SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. USA U18 - Jan 3rd

AZSIOUX

When the hammer talks about Gersich being called up, what team/program is he called from?

He just doesn't really know what is going on. Gersich is playing in USHL for Omaha this year, has a prior relationship with the USDT as he played with them last year. Called up wouldn't really be accurate, filling in would be the answer.

It sure would be nice if UND could land one of three in regards to Boseur, Mattherw or rmaybe persuade Thacktuk.

I had to listen to the first period on the radio before getting home to watch 2 and 3. Radio was talking about Tkachuk, saying he was trying to accelerate high school to be college eligible for next year and had to de-commit from Notre Dame, as they wouldn't accept him early.  Gave me the impression he'd need someone who would work with his early entry, or else MJ could come into play.  Anyone else heard anything along those lines?

I had to listen to the first period on the radio before getting home to watch 2 and 3. Radio was talking about Tkachuk, saying he was trying to accelerate high school to be college eligible for next year and had to de-commit from Notre Dame, as they wouldn't accept him early.  Gave me the impression he'd need someone who would work with his early entry, or else MJ could come into play.  Anyone else heard anything along those lines?

I have heard nothing officially but I think he would be a good option to look at.  We loose 5 and I think we only have 3 really solid options of already committed guys.  So I think the staff would try their best to get 2 of the 3 if possible.  

I have heard nothing officially but I think he would be a good option to look at.  We loose 5 and I think we only have 3 really solid options of already committed guys.  So I think the staff would try their best to get 2 of the 3 if possible.  

Tkachuck got into it with a few UND players, took a lovely dive that resulted in a penalty, and hit Gaarder up high with his stick or shoulder nearly knocking his helmet off.  He might be a good player to have on your team but I disliked him on Saturday night.

Tkachuck got into it with a few UND players, took a lovely dive that resulted in a penalty, and hit Gaarder up high with his stick or shoulder nearly knocking his helmet off.  He might be a good player to have on your team but I disliked him on Saturday night.

Yea but you play to win.  If our team is ever down 3 to 4 goals I expect them to play with an edge like that also.  I think a couple years back one of our guys took a run at a commit.  Once on campus you might joke about it some but he you sign you have to let that go.

Yea but you play to win. If our team is ever down 3 to 4 goals I expect them to play with an edge like that also. I think a couple years back one of our guys took a run at a commit. Once on campus you might joke about it some but he you sign you have to let that go.

So diving and hitting a guy up high is playing to win in your book?

And do I have to let it go or does the player?

So diving and hitting a guy up high is playing to win in your book?

And do I have to let it go or does the player?

Look I'm not saying everything he did was playing to win. And I didn't see the hit sometimes it gets high and if he intentionally went high with intent to injury no that's him being a thug. I remember a game in St. Cloud where it looked like some of our players were going after Marvin with intent. So there is a time and place to step up to someone.

All I want for the staff to bring in player wise is guys that are gonna play hard, win battles, and defend their teammates. If that's not what he did than he's a guy I don't want.

And no I don't think there is ever a time or place to dive. If he does it consistenly he's not a guy for us.

I heard the same thing this weekend. He is looking to accelerate and go to college early but Notre Dame wouldn't allow it. I had also heard a while back that he is playing out the year on the U18 and then will sign with London of the OHL.

I heard the same thing this weekend. He is looking to accelerate and go to college early but Notre Dame wouldn't allow it. I had also heard a while back that he is playing out the year on the U18 and then will sign with London of the OHL.

Most of the talk I've heard on him is it will be an upset if he ends up playing college hockey and not in the CHL.