SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 FCS Playoffs

UND-FB-FAN

LMAO

SO now the argumwent with Wentz is if he doesn't make an NFL roster there's a justified argument that he "sucks"?

Wentz, like 99% of the QB's in all of D1, has some things he needs to work on. But any football fan actually trying to argue that he "sucks", or is another version of Mertens, is just playing football stupid and doesn't know jack chit. 

I also find it convenient that people calling him a shtty QB conveniently somehow miss the games he plays well in and is the best player o the field.

The ESPN annoucers last week said the NDSU QB is legit and NFL caliber.

If he can get his elbow under control and tighten up his mechanics like Aaron Rogers did his first couple of years in the NFL there's no doubt he could make it. As of right now he misses too many easy throws. Can't teach his height speed and other physical gifts.

LMAO

SO now the argumwent with Wentz is if he doesn't make an NFL roster there's a justified argument that he "sucks"?

Wentz, like 99% of the QB's in all of D1, has some things he needs to work on. But any football fan actually trying to argue that he "sucks", or is another version of Mertens, is just playing football stupid and doesn't know jack chit.

I also find it convenient that people calling him a shtty QB conveniently somehow miss the games he plays well in and is the best player o the field.

I'll put it this way. The guy doesn't torch FCS. He is big fast and has an arm. Things you can't teach. But he doesn't pick apart defenses. He lights up defenses... Sometimes... When they stack the box.

Smart guy. Good athlete. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean you are going to be an NFL quarterback. Its an extremely difficult thing to accomplish. He is not Flacco, Romo, Warner, or to a MAC-extent, Roethlisberger.

He is an okay quarterback on a team that is pretty good. That's what he is. Nothing wrong with that. Has UND had both football and hockey players who are solid who don't make the pros? Yep.

I'm more than happy to make a bet with anyone, twenty bucks, that he will not start game in the NFL.

Thanks Oxbow for the good sportsmanship !I know I struggle with it....

Win or get beat, what a run by NDSU!

I bet you almost pissed yourself with excitement on the car ride home.......knowing you'd get to come and post on a UND site after the game.

So the NFL scouts are wrong about Carson Wentz now because they were wrong about Kyle Boller? You don't see the logical problems with that statement?

Just because Carson is a nephew to someone or you drool over him because he attends your school doesn't mean he is NFL material. I'm sure a few of us know some athlete that got a shot professionaly was my example. If Jensen got a tryout I'm sure Carson probably gets the same opportunity but Jensen currently is student teaching too. Logic and any FB IQ tells one Carson has at best a minimal chance of even sticking on a practice squad more less making a NFL roster. The SDSU QB is being "scouted" too BTW.......

I'll put it this way. The guy doesn't torch FCS. He is big fast and has an arm. Things you can't teach. But he doesn't pick apart defenses. He lights up defenses... Sometimes... When they stack the box.

Smart guy. Good athlete. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean you are going to be an NFL quarterback. Its an extremely difficult thing to accomplish. He is not Flacco, Romo, Warner, or to a MAC-extent, Roethlisberger.

He is an okay quarterback on a team that is pretty good. That's what he is. Nothing wrong with that. Has UND had both football and hockey players who are solid who don't make the pros? Yep.

I'm more than happy to make a bet with anyone, twenty bucks, that he will not start game in the NFL.

Again we agree...

So who's better Wentz or Brock Jensen? People thought Jensen was NFL caliber and he got cut by Miami twice in favor of the QB from Northern Colorado. Jensen is now playing in a league in Omaha.

During the week Jensen is my daughter's student teacher in gym. And for the record he might go down as the best QB at NDSU but he is even a better person.

Didn't say he would be in the NFL but I'd bet my house he will get a chance at some teams camp. And the 2 other playoff games you said you missed, if it weren't for Carson they more than likely are done. Probably his 2 best games of the season. Today he was a bit off no doubt. It happens.

I'm not a Bison fan so I'll go with your take on his 2 "best games". I live in Fargo so I have seen big chunchs of 7 SU games on TV...miracle of live TV and DVR. Just my opinion but the others I saw looked similar to his play last night...not NFL caliber by any stretch. If your nephew makes the NFL...great for him, you, the rest of the family, and NDSU.

He has measurables. That's it. He will not do anything in the league... And that's assuming he gets a shot.

You're such a F**King idiot that it hurts.  All the pro scouts that have been through the FargoDome this year have all commented that he's a good one and will get better.

I don't get it either. Here is the deal on Carson. He started for Bismarck Century his junior and senior year but only played half the year his junior year because of injury. He is now a junior at NDSU and this is his first year as a starter. Obviously the scouts see something in him that they like and that he still needs time to develop.  To say he sucks and is marginal is laughable really. Hope he proves the naysayers wrong but in the meantime I hope he helps the Bison bring back number 4. In the end he is a hell of a kid that will be great at whatever he does, be it teaching and coaching or having a chance with an NFL team.

