SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

20 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Sure enough, they bounce back tonight.

Important date coming up on June 3rd:  That is when the pick compensation goes away for any team wanting to sign Kimbrel and Keuchel.  Be interesting to see how aggressive they go after either pitcher. 

Kimbrel was terrible in the playoffs last year for Boston...don't think teams haven't noticed.

14 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Kimbrel was terrible in the playoffs last year for Boston...don't think teams haven't noticed.

I always think its telling that a team like Boston or Houston wouldn't bother to give them more than a 1 year deal. If they feel like they had more tread on the tires, they would have opened up the bank a little more.

Both will go somewhere and I don't honestly think either one goes to Minnesota.  (which will then cause the "they are being cheap/they don't really want to win" comments to rear their ugly heads).  

8 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I always think its telling that a team like Boston or Houston wouldn't bother to give them more than a 1 year deal. If they feel like they had more tread on the tires, they would have opened up the bank a little more.

Both will go somewhere and I don't honestly think either one goes to Minnesota.  (which will then cause the "they are being cheap/they don't really want to win" comments to rear their ugly heads).  

I think the Twins can do better than both of these overpriced guys.

Took 3 of 4 from the Rays. Pretty good outcome especially after that shellacking in game 1 of the series.

Going to a couple of the Twins vs Royals games. Usually catch some games once or twice year but I’m actually a bit excited to be going to watch them in person this year with the way they’re playing.

Other than Rogers, who can be trusted out of the bullpen?  

Harper, Duffy, Magill, Morin, May......

It's a marathon, not a sprint, but if they get to the postseason they won't score ten runs a game.  It's got to get addressed.

I'd be up for sending Kepler to AAA for a wake up call.  

19 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Other than Rogers, who can be trusted out of the bullpen?  

Harper, Duffy, Magill, Morin, May......

It's a marathon, not a sprint, but if they get to the postseason they won't score ten runs a game.  It's got to get addressed.

I'd be up for sending Kepler to AAA for a wake up call.  

Good call idiot.  At least you broke him out of his slump. 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2019 at 12:23 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

Went 5-4 in that 9 game stretch against the Brewers, Rays, and Indians.

Not too shabby. 

If the bullpen holds against the Brewers and the Indians that record is 7-2.  Should have swept the Crew and they have to win the 2nd game in Cleveland with a 7-5 lead late.

What would it cost to get Liriano from Pittsburgh or Smith from the Giants?

• 2 weeks later...