SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. MSU 'Cats on 09/27

Oxbow6

Was this the Montana school we beat in Grand Forks two years ago and then last year they came in and kinda ran it up on us to make a point? (However I am in the school that if you don't want to get run up on then it's up to you to make the stops.)

Was this the Montana school we beat in Grand Forks two years ago and then last year they came in and kinda ran it up on us to make a point? (However I am in the school that if you don't want to get run up on then it's up to you to make the stops.)

The was Montana not Montana State.

Thank you - I guess that will be somewhat of a measuring stick for the defense in two weeks.

The Cats scored 60 on UND last year...I don't think we'll have to wait 2 weeks for the defensive "measuring stick".

Looks like we aren't the only ones trying to figure out how the team will win games with this offensive offense.

User Actions
  Follow
gyVC-uKs_bigger.jpegColter Nuanez@Bobcat_Beat

These UND stats are rather astounding. North Dakota averaging 9 1st downs, 9.8 points, 205 yards of offense, yet are 2-2 #BigSkyFB

#bestdefensesincetheDiggerdays

:D

Holy cow when did I register on this site?  This username lol.

Anyways, MSU fan here.  I'm expected a closer game than maybe some of you think.  MSU is coming off a very emotional loss at home against EWU, and UND's defense looks like they are pretty solid.  

I also think UND will have some success moving the football - the Cats just can't seem to grasp that whole tackling concept.  And our front 4 isn't generating enough pressure on their own, so we are having to bring blitzes.

MSU has come out of the gate firing this year only to fizzle in the 4th quarter.  I wouldn't be surprised to see us struggle a bit early on here, maybe 7-3 at the end of the 1st Cats.  But I think we'll get our footing and put the petal down, and I think the final score will be in the 28-16 range.

Holy cow when did I register on this site?  This username lol.

Anyways, MSU fan here.  I'm expected a closer game than maybe some of you think.  MSU is coming off a very emotional loss at home against EWU, and UND's defense looks like they are pretty solid.  

I also think UND will have some success moving the football - the Cats just can't seem to grasp that whole tackling concept.  And our front 4 isn't generating enough pressure on their own, so we are having to bring blitzes.

MSU has come out of the gate firing this year only to fizzle in the 4th quarter.  I wouldn't be surprised to see us struggle a bit early on here, maybe 7-3 at the end of the 1st Cats.  But I think we'll get our footing and put the petal down, and I think the final score will be in the 28-16 range.

If our offense scores 16 points, I'll consider the weekend a step in the right direction.

Wow - not quite sure what I saw here.   Thanks for sharing.

Bunch of guys playing tag.  If we had anything remotely resembling a passing game, I'd like our chances to score quite a few points this weekend (not win, but score).  As it is, I don't know if there is an easier FCS team in the country to prepare a defensive game plan for.  Maybe Stony Brook.

Holy cow when did I register on this site? This username lol.

Anyways, MSU fan here. I'm expected a closer game than maybe some of you think. MSU is coming off a very emotional loss at home against EWU, and UND's defense looks like they are pretty solid.

I also think UND will have some success moving the football - the Cats just can't seem to grasp that whole tackling concept. And our front 4 isn't generating enough pressure on their own, so we are having to bring blitzes.

MSU has come out of the gate firing this year only to fizzle in the 4th quarter. I wouldn't be surprised to see us struggle a bit early on here, maybe 7-3 at the end of the 1st Cats. But I think we'll get our footing and put the petal down, and I think the final score will be in the 28-16 range.

You'll definitely get a chance to see how your defense tackles in this game. We play straightforward offensive football on the ground.

As for the defense, it is definitely the only hope UND has to win the game on Saturday. They have played really well the past three games. Even the Missouri State game, which ended in a 38-0 loss, was only 14-0 at halftime and the offense surrendered one of those scores on a turnover. UND can pressure the quarterback alright this year, and I know Montana State has a mobile quarterback, but Missouri State had one too and UND handled him quite well in terms of scrambling.

The game will come down to turnovers, which in my mind goes to whether or not UND can run the ball. If UND can run, they will keep the game quite close the whole game, possibly even pull it out. If UND has to throw it because they can't run, either because of UND's oline or the score, then Montana State will force a couple turnovers and win this thing handily.

If our offense scores 16 points, I'll consider the weekend a step in the right direction.

Just don't get it, huh? Stony Brook's defense is quite better than Montana States. I'm confident we'll be able to run the ball and play admirable defense.

UND definitely scores at least 2 touchdowns. You heard it here first.

I also suggest the downer UND fans read this article: http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/tom-miller-und-defense-deserves-credit

Just don't get it, huh? Stony Brook's defense is way better than Montana States. I'm confident we'll be able to run the ball and play admirable defense.

I also suggest the downer UND fans read this article: http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/tom-miller-und-defense-deserves-credit

Is the Robert Morris defense better than Montana State?  I'm happy with UND's defensive performance thus far this year, but it doesn't change my opinion of our offense to date.

Just don't get it, huh? Stony Brook's defense is quite better than Montana States. I'm confident we'll be able to run the ball and play admirable defense.

Not a math wizard but 2 TDs equates to 14 points which is still less than 16...correct?  So 2 TDs wouldn't be a step in the right direction because 16 is greater that 14.

Just saying...............