SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruiting advantage.

Siouxperfan7

Yep he had a few FBS offers. I am surprised since the Big Sky is such an advantage for recruiting, he didn't get on board with Bubba Gump and company.

NDSU has really lost their edge when it comes to recruiting. Clearly UND is gaining on them and the national TV experiences have done nothing.

"Bubba Gump"?  Cute, very cute.  Did you come up with that all by yourself, son? :glare:

You guys are playing in the FCS Semifinals at home on ESPN2 tonight.....and yet you still find it necessary to take cheap shots at a program you claim not to care about anymore.  Talk about insecurity!  What's next, making fun of the hat Bubba wears in practice?  Oh yeah, that's right, you guys already came up with that one. :silly:

Go back to Bisonville and post in one of the 1,000+ "UND Sucks" threads on there.  We don't need your asinine nonsense here. :angry:

• Upvote 2

"Bubba Gump"?  Cute, very cute.  Did you come up with that all by yourself, son?

You guys are playing in the FCS Semifinals at home on ESPN2 tonight.....and yet you still find it necessary to take cheap shots at a program you claim not to care about anymore.  Talk about insecurity!  What's next, making fun of the hat Bubba wears in practice?

Go back to Bisonville and post in one of the 1,000+ "UND Sucks" threads on there.  We don't need your asinine nonsense here.

He's right.....we have enough of our own!

• Upvote 1

"Bubba Gump"? Cute, very cute. Did you come up with that all by yourself, son?

You guys are playing in the FCS Semifinals at home on ESPN2 tonight.....and yet you still find it necessary to take cheap shots at a program you claim not to care about anymore. Talk about insecurity! What's next, making fun of the hat Bubba wears in practice?

Go back to Bisonville and post in one of the 1,000+ "UND Sucks" threads on there. We don't need your asinine nonsense here.

Too late they called Bubba Gilligan for his hat.

• Upvote 1

Lost track of how many nationally televised games NDSU has had over the past few years. I think it is up to 13. You also had 2 Gameday appearances in Fargo.

NDSU's recruiting classes have gotten better and better. Last year's class with Stick, might be the best NDSU has ever had. Clearly national recognition is huge for recruiting.

Throw in the discounts NDSU football players get at Best Buy and the excellent education they receive in the election/ballot measure process and legal system/courtroom process in North Dakota and yea, it's apparent UND has some catching up to do in terms of its appeal to recruits.
  • Upvote 1

I had 6 job offers a year before graduating and beat out UND candidates for positions at most of those places.

I really didn't think I would get a job over those UND candidates. I mean my god, your university is Ivy League status.

Give me a break.....

Apparently your employer was looking for a certain 'dick' quality in his employees, so you stood out head and shoulders above the rest.

Wasn't UND just named one of those worst medical schools in the nation? I thought that place was Harvard.....

Worst schools in the nation?  I suppose that includes nursing too?

Gov. Jesse Ventura said, "You can't legislate stupid."

All I have to say to this comment is, "Eat !@#$ and bark at the moon!"

I think UND is doing a solid job this year and I like the way Bubba is changing the program but to say NDSU is "declining" in recruiting is kind of silly. 

NDSU has 9 players who have FBS offers.

Bruce Anderson, Demaris Purifoy, Ben Ellefson, Trenton Mooney, Bryan Carlton, Jack Darnell, Aaron Mercedal, Dominic Davis, and Jaxson Brown. 

Most importantly we are doing exceptionally well in the traditional  midwest footprint - 15 out of 18 coming from that area.

Minnesota is doing as good as ever before with 3 KARE 11 Metro players Robbie Grimsley (Gatorade POY),  Marquise Bridges and Dimitri Williams and the aforementioned Carlton, Darnell, and Ellefson.  I read something that NDSU has something like 6 or 7 of the top 30 players in Minnesota.

And the rest of the players all have offers from the good midwest teams s like like SDSU, UNI, Montana, Montana State, and Illinois State plus teams like USD and UND.

Listen Sparky, I'll fill you in on a couple of things. Most importantly we have had, and always will have, an academic advantage that makes a difference with kids who have the idea that obtaining a degree, then getting a job is an important consideration. You are the perfect example. A "2011 BisonAlumni" ( some might say alumnus) who graduated in 2011 and who still has enough time to converse on a blog of what is supposed to be an irrelevant college team, either doesn't have a job yet, or your job is such that it is irrelevant to your employer. The Ag school has done a good job lately but you should rest easy at night knowing that you have had nothing to do with that success. Because of that sad fact you seem to improve your lot in life by trying to make someone else feel badly about themselves or their teams. Sparky, that is a sad reflection on what your degree has done for you or to you. I would expect a 2011 UND grad to have been promoted in their job as an accountant, engineer, businessman or woman, pilot, teacher, entrepreneur, nurse, ..... Most get the picture. What happens to your FB team should be fun and a great time to party and see old friends. For you who seem to have nothing better to do with your life, you are missing out if this is what makes you feel good. When we recruit kids we can tell them the fact that UND grads have great success after FB as CEO's, and astronauts, and doctors and lawyers and farmers and teachers who have done great things after attending UND. We can show them your blogs and tell those student athletes they could also go to the AC and maybe blog the rest of their lives.

