SiouxSports.com Forum

Cost of Attendance

GeauxSioux

7 hours ago, bison73 said:

Nothing to deflect.  Its pretty straight forward IMO. If you want to extrapolate it to whatever conspiracy or scenario have at it. I find it amusing.

I also find it amusing you resorted to that tact, which of course you had to because you dont have an answer.  All you would of had to do was say you didnt know. Just like myself as I also have no idea where the rest of the money will come from at this juncture. I do know I sent in a donation for that exact purpose and was ear marked so.  I know others who did as well. So Im not really concerned about where the extra will come from. There are many avenues where to raise the extra money. 350,000.00 is already taken care of.

I wish you well in your fund raising efforts.

Discussion is going on about something actually happening at NDSU (NDSU Athletics asking for money from students 2 years after saying that they wouldn't need more money for 5 years). NDSU apologist enters the discussion and tries to suggest that UND will do something similar without any evidence of it happening from any source. That is a deflection. You can decide whatever you want about the NDSU situation, but trying to shift the discussion to UND and get it away from NDSU is pure deflection.

• Upvote 1

NDSU's student fees are significantly less than UND's.   After increasing NDSU's student fees by 34%, NDSU's student fee will still be, "significantly less than UNDs.

If NDSU's student fees were $1, compared to UND's $250, and NDSU increased the fees to $5, the headline here would be . . . "NDSU increases student fees by %500!!!".   A little disingenuous, don't you think?

Take away?   Just a bunch of idiots on this board making a mountain out of a mole hill.   NDSU student fees will still be a great value compared to other area universities.

Why is NDSU doing this?  It's low hanging fruit that just sitting there for the taking, so take it and put it to use.   The fees for students are increasing, but they will still be relatively low.

• Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, Herd said:

NDSU's student fees are significantly less than UND's.   After increasing NDSU's student fees by 34%, NDSU's student fee will still be, "significantly less than UNDs.

If NDSU's student fees were $1, compared to UND's $250, and NDSU increased the fees to $5, the headline here would be . . . "NDSU increases student fees by %500!!!".   A little disingenuous, don't you think?

Take away?   Just a bunch of idiots on this board making a mountain out of a mole hill.   NDSU student fees will still be a great value compared to other area universities.

Why is NDSU doing this?  It's low hanging fruit that just sitting there for the taking, so take it and put it to use.   The fees for students are increasing, but they will still be relatively low.

Why do they suddenly need it, though?   Hint:  notice they will NEVER say FCOA?  

Timing is the problem. 

42 minutes ago, Herd said:

So you are advocating that NDSU should take the student fees "because they can". That seems to be a great way to build trust with the student body. How about giving an honest reason for needing them? I don't care if it's $1 or $1,000, the school should provide a legitimate use for the money, not just some vague possibilities. Show a need for the money instead of claiming that they will still be a great deal even after the increase.

I'm not quite sure how you maintain the right to post on this board with your insults.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Hey at least Herd is honest. It is because "because they can."

What we also know is NDSU's athletic budget will need to increase because of FCOA (Private donations aren't a long term solution).

Ticket prices. 5.00 x 14000 = 70,000 x 6 games = 420,000. Thats just a start.

1 minute ago, bison73 said:

Ticket prices. 5.00 x 14000 = 70,000 x 6 games = 420,000. Thats just a start.

More guessing on your part or has anyone from the NDSU Athletic Department actually said they were going to do that? Guessing doesn't count. If they did I could say that UND might add $4 to each hockey ticket. $4 X 9,000 X 20 = $720,000. Wow, I just paid for FCOA.

2 minutes ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

More guessing on your part or has anyone from the NDSU Athletic Department actually said they were going to do that? Guessing doesn't count. If they did I could say that UND might add $4 to each hockey ticket. $4 X 9,000 X 20 = $720,000. Wow, I just paid for FCOA.

Im good with that.

5 minutes ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

Wow, can we do that every year?!:ohmy:

2 hours ago, bison73 said:

Im good with that.

But you seem to have a problem with another guess that NDSU trying to grab another $1.5 million from student fees might also be used to cover FCOA. That guess has at least as much validity since NDSU has announced that they are interested in increasing fees, while no one has announced that NDSU is increasing football ticket prices.

4 minutes ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

But you seem to have a problem with another guess that NDSU trying to grab another $1.5 million from student fees might also be used to cover FCOA. That guess has at least as much validity since NDSU has announced that they are interested in increasing fees, while no one has announced that NDSU is increasing football ticket prices.

This tearing you up inside? Can't sleep at night?  You sound like a jealous little brother.

• Downvote 3

1 minute ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

Problem? No. As I dont think thats where it will go. You can guess differently as that fits your narrative.  As far as increased tickets prices Ive never been notified when they increased the prices. Plus I dont think they have ever made a public announcement. But IMO they could increase them 10-15 bucks and I would be fine with it as I think our tickets are pretty affordable.

What's strange is that there is no publicly known or logical reason travel costs would almost triple out of nowhere. Maybe they are going to soon need the extra money to fly their football team to conference games in places like Boone, Statesboro, Troy, Jonesboro, etc...?  :whistling:

13 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Who wouldn't be jealous of NDSU making their students pay more to support athletics to try and get on par with UND.

You mean on par with the student activity fees you charge? Hey thats what we are trying to do!!!!!!! Now you understand! :)

40 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

This tearing you up inside? Can't sleep at night?  You sound like a jealous little brother.

Another NDSU troll trying to take a shot at someone with a nonsense post. Guess you can't just argue your case based on the merits. And being a little brother would be a first for me since I've been the oldest brother my whole life.