SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

We used to love the road trip to Houghton. Tickets were easy, the town was nice, maybe not so much now. I remember one year we played them the first conference weekend and it was the first time we had been there when there was not at least two feet of snow on the ground and it was beautiful. Go Tech, see you in Boston.

We used to love the road trip to Houghton. Tickets were easy, the town was nice, maybe not so much now. I remember one year we played them the first conference weekend and it was the first time we had been there when there was not at least two feet of snow on the ground and it was beautiful. Go Tech, see you in Boston.

I made the trek to Houghton ten years ago...still one of my favorite road trips of all time.

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2012/6/28/3110587/conference-realignment-hockey-east-uconn-notre-dame-boston-college

This is just one article but if memory serves me right, BC administration was not at all in favor of UConn joining Hockey East.  There's also quite a bit of resentment over the special treatment Notre Dame is getting in the conference with their NBCSN TV deal.

So Alaska Fairbanks has to forfeit wins if I read that article correctly. How will this affect the pair wise and the teams that play them/have played them?

Yeah, their Pairwise won't be affected.  They just won't be able to make the post-season, no matter how high they are ranked at the end of the year.

It will be interesting to see if they will get into the top 10-13 teams in the pairwise.

The offenses were from 2007-2012... So not a darn thing happens.

Right.  That part really just affects the record books.  The only things that actually affects the current team is this year's playoffs (including WCHA tournament) and losing one full scholarship for the next three years.

If the university self-reported the problem back during the 2011-12 season, I wonder how upfront they were with recruits regarding this issue.  Did recruits know sanctions were likely to be handed down during their time playing?  I'd be feeling pretty pissed if I were a senior on the team this year.

I did not realize that Alaska took the hit across the entire athletic department.

The NCAA just put itself on the spot: What happened at North Carolina was far worse. Will the NCAA hit UNC as hard?

(Hint: If I were betting I'd bet the under.)

I did not realize that Alaska took the hit across the entire athletic department.

The NCAA just put itself on the spot: What happened at North Carolina was far worse. Will the NCAA hit UNC as hard?

(Hint: If I were betting I'd bet the under.)

They can punish Alaska as much as they want since they don't represent any revenue to the NCAA, UNC on the other hand....