SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

3 hours ago, NeutralObserver said:

You can't make moves until the other teams are ready, and with the two wild cards some teams are still in that race even if they don't have a chance at their division.

It also depends on what the other teams are asking for.  If they want both of the Twin's top minor league prospects, you have to wait for their price to come down. The deadline is what forces the sellers to accept something more reasonable for what they are trading away.

Somewhat true but a team like Toronto has sucked all year and they have a couple of very attractive pieces that could fill huge needs for the Twins in Stroman and Giles. I know you are gonna have to pay a good price for those guys but I'm alright with that. It also helps fill a need in the rotation for next year with 3/5 of the current rotation scheduled to be free agents. I just don't think the front office of the Twins has had a huge sense of urgency because of the big division lead which is disappointing to me when the things you need to upgrade have been very obvious for a long time. 

8 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I don't care how it looked, the fact they beat CC, which they rarely do, is a good thing.

Now find a way to get at least one more win.

Gibby... how about you go deep in a start for a change?

Thorpe deserves that win tonight.

Hopefully "Fenway Gibby" shows up tomorrow.

3 hours ago, siouxforcefans said:

Can't pick your division, and there are a couple of really bad teams in theirs.  Seriously, WTF is the deal in Detroit???

In the beginning of a major rebuild much like KC and Baltimore. They won’t be good for a little while.

Watch out for the White Soxs next year though, they will be ready to challenge for a playoff spot