes for this year, figured we'd give NDSU a run in this game.    How bad are the teams from Drake and Wyoming if we beat them?

I'm thinking 2 more victories this year if we are lucky.   We should beat UNC, unless Bubba pulls a Muss and blows the finish, and UC Davis, assuming they are as bad as everyone says they are.    I really had high hopes for this year, figured we'd give NDSU a run in this game.    How bad are the teams from Drake and Wyoming if we beat them?

You are assuming this team won't get any better at all from now to the end of the season. I think we will get better day by day, practice by practice, game by game and recruit by recruit. It took the Thomas regime six years to reach the playoffs and seven years to beat NDSU. Bubba is early on in year two. We have to maintain a long-term perspective on this team. #daybyday

• Upvote 2

You are assuming this team won't get any better at all from now to the end of the season. I think we will get better day by day, practice by practice, game by game and recruit by recruit. It took the Thomas regime six years to reach the playoffs and seven years to beat NDSU. Bubba is early on in year two. We have to maintain a long-term perspective on this team. #daybyday

But you have to assume the teams we are playing are also getting better every week.