SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Niagara Purple Eagles

AZSIOUX

UND split at home vs Duluth while Niagara was swept @ Air Force. The Purple Eagles 3 wins came vs Bentley and two vs Army. They also tied RIT and Sacred Heart. Last non conference series of the season. Pairwise must wins...GO SIOUX

UND (6th pairwise as of Sunday am)

13-5-2

6-4-1-0

NIAGARA (59th pairwise/dead last)

3-14-2

3-10-2

Considering how tough the conference is this year, I think the schedule as a whole balances out alright. 

Agreed.  We just cannot even come close to losing against this team.  I would like to see Hak be aggresive and let his guys put up big numbers this coming weekend.  I don't want him "trying things" just because we are playing a weaker opponent.  These are the games our guys can fill the stat sheet, which is always fun.  I wouldn't mind seeing Cam play if we blow them out bad on Friday.

Agreed.  We just cannot even come close to losing against this team.  I would like to see Hak be aggresive and let his guys put up big numbers this coming weekend.  I don't want him "trying things" just because we are playing a weaker opponent.  These are the games our guys can fill the stat sheet, which is always fun.  I wouldn't mind seeing Cam play if we blow them out bad on Friday.

IMO I believe Murphy is getting more confident and playing much better now. I'm sure his goal scoring slump will end soon. With that said however I could think of a few players I would have on the PP ahead of him.

I think O'D was simply amazing this weekend. Video evidence to prove it. While UND isn't a bunch of saints, UMD is by far one of the dirtiest college hockey teams that I have seen this season. That being said, it was a fun series to watch and there's no way that next weekend's series against NU will be this good. Also, UND "should" take four-for-four over the next two weekends if they play like this did this weekend. 

Amazing how weak und's schedule is this year. This has to be the softest schedule they've had since the pairwise has been used.

The weakest schedule I recall is Zach Parise's freshman season.  Played Canisius 3 times, Brown, two against Niagara, one against BSU and one each against Princeton and Yale, when both sucked.  Only decent game was Michigan in an early season tournament.  In addition to the neutral ice tournament, the team played only 4 road games before January 10th, and two of those were the aforementioned Yale and Princeton games.  Probably the weakest schedule in UND history.

I think O'D was simply amazing this weekend. Video evidence to prove it. While UND isn't a bunch of saints, UMD is by far one of the dirtiest college hockey teams that I have seen this season. That being said, it was a fun series to watch and there's no way that next weekend's series against NU will be this good. Also, UND "should" take four-for-four over the next two weekends if they play like this did this weekend. 

Did you hear Starman call out the locals on their complaints with O'D?