SiouxSports.com Forum

President Kelley Announces Retirement.

Let'sGoHawks!

Will relieving DiLorenzo of his duties be on the 30-day plan, or is that a tenured position? 

No tenure, but I wouldn't be surprised if his contract requires at least a 1 year notice prior to dismissal (and thus a payout of 1 year's salary upon his dismissal).

and right back on the sanction list we go

But have you forgotten? Men's hockey wouldn't suffer all that much if we go back on the sanctions list, so it's "a small price to pay" to go back on it if it means getting the Fighting Sioux name and logo back. After all, none of the other programs matter anyway, right? (sarcasm) :silly:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This is great, let's flush everything Kelley at UND. We need a great visionary leader at UND, we've been lacking horribly in that category for years. 

I doubt if Ed will actually do much, just fill the shoes for a while.  Maybe I'm wrong and he'll eventually become the next president.  We might be able to see him accomplish some stuff, but I doubt it.

• Upvote 1

I doubt if Ed will actually do much, just fill the shoes for a while.  Maybe I'm wrong and he'll eventually become the next president.  We might be able to see him accomplish some stuff, but I doubt it.

Generally, interim positions are about keeping the train on the tracks and not making big changes or launching big initiatives.

I was referring to the non Kelley guy being named interim as the first step of flushing all things Kelley out of UND. Kelley just didn't seem to get it.  We need somebody who understands UND, Grand Forks, North Dakota and everywhere UND reaches. But mostly UND.

I was referring to the non Kelley guy being named interim as the first step of flushing all things Kelley out of UND. Kelley just didn't seem to get it.  We need somebody who understands UND, Grand Forks, North Dakota and everywhere UND reaches. But mostly UND.

yeah, Ed will likely get it better than Kelly did.  I always wondered if there was anyone that would have survived the nickname fiasco during their tenure and come out of it landing on their feet.  Clifford may have done it but the fiasco was in it's infancy back then and not ready to come to a head.

• Upvote 1

Schafer said his first priority will be getting to know the university community and figure out the root of morale issues on campus, knowing that being a good listener will be an important element in that process.

"Looking from afar, there seems to be a fracturing of the relationship between students and the administration," he said. "I'm a student guy. I want to get that back in shape real quick."

The only sad thing:

But Schafer said he doesn't intend to apply.

"Personally, I've appointed many, many interims throughout the years in many different positions, and I don't think you can be a proper interim if it's a stepping stone to try to get the job because it's like being a legislator trying to get re-elected," he said. "You're making decisions based on something in the future but not the project at hand. I just don't think that's a good idea."

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/3879849-shafer-serve-interim-president-und