SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

29 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

It should be 2-2 but Cave misplayed two balls in CF.

Buxton needs to come back 

Sounds like he is close and could be back tomorrow. Seems like the Twins always give the guy they are sending down 1 more game before he heads to Rochester. I'd be completely fine if I never have to see Cave again. Rosario and Kepler can both play center better than Cave so next time they need an outfielder they should bring up Rooker. He'd definitely add more at the plate.

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

These are big starts for Perez and Gibson this weekend, I’d say both are pitching for their starting jobs in the short and long term.

Agreed.  Odorizzi too.  Pineda has been their best pitcher on the whole staff the last month.

Bats go silent and the lead likely down to one.  

I've been critical of the Twins over this stretch, but my God the Indians haven't played anyone other than the Twins this month.....playing 10 against the Royals and a four game homestand against the mighty Tigers.  Likely to go 13-1 in those 14.....throw in the Reds, Blue Jays....and I'm not as upset at the Twins.....

13 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Bats go silent and the lead likely down to one.  

I've been critical of the Twins over this stretch, but my God the Indians haven't played anyone other than the Twins this month.....playing 10 against the Royals and a four game homestand against the mighty Tigers.  Likely to go 13-1 in those 14.....throw in the Reds, Blue Jays....and I'm not as upset at the Twins.....

Schedules are about to flip, Indians have a lot of beasts in August and the Twins have a lot of bottom feeders...need to make hay this month.

45 minutes ago, jodcon said:

Schedules are about to flip, Indians have a lot of beasts in August and the Twins have a lot of bottom feeders...need to make hay this month.

The Twins need serious help in the bullpen if they want to remain in the hunt. 

12 minutes ago, Goon said:

The Twins need serious help in the bullpen if they want to remain in the hunt. 

I see they did trade for one decent arm the last couple days which will help but that Yankees series really exposed how bad both teams pitching has been past a few starters.