SiouxSports.com Forum

FBS games

darell1976

Waaaaaaaaaaah!  All of my Notre Dame fan friends are crying about the offensive pass interference call last night.  They've apparently forgotten about the 2012 "Phantom Whistle" play against Stanford on what was ruled no TD for Stepfan Taylor (skip forward to 2:07 mark and go thru about 5:31)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6fNZK2WwFY

Legs still churning...Taylor on top of other players but no knee or elbow down...no whistle and officials continue watching Taylor put the ball over the goal line...that one's a mystery. 

That was definitely offensive pass interference it was just a stupid play by the Notre Dame receiver because if he didn't do it the result of the play probably still would have been the same.

Waaaaaaaaaaah! All of my Notre Dame fan friends are crying about the offensive pass interference call last night. They've apparently forgotten about the 2012 "Phantom Whistle" play against Stanford on what was ruled no TD for Stepfan Taylor (skip forward to 2:07 mark and go thru about 5:31)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6fNZK2WwFY

Legs still churning...Taylor on top of other players but no knee or elbow down...no whistle and officials continue watching Taylor put the ball over the goal line...that one's a mystery. Also, earlier in that same game, Stanford had a 3rd and 2 and the ball was handed off to Taylor on what appeared to be an offsides play. A phantom whistle from the crowd could be heard, Stanford's line stops and Taylor stops as he is handed the ball...before being tackled by an ND player. The ruling on the field? No whistle from the officials, 4th and 9 Stanford. I cannot find a video of that play but it is mentioned in several instances in various blogs...and not only from Stanford fan sites. Here are a couple of them:

http://articles.southbendtribune.com/2012-10-13/sports/34436582_1_whistle-taylor-stanford-coach-david-shaw

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/notre-dame-home-games-fake-ref-whistles-and-pattern

Weird. I haven't heard any Irish fans crying. It was interference. Plain and simple. Probably would have scored if they just got in the way rather than actually blocking the guys.

You crying about one of the greatest goal line stands in history however.... That's crying. That was a play that could have went either way.

Weird. I haven't heard any Irish fans crying. It was interference. Plain and simple. Probably would have scored if they just got in the way rather than actually blocking the guys.

You crying about one of the greatest goal line stands in history however.... That's crying. That was a play that could have went either way.

I'm talking about my personal Irish fan friends blowing up my phone after the game, Johnny.

As far as Stanford, watch the play. At no point in time does any official blow the play dead. Taylor is still wiggling while Manti is sprinting off the field to celebrate at which point official "H" runs in to spot the ball.  Taylor's on a pile of bodies and no part of his own body is touching the ground. The ball is clearly across the goal line but H spots it just short of the goal line.  Then they go to replay about "excessive celebration"? HUH? ???

I'm talking about my personal Irish fan friends blowing up my phone after the game, Johnny.

As far as Stanford, watch the play. At no point in time does any official blow the play dead. Taylor is still wiggling while Manti is sprinting off the field to celebrate at which point official "H" runs in to spot the ball. Taylor's on a pile of bodies and no part of his own body is touching the ground. The ball is clearly across the goal line but H spots it just short of the goal line. Then they go to replay about "excessive celebration"? HUH? ???

Forward progress is an amazing thing isn't it? He got stuffed. Went nowhere... Eventually got in. Whether there was a whistle or not will not be known. That game has zero bearing on the game last night.

"High-Character"

"Heart"

"Dignity"

"Class"

Jimbo Fisher describing Florida State football immediately after last night's game.

That was about the third time I heard Jimbo say that in an interview the last few weeks. I thought coach, if you need to keep saying it, it's probably not true. That was funny.

That was about the third time I heard Jimbo say that in an interview the last few weeks. I thought coach, if you need to keep saying it, it's probably not true. That was funny.

Kind of like when I keep telling the ladies how well endowed I'am. You can say it all you want doesn't make it true no matter how well you play on the field the lies are eventually exposed and there's a disappointed person/people.
  • Upvote 1

Ndsu would dominate the fbs playiffs

NDSU would get put in their place if they played the FBS teams that make the playoffs.

If they finish 11-1 and the SEC teams keep beating each other up they have a shot

Notre Dame should join the ACC, which would increase their chances of making the playoffs.

That's exactly the point I've made numerous times over the years about another school's fans that seem the need to remind themselves and anyone who will listen about their superiority.

NDSU would get put in their place if they played the FBS teams that make the playoffs.

Notre Dame should join the ACC, which would increase their chances of making the playoffs.

Why would Notre Dame do that?  They will be playing 5 ACC teams every year...they play USC and Stanford every year.  They also play Navy and Purdue.