SiouxSports.com Forum

What has changed at REA in 10 years?

Fedorov

It looks like I will be able to attend my first home game in 10 years.  I know some of the Sioux stuff has been removed, and now it sounds like it is harder to park than it used to be.  I was curious what else is different with the REA?  Do you like or dislike the changes?  Is it pretty much the same?  I hope it works out to get to a game...and to get tickets!

Happy New Year!

It looks like I will be able to attend my first home game in 10 years. I know some of the Sioux stuff has been removed, and now it sounds like it is harder to park than it used to be. I was curious what else is different with the REA? Do you like or dislike the changes? Is it pretty much the same? I hope it works out to get to a game...and to get tickets!

Happy New Year!

Atmosphere has changed a bit as students don't seem as engaged as they once were. I think it's more of a commentary on kids these days more than anything to do with the REA or hockey in general.

With all that being said, when it's a tight battle and the game is on the line, there's still no better place to watch a college hockey game.

Atmosphere has changed a bit as students don't seem as engaged as they once were. I think it's more of a commentary on kids these days more than anything to do with the REA or hockey in general.

With all that being said, when it's a tight battle and the game is on the line, there's still no better place to watch a college hockey game.

No students this weekend, still off. Back for Niagara

It looks like I will be able to attend my first home game in 10 years.  I know some of the Sioux stuff has been removed, and now it sounds like it is harder to park than it used to be.  I was curious what else is different with the REA?  Do you like or dislike the changes?  Is it pretty much the same?  I hope it works out to get to a game...and to get tickets!

Happy New Year!

Not sure parking was ever easy, but go to Speedway, take the bus. Much faster than parking and walking.

Changed in ten years,

New retired jersey on wall. #12 Casey

Red pepper

Tim Hortons

Did they have the bucket-o-nachos 10 yrs ago?....kinda like the bucket-o-nachos.

New locker room and team facilities.

Some new interactive display stuff in the great hall entry.

50/50 drawing...just hope the men's swim team isn't selling.....you'll see...

The flags around the lower concourse with sioux greats name an numbers on them.

The world and/or olympic display is updated....very cool.

I'm sure there's more....

Oh and yes

Yoga pants.......yoga pants everywhere...

• Upvote 1

Changed in ten years,

New retired jersey on wall. #12 Casey

Red pepper

Tim Hortons

Did they have the bucket-o-nachos 10 yrs ago?....kinda like the bucket-o-nachos.

New locker room and team facilities.

Some new interactive display stuff in the great hall entry.

50/50 drawing...just hope the men's swim team isn't selling.....you'll see...

The flags around the lower concourse with sioux greats name an numbers on them.

The world and/or olympic display is updated....very cool.

I'm sure there's more....

Oh and yes

Yoga pants.......yoga pants everywhere...

Went from tube tvs to flat screens throughout the councourse as well. Also, I believe the resolution of the jumbotron screen was improved but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Been a while since I've been there as well...tell me, do the ushers now make people wait to get back to their seats until a whistle stops play?

Big difference between watching a Final Five game at the X as opposed to the stand up-sit down-stand up-sit down routine at REA thanks to the guys to your left who can't go more than 45 seconds without having to jump around you for yet another beer run...

Been a while since I've been there as well...tell me, do the ushers now make people wait to get back to their seats until a whistle stops play?

Big difference between watching a Final Five game at the X as opposed to the stand up-sit down-stand up-sit down routine at REA thanks to the guys to your left who can't go more than 45 seconds without having to jump around you for yet another beer run...

Yes, ushers make people wait until the whistle to go back to their seats. I don't remember this not being the case so that must've a  few years back.

Had the ushers at the Final Five, a few years ago, tell us, "You Sioux fans are so well behaved - always just wait for the whistles instead of trying to push in and whining about waiting."  Our response, "We've been well trained at the Ralph."  Guess we just sit in a more disciplined section than you used to?

Now that I said that, what are the chances on Friday that I won't have new people to my right, and that they won't head out 12 times during the game? 

Since the REA added the Red Pepper, I have ate there more than I had the last 15 years. The Tostados are my favorite.

Last year my buddy and I had prime rib sandwiches at the Ralph before the game. I remember the line was long, but we had heard how good they were. What entity was in charge of those, I don't recall. They were excellent!

Last year my buddy and I had prime rib sandwiches at the Ralph before the game. I remember the line was long, but we had heard how good they were. What entity was in charge of those, I don't recall. They were excellent!

Are they still there? I might have to eat one of those.

Since the REA added the Red Pepper, I have ate there more than I had the last 15 years. The Tostados are my favorite.  

Alec J, the intern, is considering an intervention for you..........

WHAT? Back in my day, we would be starting classes today. Are ya kidding me? Do they get two weeks off for Spring Break and paid-for trips to Cancun these days now too?

We students are off but I can tell you there will be alot back for the game.  Saturday night is pretty much sold-out already.

A few more things...

The logo at center ice is different

The cooling coils under the main ice sheet have been replaced

The center hung scoreboard was replaced after a fire damaged the old one

The NHL team banners representing teams that have had UND players no longer hang in the main bowl, instead they have been moved to the concourse and in their spot a large blue banner with the words "You're in Sioux Country" is there, along with seals or coats of arms of the two ND Sioux tribes

The number 12 was retired long before the arena was built, but a banner was hung for Casey on Jan 7, 2011. Engelstad's number 23 was hung in 2002, I believe.

There have been more All-American pictures added to the concourse

There are more Conference Championship banners in the rafters

A banner has been hung on one end of the main bowl showing years that a Conference Tournament Championship has been won

The video board along Gateway Drive was replaced this summer

A few of the large player pictures around the concourse have changed

Seats from the Old Ralph were added along the sides of the hallway at the bottom of the stairs leading from the Olympic rink to the ice level of the main rink.

Commemorative jerseys and pictures have been added to the main bowl section entries for concert/performance acts that have been to The Ralph

No more goal judge booths.

A few more things...

The logo at center ice is different

The cooling coils under the main ice sheet have been replaced

The center hung scoreboard was replaced after a fire damaged the old one

The NHL team banners representing teams that have had UND players no longer hang in the main bowl, instead they have been moved to the concourse and in their spot a large blue banner with the words "You're in Sioux Country" is there, along with seals or coats of arms of the two ND Sioux tribes

The number 12 was retired long before the arena was built, but a banner was hung for Casey on Jan 7, 2011. Engelstad's number 23 was hung in 2002, I believe.

There have been more All-American pictures added to the concourse

There are more Conference Championship banners in the rafters

A banner has been hung on one end of the main bowl showing years that a Conference Tournament Championship has been won

The video board along Gateway Drive was replaced this summer

A few of the large player pictures around the concourse have changed

Seats from the Old Ralph were added along the sides of the hallway at the bottom of the stairs leading from the Olympic rink to the ice level of the main rink.

Commemorative jerseys and pictures have been added to the main bowl section entries for concert/performance acts that have been to The Ralph

No more goal judge booths.

Display of all the UND Olympians