SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. DU - 3:30 Gameday

AZSIOUX

They had me believing that we could win any and every game we played in, even the ones that we did not.

I've been enjoying this team's ride, but I have never felt that we were dominant and marching to the title...our record didn't align with the product I was watching...but it worked out and was fun...Zane gives us a chance.

This team lacks skill, we saw what happens when a team with less than average skill among playoff teams shows up with less than average playoff intensity and a less than average playoff power play...you lose two games and score a whopping goal per game.

I agree with you however I do believe this team has the skill. The system they play is a little chippy to me and they lose focus. This past weekend sure showed that. I felt that they gave a terrible effort against SCSu....besides the last 4-6 minutes. Against Denver....everything was wrong. We didn't have chance right from the drop of the puck. And to think, they were sitting guys. Pretty scary. They looked twice as good as we were.

The Mac loss hurts is big time. Miami is about to have the same feeling.

Passionless pathetic putrid.

I have no doubt that this team will show up and compete in Fargo. The team has struggled without Mac, however they did go into Miami and won a gritty game to clinch Penrose. No doubt that Zane is going to have to come up huge for this team to advance. They have to find a way to score 3 goals to win Friday's game. My guess is Gaarder's line will score a goal this Friday (hoping its OD).  What would be the best line combinations for the other 3 lines?

I have no doubt that this team will show up and compete in Fargo. The team has struggled without Mac, however they did go into Miami and won a gritty game to clinch Penrose. No doubt that Zane is going to have to come up huge for this team to advance. They have to find a way to score 3 goals to win Friday's game. My guess is Gaarder's line will score a goal this Friday (hoping its OD).  What would be the best line combinations for the other 3 lines?

I just hope to see the Caggiula-Schmaltz-Parks combo back together. The other 2 lines could be pretty interchangeable but I'd go with these lines Friday:

Caggiula-Schmaltz-Parks

OD-Gaarder-Pogo

Chyzk-Johnson-St.Clair

Pattyn-Simonson-Poolman

• Upvote 2

Hak is going to have his hands full this week. Instead of a fun week of preparation for the regional, he is going to have to go into full damage control mode to right the ship. Anybody remember where they parked the ship?

I think it may be smoldering somewhere nearby...

Back off the ledge - my opinion:

While you know the team doesn't have the psyche or tradition to mail it in if you are going to stumble now is the time.

This is a tournament for the fans - sucks to have to sit through two losses but in the big picture it has no impact on the future.

The biggest mistake made in any type of sports is basing future results on past performance - it's what seperates the winners from the losers in weekly football pools as well.

No injuries, as far as I've heard is the biggest win from this weekend.

It's all business now - as past history has shown seeding means nothing in this tournament.

Been a long time since I've been on this website, but I see the panic hasn't changed...lol

Great post above!

I watched a so called Sioux fan chew out these million dollar contracted players after they loss on Friday! He was hanging over the railing yelling, almost all of the players looked right at him! I was sitting right there, I felt sick witnessing it! Brought my young daughter for the first time, with that idiot and the woman behind us (which obviously has zero hockey knowledge) yelling "shoot it, Jesus Christ shoot the puck, you can't score if you don't shoot" or when Zane would stop a dump and chase behind the net she'd yell "Zane what the hell, stay in the net, what is wrong with you"! Felt like it wasn't the right place to bring my child! Something is wrong with that... These players don't owe us fans anything! They want to win more than we want them to win. I fell a majority of Sioux fans I sat around want them to win so they have verbal fighting ammo to other fan bases only! Not because they love this team! I guess I'm lucky to have the neighbors I do all season long at the REA, Go Sioux!

• Upvote 3

Back off the ledge - my opinion:

While you know the team doesn't have the psyche or tradition to mail it in if you are going to stumble now is the time.

This is a tournament for the fans - sucks to have to sit through two losses but in the big picture it has no impact on the future.

