SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING SIOUX vs Niagara Saturday game day thread

Emerald joker

Another pretty solid game tonight. Guys seemed to overpass it a little bit at times tonight especially in the 1st looking for the perfect play. I don't know what the puck possession numbers were but it seemed like the puck was on a Sioux stick almost the entire game. Really solid defensive effort not giving up many good opportunities at all and good to see Zane get the shutout tonight.

Great weekend, after Niagara came out tonight with a strong push.  They just could not sustain it against a relentless UND this weekend.

One more time:  If the coaches were not going to start Cam Johnson tonight, then why the heck did the not get him in last night after UND was up 6-0?  Seems like an inexplicable coaching call to me.

One more time:  If the coaches were not going to start Cam Johnson tonight, then why the heck did the not get him in last night after UND was up 6-0?  Seems like an inexplicable coaching call to me.

If I were a coach, I think it would be hard to pull a goalie from a shutout game...especially a goalie who has had difficulty in closing out shutouts.

Maybe they could have put Johnson in after Zane allowed the one goal last night, that I could maybe see even if it would have only been for a few minutes.

If I were a coach, I think it would be hard to pull a goalie from a shutout game...especially a goalie who has had difficulty in closing out shutouts.

Maybe they could have put Johnson in after Zane allowed the one goal last night, that I could maybe see even if it would have only been for a few minutes.

Zane is this team's MVP and he needed to get this shutout. He's been playing his best the last two weeks. The shutout is good for him and for the team to rally around.

Great weekend, after Niagara came out tonight with a strong push.  They just could not sustain it against a relentless UND this weekend.

See the rage from know it all fans in the Friday Lake Superior thread for the answer to that. Hakstol can't win even when they are winning, can you imagine this board if they were playing like Minnesota? There are just as many irrational people on this board as GPL, if not more.

See the rage from know it all fans in the Friday Lake Superior thread for the answer to that. Hakstol can't win even when they are winning, can you imagine this board if they were playing like Minnesota? There are just as many irrational people on this board as GPL, if not more.

Like button!

when we get a new name, this domain will change from siouxsports to firethecoaches.com

Thompson and Panz looked really solid together again last night. If Murphy is going to continue to play is it to much to ask for him to at least not be on the PP! The top line has to stay in tact w Pooly there. He is a good fit w Mac and Parks. Chyzyk went down tunnel late in 2nd w a shoulder issue...but he is apparently OK after he ripped the purple helmet of the NU player following the 5 for CFB in the 3rd.

Yeah! INEXPLICABLE!! And I want, no, I DEMAND ANSWERS! G-Damnit!

So they survived the PWR trap this weekend.  The next risk from this weekend is the first period next weekend, when playing CC (even CC) will be like moving from the donkey path to the autobahn.  Going from an excess of time and space against a slow team, and having the puck all the time, to a team that will fight back.  It's happened three times already this year:  After Manitoba, Bemidji was hard to handle.  After Lake State, Denver.  After the U18s, Duluth.  You can prepare for it all you want intellectually, but until you get on the ice, you don't really believe it.