SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen4sioux

Sheesh, don't jump off the bridge yet.

History lesson for you: Hockey's version of "Sioux Falls" happened on December 12, 1986.

UND vs US International, with Brad Beutow as coach. Ugly game; I remember even Hrkac took a rare frustration penalty in that one. Season ended pretty good though.

I was on Hak last year so it isn't a one game thing for me.

No I dont think a title is easy, but I expect one every 10 years. Am I really out of line? Something called Union won it last year.

Though thank God it was them and not the Goofs.

How many years Bjorkman have ?

Who remembers win loss record

I remember nattys bud

How many years Hak have

Bjorkman coached for 10 years, Hakstol is starting his 11th season. Hakstol has yet to have a season under .600.

Bob May coached only 2 years played for a national title twice, won the national title his second year. May's winning percentage was .766 and .661 the year he won a national title.

Barry Thorndycraft coached 5  years had 2 loosing seasons and one 2 games over .500. Thorndycraft won a national title with a .734 winning percentage.

Gino Gasparini coached 16 years had 3 loosing seasons and had 9 seasons under .600. Gasparini's winning percentage when he won his national titles .787 in 1979-80, .745 in 1981-82, and .833 in 1986-87.

Dean Blais coached 10 years had 1 loosing season and had 3 seasons under .600. Blais' winning percentage for his 2 national titles .744 in 1996-97, and .728 in 1999-00.

So who should be the coach, your holiness?

No I dont think a title is easy, but I expect one every 10 years. Am I really out of line? Something called Union won it last year.

It took 17 years between national title 2 and national title 3.

• Upvote 1

Union winning last season is the exact reason why this fire Hak stuff is nonsense. 15 years ago, teams like Yale and Union barely sniff the tournament. Parity is high and when every team has talent, it makes it that much harder to go all the way.

• Upvote 1

Union winning last season is the exact reason why this fire Hak stuff is nonsense. 15 years ago, teams like Yale and Union barely sniff the tournament. Parity is high and when every team has talent, it makes it that much harder to go all the way.

Then please explain how Boston College can win 4 titles in the last 14 years, while we have ZERO in the same period?  And both Minnesota and Denver went back-to-back in 2002-03 and 2004-05 respectively.  If it is next to impossible to hang an NCAA banner anymore, those things should never have happened.  Hakstol is becoming our version of Doug Woog: Lots of regular season success, a boatload of Frozen Four appearances and ZERO NCAA titles to show for it.  Our fan base used to mock and ridicule other programs (St. Cloud for example) for hanging participation banners instead of title banners.  Now we are almost embracing it as proof of a successful program.  I simply do not agree with that line of thinking.

Flame away (I am used to it).

• Upvote 4

Please tell me you didn't just compare the Hrkac Circus to this year's squad.  Total apples and oranges.

What the hell are you talking about?  I was simply talking about the game that MafiaMan had mentioned because I happened to be in the arena that night.

Then please explain how Boston College can win 4 titles in the last 14 years, while we have ZERO in the same period?  And both Minnesota and Denver went back-to-back in 2002-03 and 2004-05 respectively.  If it is next to impossible to hang an NCAA banner anymore, those things should never have happened.  Hakstol is becoming our version of Doug Woog: Lots of regular season success, a boatload of Frozen Four appearances and ZERO NCAA titles to show for it.  Our fan base used to mock and ridicule other programs (St. Cloud for example) for hanging participation banners instead of title banners.  Now we are almost embracing it as proof of a successful program.  I simply do not agree with that line of thinking.

Flame away (I am used to it).

thank you..well put

I know one sioux alum who is chomping at the bit to come back here

And he has a natty to his resume with less resources

Sandelin has been head coach at UMD for 14 years...this is his 15th.

Of the 14 seasons, UMD has been .500 or below for 8 of those seasons.

You really think the rabid UND faithful would be happy with every other season being a losing one?

If you're getting a new head coach, at least replace him with someone with a decent track record of putting winning teams on the ice consistently.

Sandelin has been head coach at UMD for 14 years...this is his 15th.

Of the 14 seasons, UMD has been .500 or below for 8 of those seasons.

You really think the rabid UND faithful would be happy with every other season being a losing one?

If you're getting a new head coach, at least replace him with someone with a decent track record of putting winning teams on the ice consistently.

for at least ten of those years he was recruiting to one of the worst arenas in the league (way off campus too)...hak has had rea since day 1

UND vs US International, with Brad Beutow as coach. Ugly game; I remember even Hrkac took a rare frustration penalty in that one. Season ended pretty good though.

Does the bolded part ring a bell?  That is what I was responding to.  I also was at the U.S. International game and it was easily the worst game that team played all year.

Just curious, who would you replace him with? No smack, genuinely interested in your answer. Blais is not a valid response.

I think Blais will retire when his current contract with Omaha is finished.  He has said he wants to spend more time with the grandchildren and it's hard to do that as the CEO of a D-I hockey program.

Does the bolded part ring a bell?  That is what I was responding to.  I also was at the U.S. International game and it was easily the worst game that team played all year.

It was just an observation regarding that particular game and team.  In no way am I comparing them to the current team...that 86-87 team was a lot of fun to watch; full throttle all the time.  We didn't know how good we had it!

It was just an observation regarding that particular game and team.  In no way am I comparing them to the current team...that 86-87 team was a lot of fun to watch; full throttle all the time.  We didn't know how good we had it!

He did. Probably was calling for Gino's head after that loss. He was 12 after all.