SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ BSU - Saturday

AZSIOUX

Colton IMO is a difference maker every game just because of his work ethic alone. Listened to game...how did Poolman and Olson look? Not much from TH on them. Pogs in for who? I do like Thompson's skill set a lot.

I thought they both looked pretty solid Olson delivered some big hits and created a some turnovers that lead to chances. Poolman was pretty smooth jumped up in the play at times but mostly made good simple plays. I expect to see guys like Poolman, Olson, and the rest of the freshmen get better adjusted to the speed of the game over these next few weeks and when that happens a couple could be real difference makers.

Solid road win after last night's embarassment.

• Zane, good as usual.  Last night was not his fault.
  • MacMillan and Parks need to wake up and start being the dominant Senior's that they should be.
  • Jordan Schmaltz needs to find some consistency in his game, in the exhibition he looked like an All-American, in the two regular season games, he was invisible.  He needs to be a factor each and every shift.
  • Stecher was our best defenseman tonight, Ausmus not far behind. 
  • Chyzyk and St. Clair need to play every game, period.

• Zane, good as usual. Last night was not his fault.
  • MacMillan and Parks need to wake up and start being the dominant Senior's that they should be.
  • Jordan Schmaltz needs to find some consistency in his game, in the exhibition he looked like an All-American, in the two regular season games, he was invisible. He needs to be a factor each and every shift.
To your last point...agree. Bryn and Colton play hard and fast. If OD is going to continue to play he IMO is a fit with those 2 to form a solid 3rd line. I liked Bryn and Colton a lot when they played together last season.

The radio crew were giving props to Simonson for his face off ability. That would be nice to develop another natural C (if that's what he is.)

St Clair was underwhelming offensively coming from the Force, but I'd almost keep him in the lineup for work ethic alone. He is one of the rare guys that stuck around for an entire season after being declared academically ineligible. That says a ton about his character.

• Upvote 2

The radio crew were giving props to Simonson for his face off ability. That would be nice to develop another natural C (if that's what he is.)

St Clair was underwhelming offensively coming from the Force, but I'd almost keep him in the lineup for work ethic alone. He is one of the rare guys that stuck around for an entire season after being declared academically ineligible. That says a ton about his character.

He was awesome. At one point, Virg Foss said, "Simonson is like Corban Knight on the faceoff." I think at one point he was like 6-1. 

That's good, because we lost a LOT of faceoffs last night. Listening to TH, it sounded like the Beavers won a lot of stick battles, on faceoffs and on the boards. Maybe it just sounded that way.

Colton IMO is a difference maker every game just because of his work ethic alone. Listened to game...how did Poolman and Olson look? Not much from TH on them. Pogs in for who? I do like Thompson's skill set a lot.

I thought Poolman looked decent.  His size was noticeable. He needs to be in the lineup.  I didn't notice Olson much at all but I did notice his line.  My feed was spotty at best so I can't speak much to their play.  From what I have heard the goal would be to get all the freshman forwards in the lineup by the end of the season.  They need to push some of the older players.

I thought Poolman looked decent.  His size was noticeable. He needs to be in the lineup.  I didn't notice Olson much at all but I did notice his line.  My feed was spotty at best so I can't speak much to their play.  From what I have heard the goal would be to get all the freshman forwards in the lineup by the end of the season.  They need to push some of the older players.

Watching on TV Olson was pretty good. He did a good job playing physical and causing turnovers and had 1 pretty decent chance to score but I believe he whiffed on the shot. One of his first shifts he caught a BSU player with his head down along the boards and absolutely ran him over with a hit that kind of reminded me of the one Malone put on that Denver kid a few years ago.

• Zane, good as usual.  Last night was not his fault.
  • Jordan Schmaltz needs to find some consistency in his game, in the exhibition he looked like an All-American, in the two regular season games, he was invisible.  He needs to be a factor each and every shift.
Sorry but MacMillan and Parks have never and will never be great players. Average at best, especially in Sioux hockey history. Just because they wear the jersey does not make them world beaters.

Sorry but MacMillan and Parks have never and will never be great players. Average at best, especially in Sioux hockey history. Just because they wear the jersey does not make them world beaters.

You guys realize if they are going to do anything this year, we need production from OD-Parks-Mac ? This might be reading this. You're killing their confidence. ;-)

One thing I noticed is during Fridays game when the Sioux laid an egg, the Beavs looked good and hungry. During Saturday's game when the Sioux looked good, the Beavs still looked good and hungry.

Curious to see the Beavs/Goofs game coming up...

my guess is the gophers don't piss around and hang a couple of 5 spots on BSU.  BSU isn't that good of a team.

A tad harsh and direct but your statement isn't completely false. They can play better than they have so far however.

Guys who were noticable in a good way last night, imo

-Ausmus

-Simonson

-Olson

-Poolman

-Stetcher

Stetcher is a fluid skater and shows flashes of offense (from the point) however even in the short time my feed worked last night I saw him make several mistakes on the PP.  The reason I was solely focused on him is because I wanted to gain some sort of understanding as to why Keaton sits over him.  The other D man some people on here thought would be a rotational player was Ausmus however he has been noticeable in a good way.

Stetcher is a fluid skater and shows flashes of offense (from the point) however even in the short time my feed worked last night I saw him make several mistakes on the PP.  The reason I was solely focused on him is because I wanted to gain some sort of understanding as to why Keaton sits over him.  The other D man some people on here thought would be a rotational player was Ausmus however he has been noticeable in a good way.

I thought it could have been a coin toss between Stecher, Ausmus,Thompson, and Mattson sitting.  And the first rounder didn't stand out as a boy amongst men either

The 1996-97 Fighting Sioux team was picked to finish 5th in the 10-team WCHA.  We all know how that season played out (and how many blizzards we had to endure to get to the games).

ok so now we're we are trying so say BSU is the 96-97 Sioux?  this love affair by our fan base with BSU has got to stop.  UND needs to start treating these games like they are playing DU,Miami or anyone of our other rivals.  that's part of the problem is it seems like UND doesn't want to beat up on them.