Interesting take.  Though I wholeheartedly disagree.  Even though this wasn't directed at me, I'll play along.  

I also have plenty of time to converse on an irrelevant college football teams website, yet I do have a job.  I'm a Regional Manager for one of the top 25 largest security companies in the United States.  On top of that I own an insurance agency, autostart installation company and recently started selling my own brand of car audio amplifiers (hobby that turned into a business) to car stereo shops throughout the United States, Canada and New Zealand.  On top of that I coach my sons sports teams and help care for my 3 month old daughter alongside my wife. Yet I still manage to find time every day to waste away on message boards, twitter, facebook, etc...

None of these "jobs" are hard, nor are they time consuming.  But they are all insanely profitable.  I directly manage/employ 37 people full time.  Most of whom also would have time to "waste" on message boards while still earning a great salary.

Interesting take.  Though I wholeheartedly disagree.  Even though this wasn't directed at me, I'll play along.  

I also have plenty of time to converse on an irrelevant college football teams website, yet I do have a job.  I'm a Regional Manager for one of the top 25 largest security companies in the United States.  On top of that I own an insurance agency, autostart installation company and recently started selling my own brand of car audio amplifiers (hobby that turned into a business) to car stereo shops throughout the United States, Canada and New Zealand.  On top of that I coach my sons sports teams and help care for my 3 month old daughter alongside my wife. Yet I still manage to find time every day to waste away on message boards, twitter, facebook, etc...

None of these "jobs" are hard, nor are they time consuming.  But they are all insanely profitable.  I directly manage/employ 37 people full time.  Most of whom also would have time to "waste" on message boards while still earning a great salary.

Ahhh so your the one who hired 2011BisonAlumni.   So do either of you actually post on BV.......or do you just come on here instead because things are more interesting or something.

You have a source for this?  There was an accreditation visit with some "dings" that was publicized, but those "issues" will all be taken care of.  Surely, the people in charge of preparing for this visit have learned a few things for next time.

http://medical-schools.findthebest.com/l/110/University-of-North-Dakota-School-of-Medicine-and-Health-Sciences

Research Smart Rank:  110 out of 157  (Below Average)

Primary Care Smart Rank:  148 out of 157 (Damn near the worst)

MCAT Score:  29 out of 45 (3 points below average)

Overall Rank:  124 out of 157 (well below average and in the bottom 1/3)

Ahhh so your the one who hired 2011BisonAlumni.   So do either of you actually post on BV.......or do you just come on here instead because things are more interesting or something.

Never met 2011BisonAlumni, but I do have both UND & NDSU Alumni working for/with me (along with USD & SDSU, Concordia, MSUM, etc...)  All good people and hard workers so I can't complain about that

I'm on here sporadically, this will be my 164th post since April 2, 2012.  So in the past 995 days I've posted about .17 times per day.

On Bisonville I have been on since October 31, 2011 and have 1366 posts.  In my time there I have posted on average about 1.19 times per day so I post there about 7 to 1.

I admittedly come here for the drama and to occasionally trade jabs in good fun.  I may not like UND sports teams all that much, but I don't particularly hate anyone just for attending UND.  Nor do I fault them for going there, especially if it is a degree that they can't get elsewhere in the state.  Doesn't mean I won't trade friendly verbal jabs with them from time to time.

All I ask is how many D-1A titles (I'm not talking lower tier football level) has NDSU won compared to UND? I know UND has won at minimum 7 national titles at the top college level, what about NDSU? And to think NDSU transferred up to the D-1A level 5 years PRIOR TO (save for just 1 sport) UND dong it so they have a leg up on UND time-wise in all but 1 sport. What's the count? 7 to .....?

Well you sure seem to be special. With all of those accomplishments one would wonder why there would be a void in your life that would need to be filled by going on another schools blog and trying to make yourself feel good by criticizing others when they or their teams are struggling. Big deal, so you coach your kids teams. When you start volunteering your time to coach youth teams that don't involve your own kids come back and pound your chest. So you can make money. Big deal. Come back and pound your chest when you give back to help those less fortunate when there is nothing else in it for you other than knowing you did the right thing. Instead of wasting time on another's schools blog ring the bell for The Salvation Army and donate $50,000 to a worthy charity. With all of your success that should be a drop in the bucket for such an entrepreneur. If all of your employees don't have anything better to do, then adopt a local charity or assign them paid time to volunteer at the local schools, local mission, etc. How pathetic that you can be so talented and insanely wealthy, yet take time to brag about the fact that you have prospered in America and take advantage of the opportunities for success. Write a letter to the local newspaper and thank the police, fire dept. veterans, military, city officials, teachers and others that allow us the freedom to succeed. Take your extra time and spend with your family. It will be time better spent than time on someone else's blog.

This conversation doesn't belong on the recruiting blog anyway. It should be a new blog: "Stupid Stuff to discuss for people with nothing better to do".