SiouxSports.com Forum

FBS games

darell1976

Georgia is whoopin' Missouri right now...27-0. I've seen them play several times this year - Chubb would be a starter on most FBS teams.

My Mizzou Tigers got taken behind the woodshed by Georgia 34-0.

Oklahoma beats Texas 31-26, a lot closer then I would have thought. 

Mississippi State leads Auburn 21-6

Duke beats Georgia Tech 31-25

My Mizzou Tigers got taken behind the woodshed by Georgia 34-0.

Oklahoma beats Texas 31-26, a lot closer then I would have thought.

Signs of the day (held together by two ladies) at Georgia/Missouri game:

"I used to be a gurley girl..."

"but now I'm a chubby girl"

I don't know the exact numbers, but Texas haf outgained Oklahoma something like 250 yards to 29 thru two quarters...and trailed 17-13.

Dear God,

I sincerely appreciate the help you gave UNC yesterday, although they fell just short.  For the love of all that is holy, please, although it pains me to say this, help out Jameis Winston and FSU next weekend against the Irish.

Thank you.

MafiaMan

Dear God,

I sincerely appreciate the help you gave UNC yesterday, although they fell just short. For the love of all that is holy, please, although it pains me to say this, help out Jameis Winston and FSU next weekend against the Irish.

Thank you.

MafiaMan

Dear Lord,

Thank you for the humbling experience against UNC. While we are God's Gift to the world, please don't let it go to my boys heads. Oh... And stay out of the Florida State game.

Go Irish!

John

Dear Lord,

Thank you for the humbling experience against UNC. While we are God's Gift to the world, please don't let it go to my boys heads. Oh... And stay out of the Florida State game.

Go Irish!

John

Dear God,

JohnboyND7 hasn't been to church since baptism.  Just an FYI.

Sincerely,

MafiaMan

Dear God,

JohnboyND7 hasn't been to church since baptism. Just an FYI.

Sincerely,

MafiaMan

Dear Lord,

I was in the front row today.... Sure it was only because it was the only seat open I could see but we don't need to worry about that.

God. Country. Notre Dame.

John

Dear Lord,

I was in the front row today.... Sure it was only because it was the only seat open I could see but we don't need to worry about that.

God. Country. Notre Dame.

John

Dear God,

Thanks. Bison fans (who also cheer for Notre Dame) already have enough nice things.

MafiaMan

Dear Lord,

We are back. Thank you.

John

Waaaaaaaaaaah! All of my Notre Dame fan friends are crying about the offensive pass interference call last night. They've apparently forgotten about the 2012 "Phantom Whistle" play against Stanford on what was ruled no TD for Stepfan Taylor (skip forward to 2:07 mark and go thru about 5:31)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6fNZK2WwFY

Legs still churning...Taylor on top of other players but no knee or elbow down...no whistle and officials continue watching Taylor put the ball over the goal line...that one's a mystery. Also, earlier in that same game, Stanford had a 3rd and 2 and the ball was handed off to Taylor on what appeared to be an offsides play. A phantom whistle from the crowd could be heard, Stanford's line stops and Taylor stops as he is handed the ball...before being tackled by an ND player. The ruling on the field? No whistle from the officials, 4th and 9 Stanford. I cannot find a video of that play but it is mentioned in several instances in various blogs...and not only from Stanford fan sites. Here are a couple of them:

http://articles.southbendtribune.com/2012-10-13/sports/34436582_1_whistle-taylor-stanford-coach-david-shaw

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/notre-dame-home-games-fake-ref-whistles-and-pattern

And here's another article regarding the Stanford game as well as the Pitt game. Unfortunately, the video for the phantom pass interference call against Pitt in the 4th quarter no longer exists. By this point in the season, the Notre Dame "mystique" and the nation's desire to believe the Manti T'eo hype were out of control. It's as if the whole country just couldn't stand to see the Irish lose...and don't get me started on link #2 and Notre Dame's two-players-wearing-the-#2-jersey on the field for Pitt's missed field goal in OT. Illegal participation, penalty, re-do the kick. But the officials curiously missed that too, not that anyone should be surprised...

http://thefixisin.net/notredame.html

http://subwayalumnistation.blogspot.com/2012/11/notre-dame-jersey-number-controversy.html