SiouxSports.com Forum

FBS games

darell1976

• 3 weeks later...
Looks like the ol ball coach is hanging it up.

Sark was fired from USC as well.

I always liked Spurrier. He made some uncharacteristic comments this summer but I was really pulling for him this year. Sark is in the same category as Bielema. Didn't like him last year with his sideline antics and cocky attitude at pressers, really disliked him this year. People get divorced all the time and don't have to drink 24/7 to get over it. Don't even try that excuse. 

• 2 weeks later...

The job is Claeys' to lose.  Regardless, there will be a search process of some sort.  Rod Carey will get a look.   

As a Gopher football fan I would be happy with giving Claeys the opportunity and it would help keep together a very good recruiting class. If they decide to go a different way I'd go after Pat Narduzzi since Pitt's coaches seem to leave pretty quickly recently or Tom Herman from Houston although I wouldn't be surprised if he gets looks from USC or Miami too.

Edited by SiouxScore

As a Gopher football fan I would be happy with giving Claeys the opportunity and it would help keep together a very good recruiting class. If they decide to go a different way I'd go after Pat Narduzzi since Pitt's coaches seem to leave pretty quickly recently or Tom Herman from Houston although I wouldn't be surprised if he gets looks from USC or Miami too.

They still need to hire a long-term AD, that's the other variable here.