SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Miami

AZSIOUX

2nd NCHC series for UND this year. UND comes in unbeaten in 8 straight games after sweeping Bucky in Bucky. Miami swept CC in Oxford. Their 3 losses were to bowling green on the road, UMD in Duluth and st Lawrence at home.

UND

7-1-1 overall

2-0-0-0 NCHC

MIAMI

7-3-0 overall

3-1-0-0 NCHC

2nd NCHC series for UND this year. UND comes in unbeaten in 8 straight games after sweeping Bucky in Bucky. Miami swept CC in Oxford. Their 3 losses were to bowling green on the road, UMD in Duluth and st Lawrence at home.

UND

7-1-1 overall

2-0-0-0 NCHC

MIAMI

7-3-0 overall

3-1-0-0 NCHC

Fixed your post. :) 

To this point, UND has played a lot of weaker teams (bottom half of the 59 in D-1).    And except for 1 night against Bemidji, its been a series of solid performances, including a road sweep at Madison.   

This weekend, we get a top tier opponent for the first time.   

Its a good time to see just how good UND is.   

To this point, UND has played a lot of weaker teams (bottom half of the 59 in D-1).    And except for 1 night against Bemidji, its been a series of solid performances, including a road sweep at Madison.   

This weekend, we get a top tier opponent for the first time.   

Its a good time to see just how good UND is.

You're exactly right. But being able to beat the teams you should beat is easier said than done, especially on the road.

• Upvote 1

Regarding post #3--I agree wins over Bem, CC, and AF are not against top-tier teams (although I swear to God just about everytime we play Bem they play like a top 20 team vs us yet they finish season at a .350 win %)  but what about the big win over Providence?  Didn't they come in to the Ralph ranked #5?  Albeit at home but a nice win (plus the tie) nonetheless. And yes, agree wholeheartedly with post #4 point made.

I disagree.

I do too.  UND has looked good, but they haven't played anyone with a decent record.  Even Providence, which we considered to be a big series, is looking rather mediocre this year.  I think this is the first really challenging series that the Sioux play.  I'm guessing split.

I disagree.

Welcome back, MAC. Good luck to you and your boys this weekend. Gonna be fun to watch.

I think Miami gets the nod up front. Not a huge discrepancy, but a discrepancy, nonetheless.

Defensively and in the nets, I think UND greatly outshines Miami. On the blue line, we are the best offensive group in the country and I don't think it's close. Solid defensively, too. Zane is a top 5 tendy, too.

I expect two tough games, but again, like it has all season, our offense from the blue line will make the difference.

UND sweeps 4-2, 2-1

I feel it’s a test to both programs at this point, UND should sweep, and I predict a Friday night win 4-2 ; now on to Saturday UND’s Achilles heel at home , if Miami has a good of coaching staff as they claim to be there will be enough adjustments made to pull off a tie and or maybe late scoring goal  for the split. As with most Saturday games UND will probably lead towards the middle of third when they take a few shifts off…Miami gets the equalizer on a power play then gets a puck bounce with less than two minutes to play to seal the deal, do I want this to happen heck no, just keeping it real

I do too.  UND has looked good, but they haven't played anyone with a decent record.  Even Providence, which we considered to be a big series, is looking rather mediocre this year.  I think this is the first really challenging series that the Sioux play.  I'm guessing split.

I actually think Providence will turn it around and have a decent season.  Too many older players.  However I agree with you, split all the way.  I would actually be happy with that.  Miami can pour it on if they get some confidence.

I do too. UND has looked good, but they haven't played anyone with a decent record. Even Providence, which we considered to be a big series, is looking rather mediocre this year. I think this is the first really challenging series that the Sioux play. I'm guessing split.

Providence has had some key injuries already this season - when healthy, the Friars are a force to be reckoned with.

I feel it’s a test to both programs at this point, UND should sweep, and I predict a Friday night win 4-2 ; now on to Saturday UND’s Achilles heel at home , if Miami has a good of coaching staff as they claim to be there will be enough adjustments made to pull off a tie and or maybe late scoring goal for the split. As with most Saturday games UND will probably lead towards the middle of third when they take a few shifts off…Miami gets the equalizer on a power play then gets a puck bounce with less than two minutes to play to seal the deal, do I want this to happen heck no, just keeping it real

That's a pretty specific call to be "keeping it real" lol.

I don't know how this turns out but if Miami gets swept there will be some moaning, wheeping, and knashing of teeth in Oxford.

We will be extremely fortunate if we sweep Miami.  I'm actually hoping for the split.  Miami will get a few early PP's in one of the games and sneak out a W.

We will be extremely fortunate if we sweep Miami.  I'm actually hoping for the split.  Miami will get a few early PP's in one of the games and sneak out a W.

Agreed, it is going to be very tough this weekend.  Sioux can't afford to get complacent, and hopefully they remember that horrible game against Miami at the Frozen Faceoff.  The fact that they end the season having to travel to Miami, I really hope they can get at least a win and a tie to have a little cushion in a very tight league before we get to the end. 

Miami generates a lot of offense, leading the league at 39+ shots/game.  We'll need to block a lot of those and give Zane good looks at the rest of them.  If we can pressure the play and keep the puck out of our zone, we're set.  If Miami can buzz and get setup for shooting that could be trouble.  

Keep the feet moving, stay out of the box, and keep the passes quick and on tape.

I'm not expecting a sweep, but this team has the potential if they come out to win both nights.  Hoping for a TCoS on Saturday night.

GO SIOUX!!!

Agreed, it is going to be very tough this weekend.  Sioux can't afford to get complacent, and hopefully they remember that horrible game against Miami at the Frozen Faceoff.  The fact that they end the season having to travel to Miami, I really hope they can get at least a win and a tie to have a little cushion in a very tight league before we get to the end. 

yup, one thing I just noticed is that Miami, by no means, has had a tough schedule yet either.  UMD is pretty tough but defintely beatable.  Miami has lost against the U-18 team, Bowling Green, St. Lawrence, and UMD.  Collectively, some of those are not good losses.  We should get a W one of the nights.