SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

Michigan wears it all the time. Don't they have 2 maze jerseys, 2 white jerseys and a blue jersey?

Not this year...just the white, blue, and alternate maize block M jersey. There will, however, be a special set of jerseys made for February's Hockey City Classic.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/090814aaa.html

cberkas and Godsmack...where are you guys?

I was busy doing my part to contribute to the fiscal recovery of the U.S. economy...(little did my boss know, I was pretty much taking it easy for 8 hours today-gotta conserve my energy for Wednesday's U.S./Canada game).

I was busy doing my part to contribute to the fiscal recovery of the U.S. economy...

I didn't know you were helping President Obama kick a wedding party off the golf course in Hawaii so you could play a round with him...how's the weather out there today?

I can't believe that LSSU won that tourney.  :ohmy:

Rather fire who ever put this weak schedule together that's hurting us

They make these schedules like 4-5 years in advance.  Kind of hard to predict some teams that might be up/down in half a decade.

Also, it has been mentioned in the past that scheduling "easier" OOC teams would be more beneficial to the PWR...what would be better: to be .500 in OOC record due to scheduling tough teams or to be 7-1-1 like we currently are against weaker competition?  My guess is that you would be on here shouting for Hakstol to be fired in either scenario.

Notre Dame beats Miami 3-2 in (OT)

Sounds like this was controversial at best. I know a couple guys who were at the game, and after the game they had a couple beers with the LSSU coaches who gave them the lowdown.

So Notre Dame pulls there goalie and are buzzing pretty good, at some point the "seasoned" citizen sitting in the goal cage turns on the goal light as Notre Dame continues to try and score(none of their players celebrated and the refs did not signal a goal). They stop play and go to review it but the overhead camera was not working, According to the LSSU coaches they asked the goal judge what he saw and he said he "thought" he saw the puck go in? So neither referee called it a goal and replay wasn't working and they count the goal? I guess Rico was a little upset.

I can't believe that LSSU won that tourney. :ohmy:

They make these schedules like 4-5 years in advance. Kind of hard to predict some teams that might be up/down in half a decade.

Also, it has been mentioned in the past that scheduling "easier" OOC teams would be more beneficial to the PWR...what would be better: to be .500 in OOC record due to scheduling tough teams or to be 7-1-1 like we currently are against weaker competition? My guess is that you would be on here shouting for Hakstol to be fired in either scenario.

Und's first half results have been impressive but those 4 teams they've played in the "bottom 13" must be hurting und in the pairwise. If the season ended last night und would have just slipped in the ncaas of with a 3 seed. Thankfully pairwise means nothing yet and half the season remains:)

Und's first half results have been impressive but those 4 teams they've played in the "bottom 13" must be hurting und in the pairwise. If the season ended last night und would have just slipped in the ncaas of with a 3 seed. Thankfully pairwise means nothing yet and half the season remains:)

Yes, thankfully we play an entire season instead of half of one

Rather fire who ever put this weak schedule together that's hurting us

We're fine.  This early in the PWR there are always a bunch of swings.

You look at the adjusted RPI, which is so important, and we're presently in good shape.  There is a huge gap between us and #12.  There are about 5 teams in front of us within that same point gap.  We're going to have a chance to get some quality wins the second half of the season.  I think you will see the WCHA come back to earth a bit these next couple of weekends.  Play good hockey in the second half and we'll be in great shape.  Certainly better than sweating it out down in PWR #20, or that area.

• Upvote 1

Fire Jackson?

Simple Question?

I was thinking the other day, I wonder if the NCHC dodged a bullet with Notre Dame.  They have a great "brand", but Ohio State has a great brand and I don't know that they are going to cause the Big 10 to be a super hockey conference.

That Notre Dame program seems a mess right now.  Jackson probably benefits a bit in that hockey is an afterthought at the school.  I'll admit, I'm old enough to remember when Notre Dame was a part of our conference.  They sucked.  They added nothing to the conference and certainly didn't cause our recruiting to improve just based upon playing Notre Dame in hockey.

You can't minimize public exposure and tv contracts, but...

I was thinking the other day, I wonder if the NCHC dodged a bullet with Notre Dame.  They have a great "brand", but Ohio State has a great brand and I don't know that they are going to cause the Big 10 to be a super hockey conference.

That Notre Dame program seems a mess right now.  Jackson probably benefits a bit in that hockey is an afterthought at the school.  I'll admit, I'm old enough to remember when Notre Dame was a part of our conference.  They sucked.  They added nothing to the conference and certainly didn't cause our recruiting to improve just based upon playing Notre Dame in hockey.

You can't minimize public exposure and tv contracts, but...

That's why I've said it's ridiculous that some posters have stated UND won't be able to keep up with schools that have major tv contracts and prominent football programs.  Obviously, Notre Dame isn't putting a good product on the ice despite their games being shown on NBC and having a well-known school. 

Sounds like this was controversial at best. I know a couple guys who were at the game, and after the game they had a couple beers with the LSSU coaches who gave them the lowdown.

So Notre Dame pulls there goalie and are buzzing pretty good, at some point the "seasoned" citizen sitting in the goal cage turns on the goal light as Notre Dame continues to try and score(none of their players celebrated and the refs did not signal a goal). They stop play and go to review it but the overhead camera was not working, According to the LSSU coaches they asked the goal judge what he saw and he said he "thought" he saw the puck go in? So neither referee called it a goal and replay wasn't working and they count the goal? I guess Rico was a little upset.

http://www.und.com/sports/m-hockey/recaps/122814aaa.html

Granted, that's Notre Dame's take on the story...but doesn't sound that unusual.