SiouxSports.com Forum

EARLY Departures 2015

AZSIOUX

You can get rid of that maybe. Tucker Poolman will be playing D next year even if all underclass D return and he will be very good at that.

If Schmaltz, Stecher and LaDue all returned, I think Poolman is more likely to play forward.  They'll give one of the freshmen D some playing time for sure.

I even think that on the crazy chance LaDue and Stecher return, but not Schmaltz, that Poolman sees some time at forward.  He was pretty solid in that position as the year went on, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Hak go with LaDue, Stecher, Thompson and Ausmus, with two freshmen D mixed in, at least early on to see what they have.

with ya on this

Buccigross represents college hockey(unfortunately) so the way he presents himself/announces is the face of college hockey as a whole.  If I've never watched a college hockey game in my life and turn Buccigross I'm not going to continue to watch because he literally hurts my ears to listen to. 

Also, his and Melrose's knowledge is limited on players names, background etc. so it makes it look as though they don't put a whole lot of priority/effort into calling these games. It almost feels like it's an afterthought to them.  I will give Buccigross the slight edge over Melrose bc he knows enough to be dangerous but he does not call play-by-play for a living so getting his feet wet a few times a year doesn't qualify him to call the biggest games of the year.

That's not acceptable to me as a person who wants to see college hockey grow as opposed to the alternative. Then of course you have his "Bucci-isms" like saucy paws, thin mints, mayor of dangle city etc. but that's a story for another post. 

I understand he's trying but he's better served on twitter.  But Buccigross is what people hear when they turn ESPN on for the most widely shown game in the college hockey year.

Just stating opinion, you're not required to agree with it so telling people they have to "calm down" isn't a solution to me.

I'll quit derailing this Early Departures thread as this has absolutely nothing to do with it, so this will be last post on this topic here.

Buccigross represents college hockey(unfortunately) so the way he presents himself/announces is the face of college hockey as a whole. If I've never watched a college hockey game in my life and turn Buccigross I'm not going to continue to watch because he literally hurts my ears to listen to.

Also, his and Melrose's knowledge is limited on players names, background etc. so it makes it look as though they don't put a whole lot of priority/effort into calling these games. It almost feels like it's an afterthought to them. I will give Buccigross the slight edge over Melrose bc he knows enough to be dangerous but he does not call play-by-play for a living so getting his feet wet a few times a year doesn't qualify him to call the biggest games of the year.

That's not acceptable to me as a person who wants to see college hockey grow as opposed to the alternative. Then of course you have his "Bucci-isms" like saucy paws, thin mints, mayor of dangle city etc. but that's a story for another post.

I understand he's trying but he's better served on twitter. But Buccigross is what people hear when they turn ESPN on for the most widely shown game in the college hockey year.

Just stating opinion, you're not required to agree with it so telling people they have to "calm down" isn't a solution to me.

I'll quit derailing this Early Departures thread as this has absolutely nothing to do with it, so this will be last post on this topic here.

Ok, just because you said so ;)

• Upvote 1

I understand he's trying but he's better served on twitter.  But Buccigross is what people hear when they turn ESPN on for the most widely shown game in the college hockey year.

Still better than this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8v8C3scwvg

Or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svVzwxsGBmM

We all have our opinions about who we like and that's fine.  If you don't like Bucci that's fine but it could be A LOT worse.  Either way he isn't going anywhere and for the sake of our team we should all hope we have him calling several of our games down the road.

Now back to not talking about hockey announcers.

Buccigross represents college hockey(unfortunately) so the way he presents himself/announces is the face of college hockey as a whole.  If I've never watched a college hockey game in my life and turn Buccigross I'm not going to continue to watch because he literally hurts my ears to listen to. 

Also, his and Melrose's knowledge is limited on players names, background etc. so it makes it look as though they don't put a whole lot of priority/effort into calling these games. It almost feels like it's an afterthought to them.  I will give Buccigross the slight edge over Melrose bc he knows enough to be dangerous but he does not call play-by-play for a living so getting his feet wet a few times a year doesn't qualify him to call the biggest games of the year.

That's not acceptable to me as a person who wants to see college hockey grow as opposed to the alternative. Then of course you have his "Bucci-isms" like saucy paws, thin mints, mayor of dangle city etc. but that's a story for another post. 

I'll meet you in the middle.  I wouldn't tell you that you need to "calm down" on this topic.  I just think it's blown out of proportion.  I fully expected to get frustrated with Melrose but they just didn't bother me like they did many others.   I thought they got excited when BU got the puck and the next time down the ice I thought they got excited when Murphy got the puck.  Maybe a little over the top, and maybe they mispronouced Caggiula's name, but I thought they were complimentary, called out if there was a missed call that benefited either team, etc.

I'd have preferred Matvick or Starman, but I just didn't think it was horrible. 

Of course, I remember the regional way back when when we had Gary Thorne and no one quite measures up to that.

I'll meet you in the middle. I wouldn't tell you that you need to "calm down" on this topic. I just think it's blown out of proportion. I fully expected to get frustrated with Melrose but they just didn't bother me like they did many others. I thought they got excited when BU got the puck and the next time down the ice I thought they got excited when Murphy got the puck. Maybe a little over the top, and maybe they mispronouced Caggiula's name, but I thought they were complimentary, called out if there was a missed call that benefited either team, etc.

I'd have preferred Matvick or Starman, but I just didn't think it was horrible.

Of course, I remember the regional way back when when we had Gary Thorne and no one quite measures up to that.

Thorne calls Os baseball games. I just sit and listen to the guy. Truly the top of his craft.

Here's the article for those that haven't seen it:

http://mayorsmanor.com/2015/04/blake-on-trip-to-north-dakota-waiting-on-ladues-decision/

From both that article and what was said on the Coaches Show, it sounds like most of the players decisions were expected within the next 1-2 weeks.

So I don't think we'll be waiting around too much longer to see what Schmaltz, LaDue, Stecher, Cags, and Zane are going to do.

Here's the article for those that haven't seen it:

http://mayorsmanor.com/2015/04/blake-on-trip-to-north-dakota-waiting-on-ladues-decision/

From both that article and what was said on the Coaches Show, it sounds like most of the players decisions were expected within the next 1-2 weeks.

So I don't think we'll be waiting around too much longer to see what Schmaltz, LaDue, Stecher, Cags, and Zane are going to do.

My guess now is we go 2 for 5 here.