SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU Gameyear Thread

geaux_sioux

50 out of a metro population of over 200,000...that about covers the Bison viewpoint.

If you are going to use that as a rebuttal then you should not use a minority of Bison fans opinion on whether we wanted to play the game again or whether we moved on etc etc etc as one of your standard come backs.

Bison fans are bunch of scared girls. They know they won't be on top forever so they act tough as a false front. The state wants his game and has waited long enough to renew it. All you Bison doubters will realize who is your real rival. How long has bison football been relevant to the state of ND? 7 years? UND may not win this year but it is only a matter of time......

Read more into what?  Holding a press conference when it hasn't been done before?  Setting ticket prices higher than a rival/homecoming game?  Special shirts?  All of those things were done directly by NDSU.  And how has UND been hyping the game for years?  It just got scheduled in August.

UND fans aren't the ones spinning themselves dizzy trying to convince themselves and anyone within shouting distance that this game doesn't hold more meaning than a typical OOC game.

UND fans are the ones dizzying themselves trying to convince bison fans that they really are excited about this game.

• Downvote 1

UND fans are the ones dizzying themselves trying to convince bison fans that they really are excited about this game.

Your University is doing it for us.  Actually quite surprised at how much importance they have placed on the game, ya know, considering it was just a schedule filler.

There are many who are excited about this game. Please quit trying to suggest you represent the majority.

• Upvote 1

Your University is doing it for us.  Actually quite surprised at how much importance they have placed on the game, ya know, considering it was just a schedule filler.

I wouldn't call it important in as much as its an opportunity. If importance trips your trigger then go with it.

There are many who are excited about this game. Please quit trying to suggest you represent the majority.

I have no idea whether I represent the majority, or not. And I don't think that you really do either. I do know that those Bison fans I talk to are very divided on whether this game should have been scheduled in the first place and whether it should be continued.

I don't think we have to jump on Bison73, I do remember him previously saying that he felt there were many Bison fans who wanted the game and thought it would be a big, exciting game on the schedule.  He actually has rational thoughts from what I recall.  Now Nosidel, he is blind.  Although he did just say that people he talk to are divided, so that means some don't want it, but some definitely do.  Previously he seemed to always say NO NDSU fans want the game, the students done care.....etc. etc. etc.   Sounds like he is contrasting himself, now saying people are divided. By the various facts that we've already seen, it is obvious there is interest on the NDSU side.   Yes probably more interest on the UND side, I would agree.  I'd agree some NDSU students may not care about playing UND, but once the game comes around....that whole week people will be jacked up for the game.  It will be WAY different than the week before the UNI or SDSU game.  Nosidel will still never admit it even when it happens, it is a complete lost cause trying to talk rationally with him.

With the Nickle Trophy forever retired where it belongs it will be interesting to see if the non-interested FU students try another vandalism attempt on a UND building in conjunction with the game. (troll-bait I know but they are so easy to catch). 

Who wanted or needed the game so bad that they signed a contract for two home games for NDSU?  The trouble with you guys is your FB team is so irrelevant in FCS you just can't accept it.  I'd be excited too, to be playing the 4 time NC. 

Thanks for your interest/obsession with UND sports - the last time the two teams played it was in Grand Forks so going forward the first game would logically be in Fargo, after that it really doesn't prove anything that the next game is in Fargo since the series is re-starting - the third game in the series will either be in Grand Forks or in the playoffs. 

Are you really that insecure that you need to continually come here with your bison-swill? It really does show an inferiority complex. FU is a rival of UND but I have no interest in going to Bison-swill because I have so much more to do with my time. 

Who wanted or needed the game so bad that they signed a contract for two home games for NDSU?  The trouble with you guys is your FB team is so irrelevant in FCS you just can't accept it.  I'd be excited too, to be playing the 4 time NC. 

Yes Dan we have been irrelevant, we all know it, so get over it. We also know that our program is in the right hands and at least pointed in the right direction. Time will tell on how good or bad we will be but I think it scares you that we have a competent coach who is doing the right things.

You can stop trolling. Yes our team has been irrelevant, so should they continue being irrelevant? No you change things up; hire bubbe; recruit differently; schedule differently. There is not question UND has a ways to go, but they took a nice step in the right direction. Hopefully they take another step this year; but if you ever want to be the best, you have to play the best. Playing NDSU should really show the players what it takes to be at the top.

You can get off your pedestal about how much more important NDSU is than UND. The game may not be a big deal for you or even some others; but there are ALOT of people on both sides that have wanted this game back on the schedule for a long time. I know alot of Bison fans that are thrilled to see this game back, and are much happier to see UND over Incarnate Word.

Why are both games in Fargo? Because NDSU is dominant in the FCS right now and has the leverage to make that happen

Why would UND agree to that? because they are still good games to have on the schedule.

If you have such a problem with this game, then don't watch it and stop trolling.

• Upvote 1

Who wanted or needed the game so bad that they signed a contract for two home games for NDSU? The trouble with you guys is your FB team is so irrelevant in FCS you just can't accept it. I'd be excited too, to be playing the 4 time NC.

So did you piss and moan when UND hosted the Bison in 1992 and 1993? Every excuse GT used to not sign a home and home made him look bad, Bubba was a bigger man and got it done so when UND upsets the Bison at the Alerus Center South you will hear Bison fans cry to buyout the 2019 game and avoid UND by all means.

So did you piss and moan when UND hosted the Bison in 1992 and 1993? Every excuse GT used to not sign a home and home made him look bad, Bubba was a bigger man and got it done so when UND upsets the Bison at the Alerus Center South you will hear Bison fans cry to buyout the 2019 game and avoid UND by all means.

