SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

7 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

The next four are against Oakland, who has won like 15 of the last 17 and homered in their last 17 games.

Last year, the A’s tore up competition in the 2nd half after being a mediocre 1st half team

I can't find it anymore, but I read an article earlier this year that had said the A's are the only team with a better record against the Twins then the Yankees in the last 10-15 years. I think I'm remembering that correctly.

6 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I can't find it anymore, but I read an article earlier this year that had said the A's are the only team with a better record against the Twins then the Yankees in the last 10-15 years. I think I'm remembering that correctly.

That’s encouraging 

:0

32 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Still can't find the article so I'm not sure which years were used, but I was wrong. Since 2011 the A's are second among all A.L. teams in winning percentage vs the Twins. The Yankees have the highest winning percentage.

22 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Any pic of the game would be appreciated.

Sorry barn.  Didn’t see this until today or I would have

i would recommend this event (UND Twins game) Lots of (f) UND fans with our white hats

dr wynne and st Clair spoke at the pour house. St Clair said they were working on getting an UND football game at target field.

I was impressed with out interim president dr wynne, he even stopped at my table and chatted for a few minutes 

was nice to see d hastall also

we figured out the rail system from the mall of America. Once you do it you will love it

Adrianza has to make that play at first in the 9th with two outs.  Step up and make a play when your team needs it.  Yes it's hard hit, but your team needed you to make that play.

After tomorrow's loss its 2 games. 

11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Adrianza has to make that play at first in the 9th with two outs.  Step up and make a play when your team needs it.  Yes it's hard hit, but your team needed you to make that play.

After tomorrow's loss its 2 games. 

At the very least has to keep it in front of him and only give up the tying run and not the go ahead too. Rocco could've helped out too with the obvious intentional walk to Davis with 1st open to set up a better matchup. Also was screaming at the TV for him to pull back Rosario after the Schoop double. You knew Oakland was gonna intentional walk whoever came up to setup the double play so pull Rosario back and let him pinch hit for Garver with the bases loaded.

Hopefully the last couple nights give Falvey a little sense of urgency to start getting some of these moves done instead of waiting until the 31st to make moves.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

At the very least has to keep it in front of him and only give up the tying run and not the go ahead too. Rocco could've helped out too with the obvious intentional walk to Davis with 1st open to set up a better matchup. Also was screaming at the TV for him to pull back Rosario after the Schoop double. You knew Oakland was gonna intentional walk whoever came up to setup the double play so pull Rosario back and let him pinch hit for Garver with the bases loaded.

Hopefully the last couple nights give Falvey a little sense of urgency to start getting some of these moves done instead of waiting until the 31st to make moves.

You said it perfectly......walk Davis, pitching coach to the mound to let him get his breath, and then finish the game.

Hey Trevor....what's your best pitch?

Trevor May:  Fastball

THEN THROW THE BLEEPING FASTBALL.....

I understand you need offspeed, but when the chips are stacked you need your best pitch.  If you can touch 98 but have terrible breaking pitches why continue to overthrow terrible breaking pitches?

*Rant*

What an absolute dumpster fire.  What an absolute joke.  Terrible management, terrible work upstairs by the front office.  Twins fans are dying for a winner....begging for hope.  God, it's been years.....and we finally have hope and this is what happens.  One of the biggest let downs in sports history.  All could have been prevented if they made the moves early and kept their foot on the pedal of Cleveland, and held Rocco accountable for many....many question mark moves.  

Now any move of a prospect could be worthless because this team won't make the postseason.  

#loserville. 

32 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Stand by above comment.....

They have got to make a move.....goodness they have got to make a move. 

Huge to get the win today but no doubt they need help. A starter like Marcus Stroman and a couple of reliable bullpen arms are exactly what this team needs. I really don't understand why they didn't start making moves around the all star break but I guess that is the common theme throughout baseball that all the trades seem to come on the couple days around deadline day.

Last year the A’s had Treinen as their closer with under a 1.00 ERA, but now his wrist has been injured and his ERA is almost up to 5.0.

Hendricks has taken over the closer role and has near a 1.00 ERA, except today.  Treinen was a major contributor to the A’s run in the second half of last years,  but Hendricks’ relief has been a major reason that the A’s have made major gains in the least month.

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

Huge to get the win today but no doubt they need help. A starter like Marcus Stroman and a couple of reliable bullpen arms are exactly what this team needs. I really don't understand why they didn't start making moves around the all star break but I guess that is the common theme throughout baseball that all the trades seem to come on the couple days around deadline day.

While there are obvious sellers, there is the teams that go into the All-Star break in-limbo, in which a good or bad run could make the difference in buying or selling, as silly as it sounds.  

What will make this year interesting is the hard deadline for trades.  Once July 31st comes and goes, no more trades. 

The Twins will makes moves, they didn't clear out space on their 40 man for nothing.   It probably won't be until the end of the week before we see it.

On 7/19/2019 at 5:04 PM, SiouxFan100 said:

Sorry barn.  Didn’t see this until today or I would have

i would recommend this event (UND Twins game) Lots of (f) UND fans with our white hats

dr wynne and st Clair spoke at the pour house. St Clair said they were working on getting an UND football game at target field.

I was impressed with out interim president dr wynne, he even stopped at my table and chatted for a few minutes 

was nice to see d hastall also

we figured out the rail system from the mall of America. Once you do it you will love it

That's fine, my daughter was also at the same game, she sent me a couple pictures.
She works for Dr. Wynne at the Med School, thinks he's great. Sounds like you had a good time!!!

18 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

You can't make moves until the other teams are ready, and with the two wild cards some teams are still in that race even if they don't have a chance at their division.

It also depends on what the other teams are asking for.  If they want both of the Twin's top minor league prospects, you have to wait for their price to come down. The deadline is what forces the sellers to accept something more reasonable for what they are trading away.