SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Miami - FRIDAY

AZSIOUX

Our D crew held their own in the third, but that uninspired first period cost us the game. 

This team needs to figure out the sixty minute thing.

Thinking split tomorrow night.

GO SIOUX!!!!

I don't agree.  I DO AGREE with the uninspired first.  It is much more than that though.

We typically struggle the first half of the season, and come back in the second half, after the break.  Let's hope that cycle has not been broken by the success before the break.

Nice hard fought game by both teams. Love this outcome for Miami because everybody expected a split so the pressure is off for us. See ya tomorrow.

Thanks for keeping it civil.

That was a deserved, not expected outcome.  We were outplayed for at least parts of the game. 

Looking forward to Sat.

The first goal was soft, Zane needs to know how pucks play off the end board, especially at home this is twice now.

Powerplay needs to be faster, move to get open and tic-tac-toe passing opens up the shooting lanes.

If they're going to chip pucks in the zone use speed and make it a one-on-one race to the puck like against Providence.

I don't agree.  I DO AGREE with the uninspired first.  It is much more than that though.

We typically struggle the first half of the season, and come back in the second half, after the break.  Let's hope that cycle has not been broken by the success before the break.

?

Just wondering what you don't agree with...the hope for a split tomorrow night?  Or that our D-corps held their own in the third?  Actually, they made an incredible play with Zane on the bench to give us one last chance...

But...offense is what we were really lacking tonight.  Tough to beat Miami with two goals.  Usually takes six.

Bad 1st period cost us tonight and I thought we looked real average tonight. The powerplay as a whole struggled tonight and I thought LaDue and Thompson really were bad together on the one unit. The defense overall needs to be better tomorrow and limit the quality chances Zane made a couple real big saves to give us a chance. Need to come out ready to play from the drop of the puck tonight and can't miss the net so much make Williams make some tough saves and really test him and really go hard to the net since he wants to dive around. Really liked the physical play from the Johnson line and hope we see more of that throughout the lineup.

What is the deal with UND coming out FLAT to start home games?  We've seen this over and over.  After that, it was a pretty good game.  Too bad it was over before it started.

I don't understand why UND would not start the game with more passion. What's up with laying an egg at the beginning of the game?

All the talent in the world isn't going to win you games if you don't have the heart. I'm trying to figure out the mentality of a team this talented who starts like that against a highly-ranked Miami team. Makes me wonder what, if any, kind of tone the coaching staff or captains are setting before the game.

Makes me wonder what, if any, kind of tone the coaching staff or captains are setting before the game.

Really?

Yeah, I'm sure the coaches and captains are all just sitting around picking their noses before the games.

These guys have played a boatload of games in their careers, it's not like they need a Herb Brooks MOI speech prior to every game in order to "get up" for it.  Miami simply executed better in the early part of the game.  Enrico must have told them to stop picking their noses sooner than Hak did tonight.

Really?

Yeah, I'm sure the coaches and captains are all just sitting around picking their noses before the games.

These guys have played a boatload of games in their careers, it's not like they need a Herb Brooks MOI speech prior to every game in order to "get up" for it. Miami simply executed better in the early part of the game. Enrico must have told them to stop picking their noses sooner than Hak did tonight.

Yup, my thoughts exactly. Easy to criticize. BTW we are 7-2-1

Really?

These guys have played a boatload of games in their careers, it's not like they need a Herb Brooks MOI speech prior to every game in order to "get up" for it.  Miami simply executed better in the early part of the game.  Enrico must have told them to stop picking their noses sooner than Hak did tonight.

I wondered why semi-pro hockey players come out playing like extras in The Walking Dead in an important match-up between two top-10 teams.. Hence, the reason I asked.

If I weren't concerned about the team & a fan since the early 70s, I wouldn't have bothered.

Cool with you?

Miami is the best team ranked at #7 I seen in years especially after watching the Providence series. These 2 teams will both have a legit shot at the F4 if they remain relatively healthy moving forward.

Sound be another entertaining game tonight.

I don't understand why UND would not start the game with more passion. What's up with laying an egg at the beginning of the game?

All the talent in the world isn't going to win you games if you don't have the heart. I'm trying to figure out the mentality of a team this talented who starts like that against a highly-ranked Miami team. Makes me wonder what, if any, kind of tone the coaching staff or captains are setting before the game.

Replace "UND" with "Minnesota" and "Miami" with "UMD" and you would likely find this same exact post over on Gopher Puke Live this morning. I'm quite confident not being "up" for the game had nothing to do with the early play...

Replace "UND" with "Minnesota" and "Miami" with "UMD" and you would likely find this same exact post over on Gopher Puke Live this morning. I'm quite confident not being "up" for the game had nothing to do with the early play...

The fact that Miami got destroyed the last time they played in Grand Forks may have had more to do with it.  I'm guessing that they had a higher than normal energy level to start the game.

The fact that Miami got destroyed the last time they played in Grand Forks may have had more to do with it. I'm guessing that they had a higher than normal energy level to start the game.

I would guess Blasi popped some video in the old Miami VCR on Thursday night and showed his team last year's debacle in GF as a little reminder of how not to play...and I'm sure many of Miami's players are out to prove that last uear's entire RedHawk season is not the norm...

Anyone notice that Mac was the one taking most of St. Clair's shifts after he got his game misconduct? I think that's a good sign that a player out for a few weeks comes back and is double-shifted. He also took and won the last draw of the game. I think we may see him back at center tonight. Lots of comments about Thompson needing to be better but I thought he was alright last night. #24 has to be a lot better. That 1st period was as bad a period as he has played maybe since his freshman season.