SiouxSports.com Forum

Vote on your final 5 nickname choices (just ND is out)

jimdahl

Which nicknames are acceptable  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the final five are acceptable (you can choose more than one)

• Nodaks
    • North Stars
    • Fighting Hawks
    • Sun Dogs
    • Roughriders

So what will be the fallout if the public votes goes for RR by a large margin (it seems to be the overwhelming choice of the 5 left) but that pick in turn is rejected by Kelley AFTER this whole debacle with the no nickname situation?

So what will be the fallout if the public votes goes for RR by a large margin (it seems to be the overwhelming choice of the 5 left) but that pick in turn is rejected by Kelley AFTER this whole debacle with the no nickname situation?

As long as the vocal minority celebrates the selection of "Sundogs," he won't care. After all, like any good academia nut, he himself knows what is best for the common folk.

As long as the vocal minority celebrates the selection of "Sundogs," he won't care. After all, like any good academia nut, he himself knows what is best for the common folk.

Some of my NDSU buddies in Fargo who thought Whiskey Joe was a complete embarrassment and train wreck for NDSU are starting to think he actually wasn't all that bad after watching Kelley operate at UND over the past couple of years! 

My gut, knowing Kelley, is he will add "North Dakota" back into the mix for consideration. He very often capitulates to public opinion.

Are you being serious?  If that happens then this really is a complete circus and will solidify how big of a joke this whole process has been.

Are you being serious?  If that happens then this really is a complete circus and will solidify how big of a joke this whole process has been.

Who knows?  I was wrong on the committee keeping it in the running the other day. It just seems like whenever anything like this happens and folks start sharpening their pitchforks -- whether it be on campus with faculty or in the public domain -- the Kelley administration has succumbed to those pressures.

The now immortalized words of Lowell Schweigert will be used to remind Roughriders supporters that (paraphrasing here) -sometimes the popular choice is not the right choice.

Roughriders supporters will then be ridiculed on Siouxsports for their "wrong" opinion, and will be told to move on. Sound familiar?

Who knows?  I was wrong on the committee keeping it in the running the other day. It just seems like whenever anything like this happens and folks start sharpening their pitchforks -- whether it be on campus with faculty or in the public domain -- the Kelley administration has succumbed to those pressures.

Leadership without a backbone..........we have seen that before with him.

Welcome to the world of public sausage, er, I mean, policy making! :p  I. am. not. surprised!

Might as well throw Big Cocks into the mix now as well to appease the GOBC!

Hmmmmm...I remember getting verbally abused on here when I said this no nickname option isn't done yet.

Not that I had any inside info, but the writing was on the wall.

People are doing what Sic always says we should have done 10 years ago for the Sioux name, their just doing it now for no nickname!

Wish this determination and drive happened for the Fighting Sioux name, maybe none of this would be happening now?

• Upvote 2

Maybe my choice, Screaming Weasels, will get thrown onto the ballot?

Why not? Anything seems possible now!

Lets see how many people we can get together this afternoon and go have a picnic on a sidewalk around campus.  Doesn't seem to take much to get the president to change his mind. 

Lets see how many people we can get together this afternoon and go have a picnic on a sidewalk around campus.  Doesn't seem to take much to get the president to change his mind. 

Really never has. It's just that no one ever pays attention unless it is about something ultra important that the public can wrap its collective head around.

So........this whole committee, this whole process to date has been for what? 

Never seen anything like this before.

Pretty crazy and very unorganized but I am happy this decision was made.

But thinking as unbiaseded as possible, what the hell is going on here?!?

• Upvote 1

Hmmmmm...I remember getting verbally abused on here when I said this no nickname option isn't done yet.

Not that I had any inside info, but the writing was on the wall.

People are doing what Sic always says we should have done 10 years ago for the Sioux name, their just doing it now for no nickname!

Wish this determination and drive happened for the Fighting Sioux name, maybe none of this would be happening now?

I know right.