SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Drake

bincitysioux

A win is great but we were very lucky - it appeared we would lose to another not very good team!!

Sometimes its ok to be a little lucky- and maybe they aren't very good, but I bet there were 2 or 3 players on their team that we tried to recruit. So let's enjoy a road win, and build off it. Still lots of room to get better no doubt but good step forward just to win on the road.
  • Upvote 2

The thing about beating a team that is 1-7 is if you lose it just adds more fuel to the "Fire" and if you win you don't get any credit for it. Drake seems to have fallen on hard times wasn't that long ago they were the talk of mid-major basketball. I wonder if their fan site has a thread asking for their coach to be fired? 

As I said, I'm ecstatic to get a road win, and against a Missouri Valley team to boot makes it even better.  But just perusing the box score, I see the team shot just 56% on free throws.  Am I the only one that thinks that is ridiculous for a Division I college basketball team to barely make half of its free throws?

As I said, I'm ecstatic to get a road win, and against a Missouri Valley team to boot makes it even better.  But just perusing the box score, I see the team shot just 56% on free throws.  Am I the only one that thinks that is ridiculous for a Division I college basketball team to barely make half of its free throws?

You are not along in that belief.

I am sure they work on free throws in practice. It turns into a head game that some success will build on more success. Sure is a difference maker though. Sounds like we also gave us easy baskets on inbound plays under our basket. Sounds like we see these plays on tape and practice how to defend but players don't always step up. Sure sounds pretty elementary but what do you do? Our players need to step up and make all these plays that you would expect someone in high school to make. Still, great to win one on the road.

Well done by Q.

On another note, Drake's arena looks a lot like the Betty could if they put in permanent seating on the ends instead of the portable bleachers.  Understand that takes away from the multi-purpose use of it but just food for thought.

Well done by Q.

On another note, Drake's arena looks a lot like the Betty could if they put in permanent seating on the ends instead of the portable bleachers.  Understand that takes away from the multi-purpose use of it but just food for thought.

The Betty would look 10x better if the doubled the size of the risers. There's definitely room for it.