SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

He's the only one that appears to care that they're losing.

I'd say he crossed the line from caring and to making an ass out of himself.  Won't argue that he plays with some emotion, but that was an embarrassment.  Guessing he'll get a few game suspension, more so because he started pushing on one of the umpires.  Hope he just gets a fine, losing his bat is exactly what the Twins don't need right now.

Its the right move, hope it leads to good things. 

Hopefully they get Berrios and Sano up to AAA in a few weeks.

Agreed. Move had to be made since Hicks isn't a major league caliber center fielder and Buxton's stat line in AA shows* that he is ready move on. As long as Buxton is an above average fielder and not terrible hitter, he will be an upgrade on Hicks. May also allow Torii to move to DH where he should be.

*hopefully. You can never really know though. Some players are like Jackie Bradley Jr. and destroy minor league but can't handle major league and others never slow down like Trout.

I always had a feeling that the Twins would return to about a near .500 or below team. Dozier is a good second basemen. I think Mauer will start hitting better and be good enough for first. Torii would be really good as a DH this year. They have a great farm system and good looking future as long as they don't make desperation trades this year. Their underlying stats were showing that it was a decent amount luck leading to the record they had through May. They are still a year or more away in my opinion but they could be the next Royals or Pirates with patience.

And to continue, I don't expect Buxton to be an immediate star. Most players go through some growing pains. Bryce Harper did and look at him now. Xander Bogaerts had a very disappointing season last year but that is almost entirely due to expectations being too high. With a season under his belt, he is now a borderline all-star in his second major league season.

He's having a bad season but he still has the third best OBP on the team. Probably should be hitting 2 with 3, 4, and 5 being some order of Dozier, Hunter, and Plouffe. Hopefully Buxton can be decent enough to bat leadoff because everyone else on the team are hitters. As bad as Mauer has been this season, the Twins still have much bigger problems than him.

Love it! They're showing some life (albeit based on good pitching) just in time for me to see them against the Cubbies tonight and tomorrow. Go Twinkies!

My family and I were there tonight. Great game. Rosario is the real deal. Hughes was in a zone. Rizzo for the Cubs with 2 blasts. Cubs have a good future.

Friday night was definitely more enjoyable than Saturday afternoon for us.  Some very obnoxious Cubs fans afterward in downtown.  I finally turned to one guy and said, "Funny, but I don't remember hearing you last night?".  After that, we had a pretty good time stimulating the Msp economy...