SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. DU - 3:30 Gameday

AZSIOUX

Least we got to see what Murphy can bring to the table...............

Um ......were you watching the game. He played very well for the first two periods (I left half way through the third however). Out of all the guys to bash you're picking him?

Um ......were you watching the game. He played very well for the first two periods (left half way through the third). Out of all the guys to bash you're picking him?

That post was more of a shot at Hak......kid hasn't played in months.

Yeah, and how far did the DOT line or Parise&Bucks get us? You honestly don't think they won't regroup for next week?

After the results this weekend, I think it's pretty damn fair to not have 100% confidence that they will.

After how they played, there should be some concern.

None the less, I'm going to be sitting in front of the TV and cheering this team on next weekend and hoping that they will bounce back. But I'm not going to pretend its all rainbows and sunshine.

Brad E. Schlossman ‏@SchlossmanGF 1m1 minute ago

Reading between the lines, UND will likely get Colten St. Clair back next weekend.

Found the replacement for Murphy.

Maybe I watched a different game today but I kinda thought Murphy was one of the lone stars for UND? I saw a lot of hustle from him and he had a nice slap shot on Jillett in the first period that he kicked out for a juicy rebound. I thought Murphy stood out more so than any of our other forwards.

Yeah, and how far did the DOT line or Parise&Bucks get us? You honestly don't think they won't regroup for next week?

What did you see this weekend that makes you so sure about UND regrouping for the ncaas? I would love to see them do it but the lack of effort is mind boggling at times.

After the results this weekend, I think it's pretty damn fair to not have 100% confidence that they will.

After how they played, there should be some concern.

None the less, I'm going to be sitting in front of the TV and cheering this team on next weekend and hoping that they will bounce back. But I'm not going to pretend its all rainbows and sunshine.

Nobody said it was all unicorns and cheeto fingers...They hadn't lost back to back games all year, they have to be better in Fargo.

What did you see this weekend that makes you so sure about UND regrouping for the ncaas? I would love to see them do it but the lack of effort is mind boggling at times.

Not sure about anything but I've seen how good this team can be...hoping we we see them again in Fargo.

They had me believing that we could win any and every game we played in, even the ones that we did not.

I've been enjoying this team's ride, but I have never felt that we were dominant and marching to the title...our record didn't align with the product I was watching...but it worked out and was fun...Zane gives us a chance.  

This team lacks skill, we saw what happens when a team with less than average skill among playoff teams shows up with less than average playoff intensity and a less than average playoff power play...you lose two games and score a whopping goal per game.

hopefully history isn't repeating itself. flashback 2009. und clinches the cup on fri night on the road, next night lose while giving up 2 shorthanded goals. same this season. then sweep the last place team with two uninspiring wins in the first round. same this season. lose on fri at conference championship tourney. same this season. in meaningless third place game go up 1-0 on wisconsin, badgers score 4 unanswered and win 4-1  this season, go up 1-0 in meaningless third place game, pioneers score 5 unanswered .   the debacle in manchester followed a week later.  final result still to be determined this season.

• Upvote 2

Murphy at least was giving a effort, which is better then some highly touted players we have. When will our coaching staff figure out that the dump snd chase especially on the PP just gives up possession. Come Hak time to change things up.

They were skating it in at the beginnng of the season, dont know what changed, maybe Hak felt they were getting set up to quickly and wasnt used to seeing that so had to go back to dump and chase, makes for very boring hockey!

I think it is set in stone that the way it will fall if michigan wins, they will be in fargo as the 4 seed.  could be outside chance bc ends up there as well.

I'll say Minnesota would be the 4 seed in Fargo and they will find a way to put Michigan in South Bend as the 4 seed.

Let me preface this by saying I'm a big fan of the program, including the coaches and players.  I also think it's possible they can win two games next weekend.

That said, just using my eyes and head, it looks like they have the fork stuck halfway in them already.  Teams should be parachuting into Fargo hoping to play them.  They went from, as Brad said, very hard to beat, to very hard to lose to.  I think the teams that got beat in the first round are in a much better situation, as they got a week to rest and get a bit surly.  This team looks heavy-legged and unfocused.  It's hard to see the focus returning in six days.

I think sometimes teams peak emotionally and can't get back to that level again.  I felt like it happened in the Michigan game that followed Holy Cross, when the Sioux were extremely dynamic and energized.  They didn't play quite that way again in either of the two games that followed.  I wondered if it happened during the emotional outdoor game in Omaha, which was such an unusual event.  And this year it might have happened in the wonderful effort against St. Cloud that featured the 3-on-5 PK that finished Mac's career.

Didn't Caggiula get crushed from behind recently (Miami?) and struggle to get off the ice?  I have to wonder if he is hurt, because for most of the season he was often one of the most noticeable players on the ice, and I haven't noticed him. 

I thought LaDue had a pedestrian first half plus this season.  I expected him to be the team's best all-around defenseman, and he wasn't.  This weekend I thought he was.  I don't know if he was dinged up, but he appears to be over it.

I liked Nick Schmaltz this weekend.  I thought Murphy got better as the game went along.  I'd go back to him.

If the team can rediscover backchecking, they have a shot, because they have a great goalie. 

The two positives from this weekend.  1)  It isn't next weekend.  (Although I understand it could well turn out the same.)  2) If they go down in flames, it won't be a dagger to the heart (for fans) like it would have been just a few weeks ago.  Let's face it, the dagger's already a few inches in, and one last push wouldn't be a shock.  It feels like it would be an upset for the Sioux to get through to Boston at this point.  But we can hope.