SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

3 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

A little lacking in clutch hitting and a little doing dumb things these days with our Twins 

This x3.  Terrible baserunning....terrible in the field.....horrible at bats in big moments....

The bullpen throws 11 innings tonight and gives up 2 runs to the Red Sox.  Hats off to them. 

Win tomorrow and that's four series wins in a row. 

1 hour ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Sano had a horrible day going 0-7 with 5 strikeouts.

I think Morris nailed it on the head last night with this struggles:  He is thinking so hard about hitting the change up that he is late on hitting those fastballs. He needs a mental reset

15 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I think Morris nailed it on the head last night with this struggles:  He is thinking so hard about hitting the change up that he is late on hitting those fastballs. He needs a mental reset

He's striking out 39% of the time. Nelson Cruz is second on the team at 29%. Hopefully he can get hot and improve his numbers, but he seems to be falling behind guys like Rosario, Kepler, Polanco, and Buxton.

Twins still leading the majors with 138 homers,  team record almost certain to be broken. 

I wonder if they'll try to trade for a closer from a non-contender, the late bullpen is the only weak spot right now?

4 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Twins need to keep Arraez in the show.  It's a treat to watch him hit, and he clearly has big league talent. Trade Schoop as part of a package for a relief pitcher.

Small sample size at the MLB level, but he certainly looks the part. He's a career .331 hitter in the minors and has walked 122 times and struck out 129 times with two additional IBB. He reminds me of when Polanco came up and was just to good not to keep on the team. Adding some pitching help seems to be the only thing this team needs right now.

15 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Small sample size at the MLB level, but he certainly looks the part. He's a career .331 hitter in the minors and has walked 122 times and struck out 129 times with two additional IBB. He reminds me of when Polanco came up and was just to good not to keep on the team. Adding some pitching help seems to be the only thing this team needs right now.

I just LOVE the guy's swing and think it will translate.  And hes only like 22.  I might be biased though...  just can't stand the hype and long leash people like Sano get, when they strike out like 40% of the time, strand runners on base, but can hit a few home runs.  

29 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I just LOVE the guy's swing and think it will translate.  And hes only like 22.  I might be biased though...  just can't stand the hype and long leash people like Sano get, when they strike out like 40% of the time, strand runners on base, but can hit a few home runs.  

He definitely is in the conversation to take over for 2nd once Schoop leaves next year (between him and Gordon unless they trade him).  I don't think they will trade Schoop to a rebuilding team (because why would they want a guy who is going to leave in 2 months anyways)

With Sano…  They are going to give him a long leash because they need to decide whether he is going to be part of this future or not.  Morris nailed his issue last night, he is sooo fixated on that breaking ball that he is missing pitches that he has killed in the past.   With La Tortuga back up, it might be a wise idea to give him a mental reset and hang out with Cruz in the batting cages for a few days.  This decision needs to be made because at some point, a roster crunch is coming (at least on the position player side) and decisions are going to be made starting next month.  

43 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I love what he's done as well, I just try not to get to excited about rookies. It seems to take even top level guys a few years to fully develop their game after opposing teams get some time to scout them out and find weaknesses in their game. If he follows a guy like Polanco's trajectory I'd be thrilled. In my book he has definitely earned the chance to stay up in the majors and play until he proves he can't.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

He definitely is in the conversation to take over for 2nd once Schoop leaves next year (between him and Gordon unless they trade him).  I don't think they will trade Schoop to a rebuilding team (because why would they want a guy who is going to leave in 2 months anyways)

With Sano…  They are going to give him a long leash because they need to decide whether he is going to be part of this future or not.  Morris nailed his issue last night, he is sooo fixated on that breaking ball that he is missing pitches that he has killed in the past.   With La Tortuga back up, it might be a wise idea to give him a mental reset and hang out with Cruz in the batting cages for a few days.  This decision needs to be made because at some point, a roster crunch is coming (at least on the position player side) and decisions are going to be made starting next month.  

Maybe we could trade Schoop to another contender with an abundance of pitching. Preferably a N.L. team.

On 6/20/2019 at 9:40 AM, nodak651 said:

Twins need to keep Arraez in the show.  It's a treat to watch him hit, and he clearly has big league talent. Trade Schoop as part of a package for a relief pitcher.

Arraez with the single in the 10th that led to the game winning run on a C.J. Cron single