SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey Expansion

cberkas

On 2/20/2022 at 1:51 PM, Blackheart said:

Not true Mafia...Mariucci counts the players on the bench as paid spectators.;)

On 2/20/2022 at 1:55 PM, Goon said:

Don't forget the workers and press box people. 

Points taken.  I was there several weeks ago for the 2nd game against Michigan. There were several dozen folks walking around with hand-held signs reminding people to wear your mask.

36 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Points taken.  I was there several weeks ago for the 2nd game against Michigan. There were several dozen folks walking around with hand-held signs reminding people to wear your mask.

I thought Jan Malcolm was banned from Mariucci?

UNLV club hockey sees winning as key to going Division I | Las Vegas Review-Journal (reviewjournal.com)

“If we’re gonna do anything with adding, we’re gonna do strategic planning,” Harper said. “You have to do feasibility studies and make sure that you’re meeting all the parameters that you can support. Again it all goes back to the funding.”

In ACHA news:

Lindenwood and Central Oklahoma play tonight for the ACHA D1 National Title at 7:00.

Lindenwood going for their 4th and Central Oklahoma going for their 3rd. Central Oklahoma building themselves into a ACHA powerhouse team. 

Rocco’s sister set up a zoom meeting with the Central Oklahoma hockey team and Rocco to talk about balancing school and hockey. 

“We were two weeks away from announcing that we were going to add varsity hockey and move forward with the downtown facility and then COVID hit,” Illinois Associate Director of Athletics Kent Brown said. “And so everything was put on hold and just recently, within the last few months, discussions have again kind of started with the different parties that were involved with that to indicate where everybody was at from a funding standpoint, from a programmatic standpoint, from a property and development standpoint.

https://herald-review.com/sports/hockey/university-of-illinois-hockey-still-in-the-discussion-stage/article_b1d8c5c4-28f0-5725-8d0b-29f6fa91e2ab.html

They do talk about Illinois State, who could easily move to NCAA D1 with Grossinger Motors Arena, where they play at.

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

Me too

I don’t buy the whole COVID kept us from adding hockey, that Illinois is putting out. 

Maybe they have someone from University of Michigan helping them with their press releases.:whistling:

• Upvote 3

Looks like they are getting the floor ready to pour in the AHL arena. It's amazing how long it has taken them to get the AHL arena this far, granted they were working on 3 other rinks at the facility. San Jose State would have a nice looking arena to use.

Classic Center in Athens Georgia will have a ground breaking on April 28th.

Photos: Exclusive view inside Acrisure Arena construction near Palm Desert, Calif. (desertsun.com)

The one arena in a place I'm surprised they are putting a AHL team has been coming along pretty fast.

The Dollar Loan Center is now open (a possible place for UNLV)

F&M Bank Arena's 3 main sections coming into focus in downtown Clarksville | ClarksvilleNow.com

This is the most I can find on the F&M Bank Arena. Looks to be coming along with the redesigns that have happed during construction.

• Upvote 1