This would be epic!  But I'll just expect a good game, and be happy. Then look forward to a meeting in the playoffs before another game at Fargo.

I don't think we have to jump on Bison73, I do remember him previously saying that he felt there were many Bison fans who wanted the game and thought it would be a big, exciting game on the schedule.  He actually has rational thoughts from what I recall.  Now Nosidel, he is blind.  Although he did just say that people he talk to are divided, so that means some don't want it, but some definitely do.  Previously he seemed to always say NO NDSU fans want the game, the students done care.....etc. etc. etc.   Sounds like he is contrasting himself, now saying people are divided. By the various facts that we've already seen, it is obvious there is interest on the NDSU side.   Yes probably more interest on the UND side, I would agree.  I'd agree some NDSU students may not care about playing UND, but once the game comes around....that whole week people will be jacked up for the game.  It will be WAY different than the week before the UNI or SDSU game.  Nosidel will still never admit it even when it happens, it is a complete lost cause trying to talk rationally with him.

Of course, some Bison fans wanted this game and will be excited about the game. I have never contended otherwise.

What I have said is that there are a significant number of Bison fans who did not want this game and have mixed feelings about the game itself. They certainly want NDSU to win, but they always want that no matter who NDSU might play. Likewise, they certainly will attend the game, but they would also have attended whatever other game might have been on the schedule. And I do still contend that any increase in interest in this game, or at least most of it, will be due to the proximity of a large number of UND fans to the Fargo area, and not to any great surge in interest in NDSU football on the part of Bison fans. As I've Said before, NDSU didn't need this game to create interest in their football program. That interest was there, and would still be there, with or without UND on the schedule.

You're free to disagree.

Bison fans are bunch of scared girls. They know they won't be on top forever so they act tough as a false front. The state wants his game and has waited long enough to renew it. All you Bison doubters will realize who is your real rival. How long has bison football been relevant to the state of ND? 7 years? UND may not win this year but it is only a matter of time......

You do realize that after this game, they play again 4 years later, right?   It's not like the teams are going to be playing every year.    If you've been paying attention, there hasn't been a lot of enthusiasm for the other sports who have played in recent years.  IMO, the basketball games have been less than enthusiastic.  

So . . . I don't expect a 4 quarter game on this one in 2015, and the atmosphere might disappoint those of you who are expecting a UNI, SDSU type of barnburner game.  We'll see I guess.   Bubba and Lennon didn't get it done at SIU and 2014 was  losing season, so I don't have much faith that Sweigert is a miracle worker. 

You do realize that after this game, they play again 4 years later, right? It's not like the teams are going to be playing every year. If you've been paying attention, there hasn't been a lot of enthusiasm for the other sports who have played in recent years. IMO, the basketball games have been less than enthusiastic.

So . . . I don't expect a 4 quarter game on this one in 2015, and the atmosphere might disappoint those of you who are expecting a UNI, SDSU type of barnburner game. We'll see I guess. Bubba and Lennon didn't get it done at SIU and 2014 was losing season, so I don't have much faith that Sweigert is a miracle worker.

Basketball games have been boring. First one in Fargo was neat for about 10 minutes. Fans come in with these expectations and it doesn't live up to it.

Basketball games have been boring. First one in Fargo was neat for about 10 minutes. Fans come in with these expectations and it doesn't live up to it.

Doesn't mean football won't be different. Different sport, different environment. I'll keep my hopes up until I see otherwise.

It's very likely that this year's football game will follow that same script.

Doesn't mean football won't be different. Different sport, different environment. I'll keep my hopes up until I see otherwise.

It means the games played between the schools have been lame. I have little reason to think football is going to be otherwise.

Of course, some Bison fans wanted this game and will be excited about the game. I have never contended otherwise.

What I have said is that there are a significant number of Bison fans who did not want this game and have mixed feelings about the game itself. They certainly want NDSU to win, but they always want that no matter who NDSU might play. Likewise, they certainly will attend the game, but they would also have attended whatever other game might have been on the schedule. And I do still contend that any increase in interest in this game, or at least most of it, will be due to the proximity of a large number of UND fans to the Fargo area, and not to any great surge in interest in NDSU football on the part of Bison fans. As I've Said before, NDSU didn't need this game to create interest in their football program. That interest was there, and would still be there, with or without UND on the schedule.

You're free to disagree.

But would FU still put the price increase in place for whatever other game might have been on the schedule and would the fans pay it? 

FU football right now is similar to UND hockey that on gameday, I can ask around work and find a ticket if I want to go.  RIght now, I ask around work for ticket to the UND game and my coworkers laugh at me.  Nobody is giving that ticket or any season ticket up and are not missing that game. 

I can honestly say I don't give a !@#$ what everyone else says about this game. It's going to be a great time and I wish it was played every year. I have had season tickets at Fargodome for the last 10 years and have been waiting for this game. Don't give a damn about all the BS about non-conference and other crap people are spewing. It's good for the state and good for me and my group.

All that being said I will have 2 tickets available for this game. North endzone, 4th row from the field. I will probably put them on craigslist some time next month, when my travel plans are in stone.

It has been an intense rivalry, in part, because both schools have gone through cycles of dominance over the other.  And, there have been upsets that have temporarily derailed the dominance.

One difference is that football is NDSU's flagship program nationally, while hockey is UND's.  It doesn't mean that each school can't find success in other sports.  

Add the proximity of the two schools and you have the perfect mixture for a great rivalry.  Too bad we're not in the same conference, like in the NCC days.

It means the games played between the schools have been lame. I have little reason to think football is going to be otherwise.

Football has always had a little something extra to it. That's why it'll be different. There's a certain history that only exists between the football programs.