The biggest mistake made in any type of sports is basing future results on past performance - it's what seperates the winners from the losers in weekly football pools as well.

No injuries, as far as I've heard is the biggest win from this weekend.

It's all business now - as past history has shown seeding means nothing in this tournament.

that we know of yet...i can guarantee if/when this teams flames out again under hak that hadju already has the nicked up/broken/ bruised report (excuses that are unique to und and no other team has to deal with) that comes out 24 hours after finishing the year with another loss

I just hope to see the Caggiula-Schmaltz-Parks combo back together. The other 2 lines could be pretty interchangeable but I'd go with these lines Friday:

Caggiula-Schmaltz-Parks

OD-Gaarder-Pogo

Chyzk-Johnson-St.Clair

Pattyn-Simonson-Poolman

I like this grouping.

that we know of yet...i can guarantee if/when this teams flames out again under hak that hadju already has the nicked up/broken/ bruised report (excuses that are unique to und and no other team has to deal with) that comes out 24 hours after finishing the year with another loss

Why do you even waste your time, then? Seriously.

I just hope to see the Caggiula-Schmaltz-Parks combo back together. The other 2 lines could be pretty interchangeable but I'd go with these lines Friday:

Caggiula-Schmaltz-Parks

OD-Gaarder-Pogo

Chyzk-Johnson-St.Clair

Pattyn-Simonson-Poolman

I love that look

Caggiula-Schmaltz-Parks

OD-Gaarder-Pogo

Chyzk-Johnson-St.Clair

Pattyn-Simonson-Poolman

Simonson or Olson or Murphy.

I believe that Murphy played well enough yesterday to warrant another chance. IMO Olson has the higher end talent but Simonson brings an upgrade to the team at the face-off dot. The three all have strengths and weaknesses so I really see them as interchangeable at this time and really don't care who is in.

Bottom line they have to be better as a team in the defensive zone and need another line aside from 13-14-21 producing goals. If 8, 9, and 15 can't get going, I don't see this team making a very deep run.

Simonson or Olson or Murphy.

I believe that Murphy played well enough yesterday to warrant another chance. IMO Olson has the higher end talent but Simonson brings an upgrade to the team at the face-off dot. The three all have strengths and weaknesses so I really see them as interchangeable at this time and really don't care who is in.

Bottom line they have to be better as a team in the defensive zone and need another line aside from 13-14-21 producing goals. If 8, 9, and 15 can't get going, I don't see this team making a very deep run.

Murphy did play well enough IMO as well...he also brings an offensive upside (although we have yet to see it at the NCAA level)...it might be worth it for that upside to play him on the 4th line...

Caggiula-Schmaltz-Parks

OD-Gaarder-Pogo

Chyzk-Johnson-St.Clair

Pattyn-Simonson-Poolman

roll these lines and remember Hak you can change things on the fly, cut down to three lines if we have any passengers. The players need to remember that there are no ships to go back to.

roll these lines and remember Hak you can change things on the fly, cut down to three lines if we have any passengers. The players need to remember that there are no ships to go back to.

Agreed. With all the TV timeouts, anyone not giving it 100% on every shift can have a seat. Stack the lines and move on.

That makes me sick to my stomach. It's one thing to come on here and say that crap but chastising college hockey players to their face is a new form of pathetic. Don't take out your deficiencies in life by chewing out 19 year olds.

My theory is that it's the result of some fans becoming "spoiled" fans...we have something great and some people start to take it for granted - they also forget that they are student-athletes. 

Hak is going to have his hands full this week. Instead of a fun week of preparation for the regional, he is going to have to go into full damage control mode to right the ship. Anybody remember where they parked the ship?

Burnt it, boss.

Murphy did play well enough IMO as well...he also brings an offensive upside (although we have yet to see it at the NCAA level)...it might be worth it for that upside to play him on the 4th line...

If Colton is healthy he has to play over Murphy and Olson. "Upside" like milk has an expiration date.