LMAO

I think most of us here agree the kid is legit and is certainly a prospect for the next level. Hell of a player. 

Also important to understand that he hasn't had his top receiver the past couple weeks.

I think most of us here agree the kid is legit and is certainly a prospect for the next level. Hell of a player. 

Also important to understand that he hasn't had his top receiver the past couple weeks.

Exactly right - Plus the offense isn't designed to throw the ball 50 times a game. 

What a great thread. The 2011 Bison Alumni and Bison (Lt.) Dan get their talking points from More Human(n) than Human(n) lakesbison and scurry here like good little rats and profess their loyalties, along with a couple other minions. But "UND is not a rival". OK.

One NFL scout comes to Fargo to look at Kyle Emanuel and makes a comment to Klieman regarding Carson Wentz and that becomes "all the scouts", turning this thread into ND Girls High School Hockey 2.0.

Great win by NDSU last night in a game that was delayed due to a high school basketball game in Illinois, in December, running long. That is a harsh dose of perspective. Nonetheless, what an unprecedented run the bison are on. Not sure what App. State did in years sandwiching their three peat, and I won't look it up. But this has been pretty impressive. As a UND fan, I have thought there is no way they can win this again and I have to hear about it until next season. For three years. That in itself is getting old. I hope Coach Bubba and his bosses are paying attention.

All that is left to complete this tired thread is a link to a Jeff Kolpack article declaring last night's game yet another "statement" game, which is turning into the most overused description out there. Even the sportswriters are getting bored. Here you go:http://www.inforum.com/sports/bison/3639013-kolpack-bison-defense-bounces-back-statement-game

What a great thread. The 2011 Bison Alumni and Bison (Lt.) Dan get their talking points from More Human(n) than Human(n) lakesbison and scurry here like good little rats and profess their loyalties, along with a couple other minions. But "UND is not a rival". OK.

One NFL scout comes to Fargo to look at Kyle Emanuel and makes a comment to Klieman regarding Carson Wentz and that becomes "all the scouts", turning this thread into ND Girls High School Hockey 2.0.

Great win by NDSU last night in a game that was delayed due to a high school basketball game in Illinois, in December, running long. That is a harsh dose of perspective. Nonetheless, what an unprecedented run the bison are on. Not sure what App. State did in years sandwiching their three peat, and I won't look it up. But this has been pretty impressive. As a UND fan, I have thought there is no way they can win this again and I have to hear about it until next season. For three years. That in itself is getting old. I hope Coach Bubba and his bosses are paying attention.

All that is left to complete this tired thread is a link to a Jeff Kolpack article declaring last night's game yet another "statement" game, which is turning into the most overused description out there. Even the sportswriters are getting bored. Here you go:http://www.inforum.com/sports/bison/3639013-kolpack-bison-defense-bounces-back-statement-game

Yeah, I thought the delay for a HS BB game was a bit ridiculous. And how damn long was that halftime, anyway?

Back to FCS and today's outcome:

UNH wins = NDSU wins #4 in a row

ISU wins = probably the best FCS game to watch all year

I think ISU has the horses to play with NDSU. I saw some of UNH in the quarters. The Wildcats would get curbstomped by the Bison.

Agreed. He doesn't have the greatest receiving corp and he does miss an open receiver at times, but he has a cannon for an arm and all of the tools. Maybe next year they will have some more capable receivers (Bridges for one). 

If Wentz is a marginal FCS QB, then the UND QB's on the roster are marginal D3 QB's. 

Back to FCS and today's outcome:

UNH wins = NDSU wins #4 in a row

ISU wins = probably the best FCS game to watch all year

I think ISU has the horses to play with NDSU. I saw some of UNH in the quarters. The Wildcats would get curbstomped by the Bison.

It would be the better game. 

If Illinois State plays the College of Home Ec, could the game be renamed the "NCAA  I-AA and Mississippi Valley Conference Championship"?

I admit I pegged NDSU to not make it through round 1 with barely a 7 win season. I didn't think Wentz was a Jensen 2.0, since he hasn't started a game, add a new coach and boy NDSU looked less than its 2013 team. Boy I was wrong they look pretty solid, and will have a great chance for #4. Good luck against UNH/ISU.

I admit I pegged NDSU to not make it through round 1 with barely a 7 win season. I didn't think Wentz was a Jensen 2.0, since he hasn't started a game, add a new coach and boy NDSU looked less than its 2013 team. Boy I was wrong they look pretty solid, and will have a great chance for #4. Good luck against UNH/ISU.

how's that crow taste?