SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

Duluth announcers claiming the Miami player embellished when he was hit from behind. Then they said it should have been a 2 minute cross check and not a 5 minute major. If a player gets hit from behind along the boards it should most likely be a 5 minute. 

Penalties should have no relevance to whether or not the player was injured.  They should be assessed based on the rules and the potential to cause serious injury.

Penalties should have no relevance to whether or not the player was injured.  They should be assessed based on the rules and the potential to cause serious injury.

Yeah I heard one of the announcers say a 5 minute major should only be called if a player is hurt. 

Wilcox with the dumbest penalty.

St. Cloud leads Minnesota 4-0

Miami leads Duluth 3-2

Duluth announcers claiming the Miami player embellished when he was hit from behind. Then they said it should have been a 2 minute cross check and not a 5 minute major. If a player gets hit from behind along the boards it should most likely be a 5 minute. 

From what I saw, it was not even a 2 minute penalty.   I would have called the Miami player for embellishment.   

Pretty sure you are joking, but so other people aren't confused, pairwise doesn't mean anything until January.

Shoot...................You just ruined my plan to upgrade from SRO to something with seats.  Guess I need to come up with a better scheme. :D

Pretty sure you are joking, but so other people aren't confused, pairwise doesn't mean anything until January.

Pairwise literally means nothing until late March. It's designed to fluctuate until the final weekend. A team can go from 16 to 1 from January to March... Not because they moved up but because the Pairwise formula was finally complete.

Pairwise literally means nothing until late March. It's designed to fluctuate until the final weekend. A team can go from 16 to 1 from January to March... Not because they moved up but because the Pairwise formula was finally complete.

It's not final until late March but that doesn't mean it's useless. Jim Dahl gives calculations on where UND will end up depending on the amount of wins starting January and is usually spot on. I find that useful.