SiouxSports.com Forum

Northern Arizona @ UND

The Sicatoka

Really funny, this was the only game I have been able to attend in person this year and it never fails to amaze me how stupid fans are at any level of football.  The guy behind me started upset but quickly figured it out but his wife kept yelling to snap the ball and say what is he doing.  Finally the guy just tells her to shut up you don't know what you are talking about. 

Good game and people need to stop complaining about play calling because all passing on early downs did was get UND in trouble.  They struggled to pass block and the WR really were not getting open.  Even the deep shot to Siebel, though a good attempt he had very little separation and that is after running the ball successfully most of the game. 

On that last third down I was confused until I realized the situation. When I realized they'd lined the ball up where they wanted it between the hashes on second down and that they were out of TOs and just burning the clock down I relaxed. (It didn't hurt that Garmin was in the backfield calming guys down.) So, spike on third, win on fourth made sense. The only thing that gets me now is that they didn't take the clock down further. Oh well, more learning. 

When you have limited numbers of WRs and those aren't getting open, passing is not a good plan. 

Really funny, this was the only game I have been able to attend in person this year and it never fails to amaze me how stupid fans are at any level of football.  The guy behind me started upset but quickly figured it out but his wife kept yelling to snap the ball and say what is he doing.  Finally the guy just tells her to shut up you don't know what you are talking about. 

At least they were there yelling and showing emotion.  She may have been completely wrong but she was into it!

The story I heard was that after the game he was pretty distraught and had been getting taunted all game - he broke and came up the side into the stands - I didn't see it just heard about it.

He definitely was emotional and he was being taunted. Just never saw him come up into the stands or even acknowledge anyone in the crowd or the taunter. I left when the team high five line was about half done.

Good game and people need to stop complaining about play calling because all passing on early downs did was get UND in trouble.  They struggled to pass block and the WR really were not getting open.  Even the deep shot to Siebel, though a good attempt he had very little separation and that is after running the ball successfully most of the game. 

I wasn't in love with the strategy, but it obviously worked. Especially in college, I kinda have a "never trust the kicker mentality". I was more upset we allowed a kickoff return. It made me nervous with some of missed special team tackles. Love that we are only talking  about hypothetical bad scenarios today though.

I wasn't in love with the strategy, but it obviously worked. Especially in college, I kinda have a "never trust the kicker mentality". I was more upset we allowed a kickoff return. It made me nervous with some of missed special team tackles. Love that we are only talking about hypothetical bad scenarios today though.

I didnt trust Taubenheim at all to begin the year. He's improved a ton. Still has a lot of work to do but he's night and day better.

I wasn't in love with the strategy, but it obviously worked. Especially in college, I kinda have a "never trust the kicker mentality". I was more upset we allowed a kickoff return. It made me nervous with some of missed special team tackles. Love that we are only talking  about hypothetical bad scenarios today though.

I agree with the strategy but the exacution was bad.  I thought they needed to take the clock down to 3 or 4 seconds but I understand the difficulty considering it was a true freshman QB and he had to spike it instead of just calling a timeout.  I didn't want NAU to have a chance at a kick return either, so I almost thought they should bounce the kick to an front line guy to prevent the return.  That could have backfired as well though by not running enough time off. 

Ending the season on a two game winning streak is a must. That provides a spring board of positive energy for the returning guys for the off season, ends the seniors on a good note, and provides momentum for recruiting.

Agreed. Hopefully beating a top 25 team in from of 20 something recruits will land a few.

What I was most disappointed with on Saturday was that there were about 14 fans in the building (excuse my hyperbole) when the seniors and their parents were announced. Everyone was still getting their last beers and chicken strips. It really was embarrassing. Not sure what one can do about it in the future, but it really was too bad - especially for what this group of kids has dealt with over the past few years.

They, IMO, deserved a little better send-off than what they received.

(no... I don't have a kid on the team) ;)

• Upvote 3

Is a scrolling banner at the bottom of video boards possible? ala ESPN?

i think they can split it up any way they want...out of town scores are not really needed now with smartphones...in two seconds i can find out the limpscomb versus niagra game if i want much less other big sky games...ill admit the screens are very very nice and impressive but they just aren't being used the well but with the alerus that can be expected.

What I was most disappointed with on Saturday was that there were about 14 fans in the building (excuse my hyperbole) when the seniors and their parents were announced. Everyone was still getting their last beers and chicken strips. It really was embarrassing. Not sure what one can do about it in the future, but it really was too bad - especially for what this group of kids has dealt with over the past few years.

They, IMO, deserved a little better send-off than what they received.

(no... I don't have a kid on the team) ;)

It was a very rushed day - Champion's club over at the CanAm - maybe they should have made an announcement!!! I was outside when the team walked in and was very loud and proud - that crowd was very small also.

I know, I'm just saying. Where is all the excitement? Nobody is talking about our next game even though we can almost double our win total from last year with a win. After taking steps back the previous 3 weeks we finally took one forward. Time to take another one into the offseason and kill it on the recruiting trail.

I know, I'm just saying. Where is all the excitement? Nobody is talking about our next game even though we can almost double our win total from last year with a win. After taking steps back the previous 3 weeks we finally took one forward. Time to take another one into the offseason and kill it on the recruiting trail.

I am still following the team and will be watching one way or another Saturday...the ASU news yesterday has kind of captured my attention.

This is what will stand out for me about this season. Roger Thomas got just 2 wins his first year at UND with winning records 11 out of the next 12 years in his coaching career. I hope Bubba can mimic this and get this team back on track to the playoffs.