13-5-2-0 nchc

UND STATS

http://www.uscho.com/stats/team/north-dakota/mens-hockey/2014-2015/

SCSU(14th pairwise)

15-14-1

10-9-1-0 nchc

SCSU STATS

http://www.uscho.com/stats/team/st-cloud-state/mens-hockey/2014-2015/

This SCSU team had our number for the last couple of years.  I attribute that to the guy in between the pipes though.  Faragher was our nemesis and now they have a different goalie.  Yes we split with them down there.  My wife and I were at the Friday night game down there and it was a good game.  Poganski is prime for a break out game again.  The team needs to keep Brodzinski under control for beginners.   

Anything less than a sweep is... Goon help me out here....

Actually SCSU is a tough matchup for us. Anything more than 3 points is a bonus. I actually feel better about 2 in Miami than 2 at home vs. SCSU.

Unacceptable? 

Full Definition of UNACCEPTABLE
:  not acceptable :  not pleasing or welcome
  • Upvote 1

Husky bandwagon is filling up again. We're probably a bit more optimistic than we should be, but there are some good reasons for that. The first is that they only need to play .500 hockey from this point forward to make the NCAA tourney. That will be difficult, but doable. The second reason is that the Huskies swept an Omaha team that hasn't been swept all season. The third reason is that the Huskies have scored 34 goals in their last 8 games (4.25 average). Although, a bunch of those were against the hapless CC Tigers. The fourth is that the Huskies have only given up 13 goals in that same span (1.63 GAA) including two shutouts. And finally, the truth is that even a sweep on the road at UND doesn't entirely knock the Huskies out of contention. In fact, even just one tie score post OT would likely keep them inside the bubble.

All that being said, I think the Huskies will likely get swept in two close games. They'll score first then give up the lead on Friday. They'll fall behind then come up just short on Saturday. I think this because I don't feel the Huskies respond well to success. After two consecutive Saturday night wins, the Huskies have blown leads on both of the following Friday night games. They managed to wrestle a lead back from Omaha this past Friday, but I don't think that would be possible against UND. I hope they prove me wrong.

Husky bandwagon is filling up again. We're probably a bit more optimistic than we should be, but there are some good reasons for that. The first is that they only need to play .500 hockey from this point forward to make the NCAA tourney. That will be difficult, but doable. The second reason is that the Huskies swept an Omaha team that hasn't been swept all season. The third reason is that the Huskies have scored 34 goals in their last 8 games (4.25 average). Although, a bunch of those were against the hapless CC Tigers. The fourth is that the Huskies have only given up 13 goals in that same span (1.63 GAA) including two shutouts. And finally, the truth is that even a sweep on the road at UND doesn't entirely knock the Huskies out of contention. In fact, even just one tie score post OT would likely keep them inside the bubble.

All that being said, I think the Huskies will likely get swept in two close games. They'll score first then give up the lead on Friday. They'll fall behind then come up just short on Saturday. I think this because I don't feel the Huskies respond well to success. After two consecutive Saturday night wins, the Huskies have blown leads on both of the following Friday night games. They managed to wrestle a lead back from Omaha this past Friday, but I don't think that would be possible against UND. I hope they prove me wrong.

Sitting at 14th in the PWR and losing three of the last six games of the season would seem to me to keep you in the playoff hunt.  Obviously it depends on who you beat and lose to, though.

Hopefully Jim will come up with one of his fancy graphs to show where various teams might end up in the rankings depending on how many wins they get for the rest of the season.

Sitting at 14th in the PWR and losing three of the last six games of the season would seem to me to keep you in the playoff hunt.  Obviously it depends on who you beat and lose to, though.

Hopefully Jim will come up with one of his fancy graphs to show where various teams might end up in the rankings depending on how many wins they get for the rest of the season.

True, but just getting to the Target Center might not be enough. They could potentially go 2-3 in the NCHC playoffs if they lose the third place game. Their most likely road to the NCAA tourney would be a split this weekend, a split against DU, and going 1-2 on the road in the opening round of the NCHC tournament. That would put them at .500 on the season and just inside the bubble. I don't expect it to actually play out that way, but of ALL the potential scenarios, I see this as the most likely that gets them in.

My personal belief is that they don't get any points this weekend and the bandwagon will empty out but keep rolling very slowly towards DU and the NCHC playoffs. We'll see.

It would be great to have the huskies at the Final Five - (but not at the expense of the Sioux). SCSU fans can help rowdy it up. St. Cloud has done well in GF and UND knows it. 

It would be great to have the huskies at the Final Five - (but not at the expense of the Sioux).

No worry of that. CC is locked in 8th and WMU is virtually locked in 9th. UND has a nice margin of points between them and UNO/DU/UMD. SCSU will almost surely be on the road at Miami, UNO, DU, or UMD. I'm hoping its UMD so that St. Cloud can have a fair amount of fans in attendance.

No worry of that. CC is locked in 8th and WMU is virtually locked in 9th. UND has a nice margin of points between them and UNO/DU/UMD. SCSU will almost surely be on the road at Miami, UNO, DU, or UMD. I'm hoping its UMD so that St. Cloud can have a fair amount of fans in attendance.

I just meant I wasn't willing to give up any points this weekend to help you get there :)

Win or lose on Friday night, please join us for the UND/SCSU fan social from 3:00 until 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 28th at Muddy Rivers Bar and Grill (inside the Red Roof Inn TownHouse) in downtown Grand Forks. Muddy Rivers is smoke-free, and the event is free and open to the public (due to the venue, guests must be 21 years of age or older). A free appetizer bar will be available, everyone in attendance will have the opportunity to win door prizes, and a hockey bus will take fans to Ralph Engelstad Arena and back again after the game.

For more information about the event, please follow this link.

We're looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday. Bring a friend or six!

Dave