SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

2 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Gibson gets a bailout from the worst ump in the league.

I really hope that this is the last year he is with the Twins*

*Now watch as he pitches like a pitcher who wants a new contract..... 

Same thing every year with him.....average starts....a handful of good ones and an ERA between 4 and 5.  

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Stroman is going to the Mets it seems.

I'm not making this up

Yeah it is hard to ever figure out what exactly the Mets are thinking.

Blue Jays didn't exactly get a lot back for him either. The Mets 4th and 6th prospects but neither are top 100 guys. Some reports on Twitter that the Twins had been talking plenty to Toronto but the Jays didn't circle back for teams final offers before taking the Mets deal.

3 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Just got sent to the Reds.

Huh?

They weren't going to be able to pay him after this year.  Not sure what Cincinnati gave up, but probably nothing of equal trade value.  Kluber must be close to coming back I'd guess. 

20 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

They weren't going to be able to pay him after this year.  Not sure what Cincinnati gave up, but probably nothing of equal trade value.  Kluber must be close to coming back I'd guess. 

Puig and one of their top prospects Taylor Trammel that will head to San Diego in the 3 team deal.

8 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Puig and one of their top prospects Taylor Trammel that will head to San Diego in the 3 team deal.

Franmil Reyes to Cleveland as well.  Two bats to the tribe, but Puig is a guy that teams can't wait to get rid of.

One more bullpen arm and it's almost lights out status.....

Houston is looking real tough after adding Grienke.

Yanks and Red Sox really didn't do anything.

Twins add another solid reliever in Dyson and he is signed for next year too. Really was hoping to add another starter that was signed through at least next year too but guess the price was too high. Gonna have to either sign/trade for starters in the off season though or decide to get new deals done with Gibson, Odorizzi, and Pineda becuase they definitely don't have 3 guys coming in the minors that are gonna be ready to start next season.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/baseball/4047757-Twins-acquire-relief-pitcher-Dyson-from-Giants

The Twins acquired right-hander Sam Dyson from San Francisco for outfield prospect Jaylin Davis, a source told the Pioneer Press, and minor league pitchers Kai-Wei Teng and Prelander Berroa.

Dyson, 31, is 4-1 with a 2.47 earned-run average in 49 appearances....

10 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Houston is looking real tough after adding Grienke.

Yanks and Red Sox really didn't do anything.

Twins add another solid reliever in Dyson and he is signed for next year too. Really was hoping to add another starter that was signed through at least next year too but guess the price was too high. Gonna have to either sign/trade for starters in the off season though or decide to get new deals done with Gibson, Odorizzi, and Pineda becuase they definitely don't have 3 guys coming in the minors that are gonna be ready to start next season.

Honestly, IMO, the Mets screwed the starting pitching market with the Stroman move. 

Outside of the big ones, what would have been an upgrade?  

With that said.  The Twins did upgrade their bullpen.  If Thorpe can pitch like he has, you have a solid back end that you can mix and match. But people are melting down that they didn't do enough because Houston got Grienke, who had a no-trade clause that included the Twins. 

I'm stunned that New York or Boston didn't do a thing to help themselves. 

It depends on if they pick up the option on Perez but, I honestly think they trade/sign one starter, sign one of those three and tell Thorpe/Smeltzer that "the 5th spot is open, go complete for it"  Right now I'd resign Pineda and let the other two walk. 

6 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Honestly, IMO, the Mets screwed the starting pitching market with the Stroman move. 

Outside of the big ones, what would have been an upgrade?  

With that said.  The Twins did upgrade their bullpen.  If Thorpe can pitch like he has, you have a solid back end that you can mix and match. But people are melting down that they didn't do enough because Houston got Grienke, who had a no-trade clause that included the Twins. 

I'm stunned that New York or Boston didn't do a thing to help themselves. 

It depends on if they pick up the option on Perez but, I honestly think they trade/sign one starter, sign one of those three and tell Thorpe/Smeltzer that "the 5th spot is open, go complete for it"  Right now I'd resign Pineda and let the other two walk. 

I wanted Stroman bad and Syndegard would've been an upgrade but the price was outrageous and not worth it. I would've maybe took a shot at Wheeler from the Mets but seeing a lot of the Mets asking prices it probably would've been too much there too. After Stroman was moved there really wasn't an upgrade that I wanted the Twins to make at starter. To me guys like Ray and Minor aren't an upgrade that is gonna help you win a playoff series they are more of what the Twins have in the rotation after Berrios.

I'm good with that kind of strategy for putting together the rotation this off season. I feel like you can leave one spot for Thorpe/Smeltzer/some other minor leauger to work themselves into but any more than 1 spot would be a mistake. 

A win is a win.  Ugly 9th, but Poppen is going down to make room for Dyson anyways.  

In the postseason you need three starters.  Berrios, Pineda.....boy it would have been nice to get Stroman.

I think they have innings 7-9 settled.  Duffy, Romo, Dyson, Rodgers.....and whatever lefty becomes the situational guy.  Getting it there is still a question mark at times with inconsistent Odorizzi, Perez, and Gibby.  

11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

A win is a win.  Ugly 9th, but Poppen is going down to make room for Dyson anyways.  

In the postseason you need three starters.  Berrios, Pineda.....boy it would have been nice to get Stroman.

I think they have innings 7-9 settled.  Duffy, Romo, Dyson, Rodgers.....and whatever lefty becomes the situational guy.  Getting it there is still a question mark at times with inconsistent Odorizzi, Perez, and Gibby.  

They might have to do it the way the Royals did it a few years back.  Can you get 5 innings from Odo or Gibby in a big spot and then turn it over to the pen to finish the job.  

I think the development of Thorpe and the consistency or Duffy and/or May is key.  If Thorpe and one of those two can step up, the pen might have enough to get it done. 

I don't understand Toronto's thinking...…