SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruiting advantage.

Siouxperfan7

I had 6 job offers a year before graduating and beat out UND candidates for positions at most of those places.

I really didn't think I would get a job over those UND candidates. I mean my god, your university is Ivy League status.

Give me a break.....

Interesting that you knew you were competing with UND graduates...

And you obviously could not get in.

Getting into medical school requires a lot of time and effort, regardless of where it is.

Getting into a state school in North Dakota, for undergraduate studies, absolutely a joke especially if you are a ND resident.

I had 6 job offers a year before graduating and beat out UND candidates for positions at most of those places.

I really didn't think I would get a job over those UND candidates. I mean my god, your university is Ivy League status.

Give me a break.....

My gawd are you an idiot.  

Wasn't UND just named one of those worst medical schools in the nation? I thought that place was Harvard.....

You have a source for this?  There was an accreditation visit with some "dings" that was publicized, but those "issues" will all be taken care of.  Surely, the people in charge of preparing for this visit have learned a few things for next time.

Give me a break.....

You work at Hoverson potatoes or what?

• Upvote 1

Those jobs must not pay much if you have to work several of them at any one time. How do you find time to post on siouxsports?

Common knowledge. The firms recruited at both NDSU and UND. Also had friends at UND who interviewed the day after I did and were turned down for 2 of those positions.

Whoop di frickin do.  Do you want a medal or something?  With all due respect, we all could care less about the jobs you have interviewed for and have gotten. 

UND may bus to Macomb, but NDSU flies. They flew to UNI this year. The only bus trips are USD or SDSU.

I hear NDSU got a commitment from a California kid today. I thought that was UND Big Sky territory. Although he is a high school kid. Bubba seems to be putting all of his baskets in the JUCO/FBS transfer basket.

Yep he had a few FBS offers. I am surprised since the Big Sky is such an advantage for recruiting, he didn't get on board with Bubba Gump and company.

NDSU has really lost their edge when it comes to recruiting. Clearly UND is gaining on them and the national TV experiences have done nothing.

Yep he had a few FBS offers. I am surprised since the Big Sky is such an advantage for recruiting, he didn't get on board with Bubba Gump and company.

NDSU has really lost their edge when it comes to recruiting. Clearly UND is gaining on them and the national TV experiences have done nothing.

Would Bubba have had to know he existed first?  Maybe not.  

Like I said before, you guys can have all the California kids you want.  Keep recruiting out there as much as possible.

Also, may want to check and see if Wyoming was even talking to him anymore.  Did he ever take an official visit?

I am surprised since the Big Sky is such an advantage for recruiting, he didn't get on board with Bubba Gump and company.

NDSU has really lost their edge when it comes to recruiting.

I would have described the Big Sky as an athletic conference rather than an advantage. Also I would have utilized a singular pronoun to refer to NDSU's "edge".  NDSU must teach some special course in alternative English that you took.