SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU Gameyear Thread

geaux_sioux

Are you another one of those kool aid drinking bisonville members ?

Just because one article states that They think it will happen doesn't mean it even has a small chance. The nation of college football will not even hear about the bison in the headlines this year because they have no fbs game. Keep dreaming man! The country cares about fbs teams.

If it did happen both teams would Need to be undefeated which means UNI would have to beat Iowa

Gee S>B put your jealousy on hold a minute.  We played Del. State on one of our GameDays so UNI with a loss is no big deal.  Our game with UM is the first game of the year and I imagine most college FB fans will be watching. 

Gee S>B put your jealousy on hold a minute.  We played Del. State on one of our GameDays so UNI with a loss is no big deal.  Our game with UM is the first game of the year and I imagine most college FB fans will be watching. 

I think that would've made for a great Gameday atmosphere. 

I imagine most college FB fans will be watching. 

Calm down the hyperbole a little bit Dan.  Most college FB fans?  Yes, you are imagining.  If you're right (hint: you aren't), I guess that means the ratings should be comparable to the major bowl games then, since those are games that most college FB watch?  If the ratings from last year's FCS kickoff game are any indication, you couldn't be more wrong if you tried.  Hopefully they don't spend the whole game talking about the P5 schools again.

Oh really?  Somehow a prediction from a USC rube who writes for SB Nation four plus months in advance means something?  I'd argue with his idea that there aren't any big games that week when Oklahoma and Texas play along with Miami/FSU, Wisconsin/Nebraska, Arkansas/Alabama or Georgia/Tennessee among others.  He also thought that Baylor played in Baylor, Texas before fixing it.

NDSU v UNI is a much more intriguing matchup nationally!!  :)  If I had to predict for that week, I would say that the GameDay crew will be in Lincoln that week.

I wouldn't write off a return trip to Fargo cause it looks good on TV and the city treats the Gameday crew really good.  One thing I'll give FU fans credit for is they find something on the internet and run with it as gospel. 

My prediction for that week is Fort Worth, TX for Kansas St. vs. TCU. only because I'm predicting they will be in SEC country the week before at the Alabama vs. Georgia game.  This guy should have wrote that the PAC12 has off that week, there are some good college football games Week 6. 

• Upvote 1

Sorry to interupt this entertaining thread but this post confused me.  I'm assuming UM is Montana?  And you seriously believe "most college fb fans will be watching?"  

Sorry to interupt this entertaining thread but this post confused me.  I'm assuming UM is Montana?  And you seriously believe "most college fb fans will be watching?"  

Pretty much the entire football watching country, yes.  I fully expect 20-30 million viewers for that opening game.

Sincerely,

Jeremy Jorgenson

• Upvote 1

Anyone not watching isn't a real college fb fan.

Everyone in LA, Miami, Tuscaloosa, Columbus, Eugene, Ft. Worth, Madison, Minneapolis, Lincoln will put aside their FBS teams and watch 2 teams from the FCS duke it out from Missoula.  :silly:

Montana vs NDSU will be a really entertaining game. Looking forward to that one actually. My in-laws are huge Bison fans, so I tend to watch more Bison games than I otherwise would. I know alot of Bison fans are glad College Gameday appears to be set for the week against UNI, but gotta admit, the environment would have been epic if it had been against UND. Fargo has already had such a good showing for those events, that adding all of the visiting fans traveling from GF and the surrounding areas would have made a great environment even better.

Tailgating for that game will be fun, but gameday would be even more fun.

Montana vs NDSU will be a really entertaining game. Looking forward to that one actually. My in-laws are huge Bison fans, so I tend to watch more Bison games than I otherwise would. I know alot of Bison fans are glad College Gameday appears to be set for the week against UNI, but gotta admit, the environment would have been epic if it had been against UND. Fargo has already had such a good showing for those events, that adding all of the visiting fans traveling from GF and the surrounding areas would have made a great environment even better.

Tailgating for that game will be fun, but gameday would be even more fun.

The thing is... it isn't set for that game.  One guy on the internet suggested Gameday would go there and Bison fans have preached it like gospel.  The Forum even wrote an article hyping up the one guys article.

The thing is... it isn't set for that game.  One guy on the internet suggested Gameday would go there and Bison fans have preached it like gospel.  The Forum even wrote an article hyping up the one guys article.

Exactly, one blogger's guess is now apparently fact. Imagine if the news worked that way?

