SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen4sioux

Win a title

But you wouldn't even guarantee York winning one with Toews...

Whine about 2006 and 2007 all you want, but York's teams didn't even win titles those years, having lost to Wisconsin and Cinderella story Michigan State, respectively.

I know one Sioux alum who is chomping at the bit to come back here

And he has a natty to his resume with less resources

Scott Sandelin isn't coming back to Grand Forks and he would have been fired under the standards that you're holding Hak to. How many losing seasons did Sandy have? Sandy's teams also missed the NCAA tourney more than he made it. He also had four losing season in a row. Just saying. 

Union winning last season is the exact reason why this fire Hak stuff is nonsense. 15 years ago, teams like Yale and Union barely sniff the tournament. Parity is high and when every team has talent, it makes it that much harder to go all the way.

Hey stop clouding the issue with facts. 

Scott Sandelin isn't coming back to Grand Forks and he would have been fired under the standards that you're holding Hak to. How many losing seasons did Sandy have? Sandy's teams also missed the NCAA tourney more than he made it. He also had four losing season in a row. Just saying.

Dammnit Goon your logic has no purpose here,...

this topic is for only irrational ranting of blatant lunatics....the type of screaming idiocy akin to the bellowing cries of "SHOOOOT ITTTT!" Whence any player at any moment....mites to millionaires ..touches the puck in or near the offensive zone.

• Upvote 1

Dammnit Goon your logic has no purpose here,...

this topic is for only irrational ranting of blatant lunatics....the type of screaming idiocy akin to the bellowing cries of "SHOOOOT ITTTT!" Whence any player at any moment....mites to millionaires ..touches the puck in or near the offensive zone.

Nicely said.

Can anyone provide examples where Coach Hakstol made in game changes that turned the game around?   I think he is great coach and has done well, but everyone has room for improvement.  Has our coach ever got booted from a game to fire his team up?  Last night I watched Serratore with one foot on the dasher barking at something,  has our coach ever behaved this way?  I realize it's not his style, but his style may need some adjustment.  The steely stare doesn't seem to inspire the kids.

wonder if this game will be looked back on as the hockey's version of the university of sioux falls football mess? 

Sheesh, don't jump off the bridge yet.

History lesson for you: Hockey's version of "Sioux Falls" happened on December 12, 1986.

UND vs US International, with Brad Beutow as coach. Ugly game; I remember even Hrkac took a rare frustration penalty in that one. Season ended pretty good though.

Please tell me you didn't just compare the Hrkac Circus to this year's squad.  Total apples and oranges.

What the hell are you talking about?  I was simply talking about the game that MafiaMan had mentioned because I happened to be in the arena that night.

Here's how the whole US International game came about in the discussion...I simply pointed out the worst loss in Sioux hockey history bar none...although few folks remember it because of what happened a few months later.  There was no comparison to the '86-'87 team at all, however, just like that team, should the '14-'15 team win an NCAA title next spring, five years from now, nobody will be P&M'ing about losing 5-0 at home to Bemidji in the season opener. 

Can anyone provide examples where Coach Hakstol made in game changes that turned the game around?   I think he is great coach and has done well, but everyone has room for improvement.  Has our coach ever got booted from a game to fire his team up?  Last night I watched Serratore with one foot on the dasher barking at something,  has our coach ever behaved this way?  I realize it's not his style, but his style may need some adjustment.  The steely stare doesn't seem to inspire the kids.

The famous finger is probably the closest Hakstol has come to being ejected. From just a coaching perspective, the classic example is UND's 6-3 victory over MN a couple of years ago. Late in the second period UND had a total of two shots on goal for the game, were trailing 0-3, and were totally outclassed. Hakstol called the infamous timeout. Publicly it is claimed nothing was said, but from that moment on the game was 180 degrees opposite. Gopher fans were fleeing for the exits when the Sioux made it 5-3

I get the passion many have on the issue and the loyalty many sound posters here have for Hak.

I suspect none of them would be happy if Haks teams go .600 the next 10 years and never win a title. My only question is how long does he get and I know...

A. Winning a title isn't easy and

B. I don't have a ready candidate to replace him.

My belief is he's had a nice, lengthy opportunity to get it done; he hasnt and we try someone else.

I just feel he doesn't have that IT factor whatever IT is to get it done.

I know they said the same about Roy Williams at UNC basketball, and he got it done (with the previous coach's players) and I'm really hopeful I'm wrong about Hak, but the results are what they are.

I know they said the same about Roy Williams at UNC basketball, and he got it done (with the previous coach's players) and I'm really hopeful I'm wrong about Hak, but the results are what they are.

Williams' first title at UNC was won in his second season at the school...with prize recruit freshman Marvin Williams playing a key role in the season and title game against Illinois.  He was recruited, obviously, by Williams, to UNC. 

You're right.

Not sure why I put that parenthetical in there as it had nothing to do with my point. Maybe I'm hoping a new coach here would win with Haks recruits.

My point would be the same had Hakstol led the 2004-2005 team to an NCAA title win over Denver. There would STILL be folks arguing here that "yea, but he won it with Blais' recruits," as if the previous coach would have just cake-walked to a national championship while the guy who replaced him was just lucky enough to land in the right spot at the right time.

The famous finger is probably the closest Hakstol has come to being ejected. From just a coaching perspective, the classic example is UND's 6-3 victory over MN a couple of years ago. Late in the second period UND had a total of two shots on goal for the game, were trailing 0-3, and were totally outclassed. Hakstol called the infamous timeout. Publicly it is claimed nothing was said, but from that moment on the game was 180 degrees opposite. Gopher fans were fleeing for the exits when the Sioux made it 5-3

You beat me to it... Great game and I was there!! And "fleeing" they did...love it!

The memory of the "time out" game makes me grin from ear to ear, any other examples?    How about examples where lack of game plan change had less desirable results (hoping gfhockey is still passed out at this time of the morning)?  I don't think a coaching change is needed as much as a change in coaching...   I need my pop tart or a snicker bar this morning.  

Exactly... But I started it so the moronic "fans" would have a place to scream and vent about "nattys" and Blaiss' unbeatable 2 goal leads without mucking up the other topics.

My God , what an arrogant wanker. Anyone who disagrees with you is a "moron" How's the air up there on your high pedestal?

• Upvote 1

No matter how sickening it is to see this thread going, you were clever with your idea...lol.

The best thing is that its working...in some of the other threads im seeing actual discussions about player performance and the game ....not the ranting of the buffoonery