SiouxSports.com Forum

EARLY Departures 2015

AZSIOUX

Just wonder how many titles we would have won if the stars would have stayed longer

"The stars" are kids we were fortunate to have wear Sioux colors.  Some of them stayed for one or two more years than they could have despite having people in their ear telling them that their life-long dream would could true if they would leave for the next level.   

And how many Gaarders and Generals left high school and the buddies they grew up playing with so they could play at the next level instead of helping their home high school win a championship?   

And why would it matter if "the stars" leave early, when we will replace them with the grinders you want to fill the roster with anyway?

It is so great to have all those guys back next year.  With LaDue, Stecher, Thompson and Poolman all staying we will have a formidable defense to say the least.  As lucky as we were this year, all four underclassmen could potentially leave after this coming year, so could be pretty green the following year. Can you imagine if Schmaltz would have stayed?  Would even be less experience the following year.  The expectation is that Ausmus would stay through his Senior year, but he has a game that a lot of teams would love to have as well.  Guess we just need to enjoy what we have next year and can make a run and possibly finish it with some hardware.  That would make some of the probable losses easier to deal with.  

How long do we expect Boeser to be at school? 2 years?

I'd say it's fair to say two years for a potential Top 10 pick wouldn't be terrible.

It is so great to have all those guys back next year.  With LaDue, Stecher, Thompson and Poolman all staying we will have a formidable defense to say the least.  As lucky as we were this year, all four underclassmen could potentially leave after this coming year, so could be pretty green the following year. Can you imagine if Schmaltz would have stayed?  Would even be less experience the following year.  The expectation is that Ausmus would stay through his Senior year, but he has a game that a lot of teams would love to have as well.  Guess we just need to enjoy what we have next year and can make a run and possibly finish it with some hardware.  That would make some of the probable losses easier to deal with.  

I wouldn't be surprised to see all of our guys come back next year. They all seem to have a good head on their shoulders and love the program. Dunc had a bunch of FA offers from the NHL after his Hobey year and stayed four. I feel the same will happen with Stecher, Thompson, Pooly, Gage... LaDue could very well go. He's just really, really, really good.

Boeser isn't a top 10 pick. Should fall between 20 and 35. But yes, 2 years max.

I tend to agree but he has been ranked in top 10 by quite a few draft analyzers.

We shall find out soon enough I guess, but I hope for at least 2 yrs on campus.

I tend to agree but he has been ranked in top 10 by quite a few draft analyzers.

We shall find out soon enough I guess, but I hope for at least 2 yrs on campus.

The only person having him top ten (that I have seen) is Button.  Recently, I have actually seen him outside the top 32 more often than not 

Most mock have boeser 15-35. Button loves his potential obviously and all it takes is one team to see it that way as well. Tomek could be the highest drafted UND goalie ever unless im spacing on someone.

I feel like CS generally has a good grasp on this stuff. So, 28 it is. Regardless, I guess I don't see him staying here more than two years. I'd love to see it.

Many variables to that. 2.5 would be the over/under for sure. 4 guys coming in that can put the puck in the net. All 4 may be playing nice minutes