Wow, how hard is the forum up for actual journalists? I thought this was a joke until I went to inforum and there is an online story. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't SB Nation one of those sites where anyone can write an article and give their opinion? Any journalists who is using that to put in an actual paper is a little concerning, they are basically message boards with articles. It's literally just someones opinion, with no actual evidence of anything correct? If that is the case they could have looked at Sioux Sports and Bisonville and said "so and so poster on Sioux Sports is predicting the UND vs. NDSU game will be a gameday game." Not very professional in my opinion, but journalism is kind of going that way these days.

• Upvote 1

I'd be very surprised if Game day went to a FCS school 3 years in a row.

Not much left to talk about. I don't see it happening. No "NDSU just beat a FBS team again" talk this year.

But itd would be cool if it did.

I'd be very surprised if Game day went to a FCS school 3 years in a row.

Not much left to talk about. I don't see it happening. No "NDSU just beat a FBS team again" talk this year.

But itd would be cool if it did.

Honestly I didn't.... And I don't think many saw it coming again last year. Iowa State was a joke.

I legitimately think they came because, yes, NDSU beat another FBS team, and they had a great showing the original GameDay and nothing was going on that week.

The way I see it, NDSU is a great fallback option as long as NDSU is winning.... And the people show up to make a good atmosphere

Random question- My brother who is a NDSU fan wants to propose a bet with me on the upcoming game. Has anyone seen any predicted spread of this game? (or is it even out yet)

Thanks

Nothing out yet.  Doubtful you'll see anything ahead of time either. However, Massey's ratings shows the "Most Likely" score at 38-3.  No clue what his preseason stuff is based on, particularly for FCS.  I'd show him that and take the 35 points all the way to the bank.  FU fans are very vocal on how important computer rankings (Sagarin, Massey, etc) are when they are favorable to them, no reason they should trust them to help set a line.

http://www.masseyratings.com/game.php?s0=279541&t0=North+Dakota&h=-1&s1=279541&t1=North+Dakota+State

• Upvote 3

Nothing out yet.  Doubtful you'll see anything ahead of time either. However, Massey's ratings shows the "Most Likely" score at 38-3.  No clue what his preseason stuff is based on, particularly for FCS.  I'd show him that and take the 35 points all the way to the bank.  FU fans are very vocal on how important computer rankings (Sagarin, Massey, etc) are when they are favorable to them, no reason they should trust them to help set a line.

http://www.masseyratings.com/game.php?s0=279541&t0=North+Dakota&h=-1&s1=279541&t1=North+Dakota+State

Thanks, I think it will be closer than 38 - 3 but he was trying of offer me a 14 point spread and I told him I would look into it. Time to bring a new offer to the table!

Thanks, I think it will be closer than 38 - 3 but he was trying of offer me a 14 point spread and I told him I would look into it. Time to bring a new offer to the table!

I do too but at least it gives you a third party source to get all the points you can.

Massey ratings are not accurate til midway through the season. At the beginning of the year it just uses last seasons stats. So right now is the most accurate prediction of how the game would've played out last year.

I won't disagree but I believe there was a lot of chest thumping going on about how Massey's preseason strength of schedule came out.  If you're going to claim that as accurate, then no reason to not follow the same logic for the score prediction.

• Upvote 1

Honestly I didn't.... And I don't think many saw it coming again last year. Iowa State was a joke.

I legitimately think they came because, yes, NDSU beat another FBS team, and they had a great showing the original GameDay and nothing was going on that week.

The way I see it, NDSU is a great fallback option as long as NDSU is winning.... And the people show up to make a good atmosphere

I tend to agree. I think it helped to keep beating the FBS teams, but I think it had even more to do with the turnout they got the first time around. If NDSU does get it again, it would be really fun to have it be on UND NDSU weekend, just because the turnout would increase by even more which would be fun. BUT the stars would really have to align for that to happen.

Random question- My brother who is a NDSU fan wants to propose a bet with me on the upcoming game. Has anyone seen any predicted spread of this game? (or is it even out yet)

Thanks

Bisonswille has it probably at 80-0 for FU, I am predicting 14 points for the winner (hopefully UND) barring any major injuries in the Wyoming and Drake games I think UND can play them tough especially on defense, it's the offense that's queationable, but we will know more after the first 2 games where this team is headed.

Bisonswille has it probably at 80-0 for FU, I am predicting 14 points for the winner (hopefully UND) barring any major injuries in the Wyoming and Drake games I think UND can play them tough especially on defense, it's the offense that's queationable, but we will know more after the first 2 games where this team is headed.

House the opening kickoff, get 2 pick 6's, and return a  fumble for a TD and we will be fine!! :)